Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confidence in Campbell

Arnok Vanquish

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me.

If you have not shown that you have "IT" by now, why oh why should we believe you ever will have "IT"?

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR JC.

:2cents:

It may be unpopular, but the man crush that some folks have on Jason is plain ridiculous. He is an NFL pro, and has been in the league for 4 years, and literally has been babied.

He sat out the 1 year and a half to learn the system. The sad part is that he hasn't progressed every year that he has played. He seems to be regressing as this season has progressed.

By now, Jason should have shown his "IT" factor. For crying out loud, the 2 rookies - Matt Ryan and Joe ?? are show casing their "IT" factors.

Take Trent Edwards ... he too doesn't have a great O-Line, but still manages to keep plays alive, and ways to win.

What I'm saying is Campbell is not a great QB. Great QB's can win and make inferior talent better. Campbell has never done that and shown no signs of having that quality.

Now I also said JC can be a very good Qb if surrounded by a good cast of players. There is nothing wrong with that. I agree with we have more and bigger problems on this team then Campbell and have stated that I hope the team makes the proper changes this off season to help Campbell along.

As far as Young and Bradshaw are concerned those are two different stories in two different era's of the game.

I disagree that he's never done that. He didn't do it the last 2 weeks. But I think that it's foolish to say that he's never done it.

Young wasn't that long ago. Bradshaw was. Young also played in the same offense in SF (basically) that JC is playing in now.

Want a more recent example? Look 120 mile or so north. D. McNabb, with the same system for several years, looked pretty miserable until he got it, then led his team to 4 NFC Championships and a SB. Offenses are complex, and it takes time. I'm not predicting that JC is going to be a HOFer, I'm just saying that he can be a top 10 QB in the league for 5-10 years, but we're going to have to be patient with it for a little while longer without having a canipition every time the team loses badly, because that's going to happen some times.

It's not about the 2 losses it's the WAY we lost on the national stage. Our offense, particular JC looked confused and putrid, we average 8pts per game at home. What worries me the most is the fact that it looks like our offense plays with no confidence and JC is showing no leadership qualities that top shelf QBs posses.

I just find it hard to take anything you say seriously with your handle. Shows that there is no possibility that a reasonable argument could ever work, because your mind is made up.

It may be unpopular, but the man crush that some folks have on Jason is plain ridiculous. He is an NFL pro, and has been in the league for 4 years, and literally has been babied.

He sat out the 1 year and a half to learn the system. The sad part is that he hasn't progressed every year that he has played. He seems to be regressing as this season has progressed.

By now, Jason should have shown his "IT" factor. For crying out loud, the 2 rookies - Matt Ryan and Joe ?? are show casing their "IT" factors.

Take Trent Edwards ... he too doesn't have a great O-Line, but still manages to keep plays alive, and ways to win.

Actually, Trend Edwards has a pretty decent OL.

And the man crushes on Campbell have nothing on the man crush for Colt.

13. Matt Ryan's IT Factor

Team Record 6-4 TD's 11 Int. 6 Completion Rate 59.4%

Passer Rating 87.8

He has 3 more touchdowns but also 3 more interceptions. Completion Rate is way below Jason's 64.5% and Passer Rating is just a little below Jason's 90.3 But for a rookie, I think he is doing great.

But it's downhill from there

23. Joey Flacco Team Record 6.4 TD's 8 Int. 9 Completion Rate 62%

Passer Rating 77.2

Explain to me how the one less TD and 6 more interceptions is showing his IT factor over Jason.

19.Trent Edwards Team Record 5-5 TD's 8 Int. 10 Completion R. 66.4%

Passer Rating 82.5

Same here. Where is this IT factor when the team has a worse record and he has less touchdowns and 7 more interceptions.

If the IT factor means a worse record, a worse TD/INT rate and a worse passer rating, then I'm very happy that Jason doesn't have "IT". :silly:

I am convinced that people who blame Campbell for the offense's ineptitude don't watch any Skins games or at least they don't know what their watching.

Oh and by the way, no can judge Campbell by what they see on TV. You can't see the field so you can't see if any recievers are open. The only way you can judge for sure that Campbell is doing things right or wrong is to watch the game from an elevated seat in the stadium (or a camera with that view).

I am convinced that people who blame Campbell for the offense's ineptitude don't watch any Skins games or at least they don't know what their watching.

Oh and by the way, no can judge Campbell by what they see on TV. You can't see the field so you can't see if any recievers are open. The only way you can judge for sure that Campbell is doing things right or wrong is to watch the game from an elevated seat in the stadium (or a camera with that view).

