Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

It has probably had 50,000 more reviews and consitently scored high.

2,700 to 900, enough to where both beer's ratings will barely budge anymore. I just don't think it's a 96 out of 100. Personally, that area is reserved for knock-your-****ing-socks-off type beers. SNPA is one of those solid, drinkable session brews that isn't really anything to sit there and dissect. I know it holds a special place in many peoples' hearts, kind of like a classic American Hot Rod. But really, how honestly great is a Chevy Stingray when compared to a Ferrari Enzo?

Tell ya what, the last two kegs I have gotten have been SNPA. It's a friendly brew to almost anyone. Has the taste of hops and can fool others in to thinking it's sort of a suped up macro. Never have people wondering wtf they're drinking, even the Miller Lite addicts.

Just trying to make my angle clear, I know everyone judges beer differently. I don't think I've ever factored in how classic a beer is in my reviews.

2Tell ya what, the last two kegs I have gotten have been SNPA. It's a friendly brew to almost anyone. Has the taste of hops and can fool others in to thinking it's sort of a suped up macro. Never have people wondering wtf they're drinking, even the Miller Lite addicts.

SNPA is very refreshing. It's also reasonably priced. IMO, it's not kegworthy, because it's relatively inexpensive.

I like it when people wonder wtf they're drinking which means, hopefully, that they won't drink any more of my beer! ;)

SNPA is very refreshing. It's also reasonably priced. IMO, it's not kegworthy, because it's relatively inexpensive.

I like it when people wonder wtf they're drinking which means, hopefully, that they won't drink any more of my beer! ;)

:ols: That last line should be in the beer bible! Amen! Over here Sierra Nevada APA is consistently $18 a 12 pack. The Torpedo, Hefeweizen and Stout go for the same price, and I'd take 'em all over the APA if I wasn't looking to chug. Right now I'm on my third SNPA and yeah, it's definitely refreshing. Easy as hell to drink. C+/B- ain't bad yall!

AAAWWwwwww......... Gif making thread fo me hard slow read..... Oh wait all better now!.... I once attempted years and years ago when I was dumber then dirt to put marijuana seeds and steams in this beer kit that I got for one of my birthdays. Needless to say after about 45 days or so if turned out very "unique".

:ols: That last line should be in the beer bible! Amen! Over here Sierra Nevada APA is consistently $18 a 12 pack. The Torpedo, Hefeweizen and Stout go for the same price, and I'd take 'em all over the APA if I wasn't looking to chug. Right now I'm on my third SNPA and yeah, it's definitely refreshing. Easy as hell to drink. C+/B- ain't bad yall!

SNPA is $14.75 a 12 pack out this way.

AAAWWwwwww......... Gif making thread fo me hard slow read..... Oh wait all better now!.... I once attempted years and years ago when I was dumber then dirt to put marijuana seeds and steams in this beer kit that I got for one of my birthdays. Needless to say after about 45 days or so if turned out very "unique".

Blue Ridge Brewing Company(not around anymore) use to make a "hempen ale". They made some pretty good beers, I'm not sure why their not around anymore.

Agreed.

We can usually find the Pale Ale for around $15.00. All of the SA products, except for the Bigfoot, cost the same. All things being equal, I'd go for the Torpedo almost every time. With that being said, I think that charging the same for their Summerfest lager is a joke. That stuff just isn't that good.

I learned a while back to only put beer in the kegerator that I like. If my buddies like it, (which they usually don't), more power to them. If they don't, more beer for me!

Been neglecting this thread but not beer. Wish I would have doumented some of the stuff I've been drinking. It really is easier to write something up quick and then rfer to it later to see how I felt about a beer.

Finally tried the #8 that's been sitting in my fridge for a month or so. Really liked it. Found a store that carries all three as well, but it is a 30min drive and I forgot to buy any when I was up there. The store is next to the Pizza Port (Port Brewing) in Carlsbad. I was there for the Real Ale Fest. 60 Cask beers. I keep meaning to post what I had there. I have a list at home.

Also had and loved this guy:

bourbon-county-stout-new.jpg

12.5%

Really smooth. Much more chocolate than I was expecting. If you ever want to spend $13 on a beer this will not disappoint you.

Tonight I got a six of Loose Cannon for $12. It was $9.50 at the old liquor store. :mad:

Still can't pass it up on a hot summer weekend.

Damn!

You can get it around here, (Baltimore area), everywhere for $9.99, tops. I'd take my money elsewhere, if they're stickin' it to you like that.

Try the Victory Hop Wallop, next time you throw down big like that.

I've got a keg of Hop Devil in the kegerator now, which is excellent. I haven't tried the Hop Wallop yet. I'll have to grab a sixer, to see if it's "keg-worthy"

Also had and loved this guy:

12.5%

Really smooth. Much more chocolate than I was expecting. If you ever want to spend $13 on a beer this will not disappoint you.

Wow, that head looks like a grainy chocolate milkshake!

Damn!

You can get it around here, (Baltimore area), everywhere for $9.99, tops. I'd take my money elsewhere, if they're stickin' it to you like that."

Jeez, everything is so expensive in Montgomery County, this place sucks when it comes to alcohol. I have to start doing big beer runs outside of this area. :mad:

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Jeez, everything is so expensive in Montgomery County, this place sucks when it comes to alcohol. I have to start doing big beer runs outside of this area. :mad:

Go to the montgomery county liquor control stores...great deals!

I bought a bottle of Van Winkle for $35 bucks when other places were charging around $50....the White Oak store was huge.

Edited by The Brave Little Toaster Oven

Wow, that head looks like a grainy chocolate milkshake!

If you come to the ES tailgates, shoot me a PM a week or so before a game.

Tell me what you want and I'll check the prices around here.

If you think that they're reasonable, I'll pick some up and give you the beer at the tailgate. We bring so much crap, I can probably only fit a case.

Just curious what did you pay for the Ruiniation?

I found this place in Hagerstown that sells these beers for dirt cheapn 9.99 a 6er. I picked up a 6er of smuttynose ipa for 6.99 and a 6 er of Lancaster Hop Hog for 7.99. They have ridiculous prices on beer with a very good selection.

The Lancaster Hop Hog is just "okay". It doesn't even taste like an IPA, IMO.

Agree...100%

It's pretty bad.

I bought a 6-pack and was very, very disappointed. It should be called "Malt Hog".

I couldn't even finish the 6-pack.

I used it to make beer-battered coconut shrimp, and fish & chips.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
spelling

Agree...100%

It's pretty bad.

I bought a 6-pack and was very, very disappointed. It should be called "Malt Hog".

I couldn't even finish the 6-pack.

I used it to make beer-battered coconut shrimp, and fish & chips.

I was wondering if they mis bottled a nut brown ale.