Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

a couple random beers that i drank a lot during my travels:

Delirium Tremens - Belgian Strong Ale - has won the "Best Beer in the World" title

La Guillotine - Belgian Strong Pale Ale - 9%ABV so its strong, but interesting

Tsingtao - used to get 1 liter versions of these in China for a quarter

Carlsberg - very popular in the Mediterranean

Tremens is by far the best beer I have ever had.

yeah, i was at a privately owned Italian restaurant when the owner (a beer connosieur) served us all of his favorite beers.

that was the first time i had it and it opened my eyes to beers other than your typical domestic.

Wow, I'll keep that in mind, GS.

Like I told yall, the price is hefty for that stuff over here...well the price is hefty for anything! But the way you're raving about it I think it might be worth it :)

Just picked up a six of DFH 60 Minute IPA and a four of my favorities, the DFH Midas Touch.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Drinking some Loose Cannon Hop3 IPA right now. Great way to finish a crazy work week.

:) Thank you.

Brought home some Loose Cannon today. Also got to bring home some of our Hang Ten - its a Doublebock Wheat Beer. The bottling line had some issues so we got a few 'samples'. Quite nice.

Like I told yall, the price is hefty for that stuff over here...well the price is hefty for anything! But the way you're raving about it I think it might be worth it :)

Just picked up a six of DFH 60 Minute IPA and a four of my favorities, the DFH Midas Touch.

I've heard great things about the Midas, though I've never had it. Honestly though, I'm not crazy about the 60 min. Love the 90 min, however.

I've heard great things about the Midas, though I've never had it. Honestly though, I'm not crazy about the 60 min. Love the 90 min, however.

It goes great with steak and potatoes (tonight's late-night dinner). Like I said a page or two ago...The 60 Minute is my go-to boating/fishing beer.

Tell ya what, the Midas Touch is pricey but I swear it's worth it. One of my favorite beers...I'm actually aging a four pack as I type. I'll open one on every 23rd of June for the next four years.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I said there is a dark coffee undertone because the chocolate and smokey roast dominates. It may taste like an espresso, but admittedly I've never had one. One thing is for sure, if espressos taste like a bunch of chocolate and roasted malts, then this beer tastes like an espresso!

Missed that the first time. I'll probably give it a shot.

Had a Ale Smith Barrel Aged Speedway Stout at the Tap Room Barrel aged night. A+ so smooth and complex. The barrel aging smoothens the coffee perfectly. Can't even notice it is 12% A+

Followed that up with a flight of sours:

Ballast Point Sour Wench. Super interesting. Lots of berries going on. Not like most sours. B

New Belgium La Folie. Great beer. My GF's favorite. Does not shy away from being sourm, but very drinkable. B+

Rodenbach Grand Cru. Probably the best sour you can get for the price (750ml for 9.99). I don't mean that as a back handed compliment. If you doubled the price I still go for it every once in awhile. Decent amount of berry. A-

Russian River Concencration. A great beer, but I think this one was too fresh. One of the tartest beers I've had. That smoothens with age. Still excellent though. B+

Edited by Sebowski

Just picked up the DFH Midas Touch tonight! I had a Midas Touch for the first time at the DFH restaurant a few months ago and loved it. Was pretty excited to see it at Whole Foods today!

:) Thank you.

Brought home some Loose Cannon today. Also got to bring home some of our Hang Ten - its a Doublebock Wheat Beer. The bottling line had some issues so we got a few 'samples'. Quite nice.

Loose Cannon is one of the staples in my kegerator.

Over the years, I've bought so much of it,, (and the Peg Leg), that I probably helped put Hugh's daughter through college ;)

How is working at Clipper Ci...err....or arrrrggghh....Heavy Seas working out?

Do they have any Below Decks left for sale during tours?

I have a 1 bottle of '06,(which is the best version, IMO, so far), and some from the past couple of years going back to '07.

Note to self: be nice to rincewind..he works at Heavy Seas

Loose Cannon is one of the staples in my kegerator.

Over the years, I've bought so much of it,, (and the Peg Leg), that I probably helped put Hugh's daughter through college ;)

How is working at Clipper Ci...err....or arrrrggghh....Heavy Seas working out?

Do they have any Below Decks left for sale during tours?

I have a 1 bottle of '06,(which is the best version, IMO, so far), and some from the past couple of years going back to '07.

Loose Cannon. Mmmmm... I've been telling people that I don't say it's a good beer because I work there, I work there because it's a good beer. Which is true.

Sorry, no Below Decks right now. We do have the Summer Ale, the Pale Ale, and the Smoke on the Water porter on tap, however. And, just so you know, there will be no tours in August. So, if you want to go, go now. I will be working the tours on the 10th and the 24th.

Note to self: be nice to rincewind..he works at Heavy Seas

:evil:

Loose Cannon. Mmmmm... I've been telling people that I don't say it's a good beer because I work there, I work there because it's a good beer. Which is true.

Sorry, no Below Decks right now. We do have the Summer Ale, the Pale Ale, and the Smoke on the Water porter on tap, however. And, just so you know, there will be no tours in August. So, if you want to go, go now. I will be working the tours on the 10th and the 24th.

:evil:

Cool.....we'll try to get there on one of those dates.

Are you working the taps? :chug:

I'll shoot you a PM if we go.

I've taken the tour so much over the years, that I can give the tour. :ols:

Seriously.

I've seen the '09 Below Decks locally, at Cristo's in Glen Burnie, Fishpaws in Arnold and Gran Ritchie Liquors in Pasadena. I'll have to snag some....