And even then, they aren't qualified to judge a QB.

I put that with Zorn.

Shhh, that game never occured in the eyes of the Collins apologists and the Campbell haters.

Uh if Cooley doesn't drop that pass in the red zone leading to a missed FG we win that game. The oline played well enough to win the game for the most part. Once we got down by 2 scores we had to pass and the hawks were pinning their ears back and coming after Collins.

If you have not shown that you have "IT" by now, why oh why should we believe you ever will have "IT"?

This says it all. Close thread.

Regardless of who is in the game at QB, if you find yourself continually making excuses for the QB, odds are the QB doesn't have it.

I don't want to hear excuses about how many coordinators he has had either.

4 years into his NFL experience and Zorn has to teach him not to stare down his primary receiver. Zorn has to teach him how to look for his second or third option. Thats pathetic.

JC may someday be a good qb, maybe not. He hasn't shown anything special to me to make me want to give him top $$$$ on a new contract. That said, adequate QB's are hard to find. Trent Green, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels all started this year, and are all Redskins throwaways. Not that they are good or anything.

Uh if Cooley doesn't drop that pass in the red zone leading to a missed FG we win that game. The oline played well enough to win the game for the most part. Once we got down by 2 scores we had to pass and the hawks were pinning their ears back and coming after Collins.

So your saying jason Doesn't have WR drops? I can think of atleast two that were game killers in the last game alone. yeah they pinned theirs back but, what do you think they doing with Campbell now almost every play. Bottom line the O-line is not good enough to pick it up.

The only reason that JC defenders get accused of making excuses is because the JC bashers are constantly bringing this up and nit-picking; such an argumentative situation is likely to bring out reasons for things that have happened, which are then labeled as excuses by previously mentioned bashers. No one is fooling you bashers but yourselves; and it's been many more times than twice. If we had Peyton Manning in DC, the same crowd would be crying about how long he takes at the line or something. The only QB we've had since the last SB who was as good as JC was Brad Johnson. Think about the other guys who've went out there and stunk it up: Heath Shuler, Gus Frerotte, Shane Matthews, Danny Weurffel, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell, etc. Think about that list and then tell me you're not thankful for JC.

The point is that we are constantly being bombarded with excuses. How many times have you heard "well its gonna take time cuz Zorn is new?" Well what about Harbaugh in Baltimore? What about Mike Smith in Atlanta?

How many times have you heard "Well cmon' what do you expect from Campbell, its a new system.". Its Matt Ryan's first year in the league. Its certainly a new system. Its a new coach. Its a new freakin league for that kid. And he is on a team that picked in the top five last year. These excuses for our franchise are just repeatedlly tolerated by our fan base. Its incredible. Eddie Royal and Deshaun Jackson are picking up their system just fine. So what the hell is up with our rookie wideouts? Its just excuses after excuses with this team.

and my point is that being "impatient" does no good either. There is no quick fix. Thinking that Colt Brennan and/or Todd Collins are going to come in here and make this team better is nothing more than a wild guess. The grass is always greener seems to be your motto ... well, my point is ... that it ain't always so, and bailing on JC now is the same exact thing this organization has been doing for the pats 15 years.

I won't argue with the success of the other rookies in the league, and I certainly agree that i would also like to have some of that on the offensive side of the ball. But I think we having that with Horton on the defensive side of the ball.

Name me another rookie from ATL, Philly that are blowing it up? Just saying, we have a rookie safety who is possibly going to the pro-bowl this year. I

Calling the folks who support JC and like what they see in him as "excuse makers" ... isn't fair and short sighted. I get it, you want results and you want them now. We all want the same results, but expecting the magic button to come from TC or Brennan, IMO ... isn't founded on anything other than the opinion/thought that JC can't do it.

All we're saying is give JC a fair chance, not just one chance. I'm not trying to change your mind on him because it is apparent that you feel the way you do about him, and that's that.

I can respect your opinion, even though I completely disagree. :cheers:

This says it all. Close thread.

Regardless of who is in the game at QB, if you find yourself continually making excuses for the QB, odds are the QB doesn't have it.

I don't want to hear excuses about how many coordinators he has had either.

4 years into his NFL experience and Zorn has to teach him not to stare down his primary receiver. Zorn has to teach him how to look for his second or third option. Thats pathetic.

JC may someday be a good qb, maybe not. He hasn't shown anything special to me to make me want to give him top $$$$ on a new contract. That said, adequate QB's are hard to find. Trent Green, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels all started this year, and are all Redskins throwaways. Not that they are good or anything.

