Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

DFH 90 Minute IPA

Hop flavor is pine resin, oranges, earthiness, a squeeze of grapefruit, and a weird chemical-like flavor. Try imagining what kiwi extract would taste like. Yeast/dough flavor has a pretty overbearing presence, I'd say stronger than the caramel. Body isn't that thick for a DIPA, carbonation IS strong for a DIPA. Hey, it's an interesting changeup, pretty off-the-wall, not something I'm going to keep buying like I have in the past. I've had better DIPAs.

90_Min_3shot.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Milwaukee's Best Ice

Flavor is sterling silver, public bathroom, old water, inside of shoe, with a bit of straw & hay. The sterling silver flavor really stands out when this beer is cold. I know this flavor from nervously holding my awesome $20 necklace in my mouth as a teenager. However, I know old water when I taste it, and this beer is made from old water. Forget oak casks, this stuff is aged in stainless steel before the brewing process even begins. Finish is chewed-pencil all the way. Recommendation: If you only have 10 bucks left after a week in Vegas, place it all on red.

milwaukees-best-ice.jpg

Milwaukee's Best Ice

Flavor is sterling silver, public bathroom, old water, inside of shoe, with a bit of straw & hay. The sterling silver flavor really stands out when this beer is cold. I know this flavor from nervously holding my awesome $20 necklace in my mouth as a teenager. However, I know old water when I taste it, and this beer is made from old water. Forget oak casks, this stuff is aged in stainless steel before the brewing process even begins. Finish is chewed-pencil all the way. Recommendation: If you only have 10 bucks left after a week in Vegas, place it all on red.

http://www.thebrewsite.com/images/beers/milwaukees-best-ice.jpg

Hahahahaha I wouldn't even drink that **** in college. It truly is disgusting.

Edited by Skins4Life6388

Milwaukee's Best Ice

http://www.thebrewsite.com/images/beers/milwaukees-best-ice.jpg

:ols:

Picked up some early Sam winter..like it a lot.

fall brews don't last long enough IMO. winter brews are already here and we will have them for the next 4-5 months.

you only get fall brews for a solid 2 months before the disappear

Completely agree. Pumpkin spiced beer is right around a top 5 style for me. I missed out on the Southern Tier Pumking this year, didn't reserve any. Had to around here. I'll be craving that Schlafly 'til next frickin September.

Alright, winter two-fer:

Sam Adams Winter Lager

This is a subtle flavor, even for Sam Adams' standards. Mildly toasted wheat bread with a steady tone of orange peel bitterness. Getting a tuoch of caramel. Description on the bottle says it has cinnamon and ginger, but they are barely even there. A true seasonal session beer, gulp this stuff down. In case of blizzard, buy a case.

sam-adams-winter-lager.jpg

(Pre-2011 Winter Lager [one of the best lables ever])

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron

This flavor is gargantuan. Mixture is in the order of prunes/plums, booze, black coffee, dark chocolate, the palo santo wood, then caramel. It's hard to believe the wood flavor is 5th place on the strength-of-flavor list; it's in your face. Body is medium, real smooth carbonation though. Beer is intense, recommend a 4 pack when temp goes below zero.

dogfish_head_palo_santo.jpg

Total Wine in NOVA? Who here has been to one of these things? IF so why haven't you ever said anything about it?

That place has the best beer selection I have EVER seen, picked up some Stoudts Fat Dog, Kentucky Breakfast Stout, and Sculpin...If my wife and kids were not in the car I could have done some major damage.

There are a cluster of Total Wines in NOVA. Nice grab on the Kentucky Breakfast Stout, if I ever see it, no hesitation.

I purchased a couple of singles last year, sooooo freaking good.

Since Founders and Ballast Point are not sold in Maryland, I went there looking specifically for Breakfast Stout, they had it on end caps. Sculpin is another beauty, have you tried it?

I thought the prices were really good compared to the prices in Maryland, and the selection is something I have never seen before, Hundreds of beers and they will sell you individuals.

Going to crack a Fat Dog Stout from Stoudts in a few, I had it a few years ago, from what I remember it was solid.

Edited by GoSkins561

I purchased a couple of singles last year, sooooo freaking good.

Since Founders and Ballast Point are not sold in Maryland, I went there looking specifically for Breakfast Stout, they had it on end caps. Sculpin is another beauty, have you tried it?

I thought the prices were really good compared to the prices in Maryland, and the selection is something I have never seen before, Hundreds of beers and they will sell you individuals.

Going to crack a Fat Dog Stout from Stoudts in a few, I had it a few years ago, from what I remember it was solid.

I need to travel a good distance with finding beer as my top priority. Because you're right, there are some top quality breweries that Maryland never carries. I'm chomping at the bit to find stuff from Three Floyds, Bell's and Russian River. It's BS I've never had any of their stuff. I really want to get in to the Side Project series from Terrapin, and Sebowski has seriously hyped up the IPAs from Alpine Brewing Co. Never seen a Founder's or Ballast Point beer.

Evolution Exile ESB

Massively carbonated, kind of off-putting if you ask me. Flavor is tart EK Goldings and yeast mostly, little pale ale-ish side to it. Not really my thing, too carbonated. Like drinking bubbles.

DSC_0123-200x300.jpg

Evolution Primal Pale Ale

Grass and pine within an especially drinkable, silky body. Biscuity, nutty, slight caramel touch. A real solid pale ale.

c84f8a201c9f41235d3de6a50d205a2d_320x320.jpg

I can't stop getting the Double Dog from Flying Dog. IMO, it's the best common craft beer from Maryland. Might even be the best of ANY craft beer from MD, but I want to try the Heavy Seas Prosit again before I crown its ass. Loose Cannon is a close challenger as well. Double Dog is just a big, well-rounded hop experience.

Not too boozy; easy to deal with if you love yourself a serious punch of different flavored hops.

Yes, based on their APA I wasn't expecting the hop kick, it's a big one.

Didn't spot the Schlafly Tasmanian today, so I got some Lagunitas Brown Sugga' and a bomber of Sierra Nevada Estate Homegrown Ale.

Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA (w/maple syrup) was in stock. Wanted to do some research before I spend $12 for a single 22oz. Feel like I've had the 60 & 90 so much that I can practically imagine its exact flavor.

Lagunitas Brown Shugga' Barleywine

Malt is heavy in this beer - brown sugar, dark fruits, caramel. Sticky pine sap with grapefruit and grass round out a strong hop profile. Body is pretty milky. This is so yummy, the best winter seasonal I've had. Thank you higher power for Lagunitas Brewing Co.

lagunitas-brown-shugga.jpg

Sierra Nevada Estate Homegrown Ale

Aroma is juicy tangerines, really nice. Flavor totally switches to a high-end bitterness. Grass, grapefruits. This reminds me of their standard Pale Ale. Imagine the Pale Ale with pronounced bitterness. Not a lot of caramel. Body is "swigable" like the Pale Ale as well, just more of a chalky hop bitterness, easy drinkin' for a hop head.

5131215140_e94521997a.jpg

FYI Pumpkin lovers:

Went to Perfect Pour in Columbia, MD today around 945. They received some Schlafly's Pumpkin and Southern Tier Pumpkings late in the season. They still have 3 cases of Schlafley's left (they had 4, but I bought one, 6 pack $15, case $60) and they still have quite a few cases of Pumpkings left. Open @ 11 am tomorrow. 4 Pumpkings per person. Naturally, I bought 4.