This post kind of sums up what I was saying in my previous post. There are those who won't be happy no matter who is under center. Forget the other two guys, but Trent Green was good every year until last year. He's not great now, but he showed promise while in Washington, then left and had a great career. Had there been message boards back then, they'd have featured posts blasting Green, too. I know a lot of this is coming out because the TEAM (not just JC, but the TEAM) lost two games in a row. To me it just seems like reactionary scape-goating.

See it's people like this guy.. It's not his fault really, he just doesn't know anything about football. He should take the time to educate himself a bit before posting.

Bottom line, you put Tom Brady behind our Oline, and he'd look like Tim Couch. It's not an excuse it's a reason.. The Oline sucks

12 sacks says otherwise. I know that's not as many as JC, but he does get hit and he's a ROOKIE. JC's problem is because he doesn't know how to move away from the pass rush. I was at the Bills/Browns game last night and Brady Quinn avoided numerous sacks.

I see him avoid the rush all the time! I've seen him dodge dudes, step up to throw, even shrug off would-be sackers. We aren't watching the same games, apparently.

I will have to agree with some of the posters here that it's the fault not only of the O-line, but JC as well. Our O-line definately has problems in pass protection (run blocking they are great), and pass protecting should be Zorn's #1 priority right now.

However with that being said, JC is in fact holding onto the ball too long and he is making some bad decisions. He also hasn't been scrambling out of the pocket like he should be doing. I can see both sides here.

Does this mean he should be benched? No.

Does this mean he's not a good QB and not "our man"? No.

Does this mean he still has to improve on reading defenses, scrambling out of the pocket, and making better decisions? Yes.

The problem is, time is running out and we HAVE to beat Seattle this Sunday or we are in definate trouble. We have Baltimore and the Giants coming up soon after and those are going to be VERY difficult games.

Zorn really needs to just get back to basics with the O-line and really work them this week in practice and help them with pass protection.

and my point is that being "impatient" does no good either. There is no quick fix. Thinking that Colt Brennan and/or Todd Collins are going to come in here and make this team better is nothing more than a wild guess. The grass is always greener seems to be your motto ... well, my point is ... that it ain't always so, and bailing on JC now is the same exact thing this organization has been doing for the pats 15 years.

I won't argue with the success of the other rookies in the league, and I certainly agree that i would also like to have some of that on the offensive side of the ball. But I think we having that with Horton on the defensive side of the ball.

Name me another rookie from ATL, Philly that are blowing it up? Just saying, we have a rookie safety who is possibly going to the pro-bowl this year. I

Calling the folks who support JC and like what they see in him as "excuse makers" ... isn't fair and short sighted. I get it, you want results and you want them now. We all want the same results, but expecting the magic button to come from TC or Brennan, IMO ... isn't founded on anything other than the opinion/thought that JC can't do it.

All we're saying is give JC a fair chance, not just one chance. I'm not trying to change your mind on him because it is apparent that you feel the way you do about him, and that's that.

I can respect your opinion, even though I completely disagree. :cheers:

Todd Collins is a better QB then JC and he proved it last year. We've scored ONE offensive touchdown in 2 home games. To be honest it's not possible to get less productive then that. All we ever hear from JC lovers are the same excuses that have been made for him sucking for the 2 years he has been starting. Isn't it funny how the oline suddenly started blocking and the WRs got open after we put Collins in who hasn't taken a regular season snap in 10 years. Everyone was getting blamed from Gibbs to Saunders to the oline and WRs but everyone just glosses over the fact the our QB isn't getting the job done.

I think the Skins will handle Seattle just fine. Dallas just had a breakout night after being in the psychological doldrums for several weeks. Collins, and Colt, would have done equally bad. Seattle's pass rush isn't equal to Dallas's. Campbell will do fine.

Ok bottom line when it comes to winning a football game: A healthy o-line that gets the job done. We don't need an elite QB to win games, no one does, but it is nice. I don't care how much people want to be a passing team, we are not, we run the ball. That is our "IT" factor. Campbell is good enough to win games when the o-line plays well. He has proven that. As far extending plays, he has done that. Some people just look for one play in a game to point out to everyone else just so they can bash a player they don't like. I don't care if you dislike Campbell he is our quarterback and he is getting the job done. We are 6-4 in a season where we were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the league. It is amazing how soon people will go from expecting to be a team that wins a few ball games to thinking we should be the top superbowl contender. This team including Campbell has already accomplished much more than it was supposed to. More will come. Teams an QB's will lose ball games...Period. It happens get over it!!!

Archived