Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confidence in Campbell

Arnok Vanquish

Those aren't winning football numbers. That's one of the problems. Many of you accept "well enough." I'd rather for him to have atleast 16 TD passes with 7 INT's at this point.

I give you props for finally saying what stats Campbell should be at i/o of just saying "he's not cutting it".

I would say 16/7 at this point most directly correlates to Aaron Rodgers so far (15/6). Packers are what record... 5-5? Rodgers also lost to Dallas at home also - 290 yds and 0 TDs - and threw a whopping ZERO touchdowns against Minnesota's ole! pass defense.

My point is a 3-1 TD INT ratio is FANTASTIC for a guy averaging 30 attempts a game. The TD numbers are low b/c the RZ offense has not been good. The INT numbers are low b/c he's not making dumb throws. They might not be the *best* throw, but JC is consistently not throwing the stupid/dumb/dangerous pass.

I give you props for finally saying what stats Campbell should be at i/o of just saying "he's not cutting it".

I would say 16/7 at this point most directly correlates to Aaron Rodgers so far (15/6). Packers are what record... 5-5? Rodgers also lost to Dallas at home also - 290 yds and 0 TDs - and threw a whopping ZERO touchdowns against Minnesota's ole! pass defense.

My point is a 3-1 TD INT ratio is FANTASTIC for a guy averaging 30 attempts a game. The TD numbers are low b/c the RZ offense has not been good. The INT numbers are low b/c he's not making dumb throws. They might not be the *best* throw, but JC is consistently not throwing the stupid/dumb/dangerous pass.

9 TD passes is NOT fantastic with our running game. Tyler Thigpen who by all accounts is not going to Hawaii anytime soon has 10 and he started half the games JC did this year with a horrible oline and a defense that couldn't stop anyone if they had their OC's headset.

The INT numbers are low b/c he's not making dumb throws. They might not be the *best* throw, but JC is consistently not throwing the stupid/dumb/dangerous pass.

And that's what I'm really glad to see. He's progressing. He's playing and throwing smarter and not making as many mistakes as last year.

The TD's will come around. Once he pairs the smart ball with our redzone tries getting better, the numbers will look a lot better. Kelly will help that out. Thomas should help that out, and Fred Davis as well once they all start to come along.

Guest sith lord

Honestly, I'd like to see him throw the dangerous pass a little more often. Name one good QB that doesn't throw passes when guys are covered? Does guys have to be wide open for JC to excell? And the reason his INT's are down is not because he makes the smart pass, it's because he makes the safe pass.

No one ever said it was all up to one person, but the fact of the matter is that JC's not getting it done.

Look, either the JC apologist or the JC critics are gonna be proven wrong on this issue. For the record I really hope it's us JC critics, but I don't believe we will.

I beg to differ. I am not pointing fingers either but there are plenty of people that are joining the pile-on... stating that Campbell IS the sole reason for our losses of late. Basically stating that when the entire team collapses... starts fumbling, chocking on catches... etc...

JC should be able to carry the whole team by throwing long bombs, telling the O line how to block and remote controlling his receivers to break their routes when he see fit.

I am with you about JC. I beleive he will pan ou. And my one and only real critique on him... and its not all that bad... is his tendency to hold the ball too long AT TIMES. Not all the time.

That being said, I think most of the JC critics will pipe down a bit if our O line can get it back together.

Hey.. at least this type of stuff keeps the boards interesting. I really enjoy the passion of our fansbase regarless of their point of view.

I beg to differ. I am not pointing fingers either but there are plenty of people that are joining the pile-on... stating that Campbell IS the sole reason for our losses of late. Basically stating that when the entire team collapses... starts fumbling, chocking on catches... etc...

JC should be able to carry the whole team by throwing long bombs, telling the O line how to block and remote controlling his receivers to break their routes when he see fit.

I am with you about JC. I beleive he will pan ou. And my one and only real critique on him... and its not all that bad... is his tendency to hold the ball too long AT TIMES. Not all the time.

That being said, I think most of the JC critics will pipe down a bit if our O line can get it back together.

Hey.. at least this type of stuff keeps the boards interesting. I really enjoy the passion of our fansbase regarless of their point of view.

STOP BEING REASONABLE! We only do the extremes here. Either Campbell is the reason we lost the 4 games and Collins and Brennan would lead a football Renaissance or Campbell is completly witout fault and has redefined how to play QB.

WHERE DO YOU STAND?!?!?!??!ouTRaGe!>!>?!one!!?!

Not sure if anyone posted this because I'll admit I didn't read all 11 pages, but:

First 5 games:

TD - 6

INT - 0

Sacked - 8

Next 5 games:

TD - 3

INT - 3

Sacked - 18

Campbell showed what he can do when he has good protection. He will continue to show that when he has good protection. And someone's going to come back at this post with "Oh, so now he needs a great O-line to be able to produce? Shouldn't he be able to overcome that if he's so great!!??"

No. Every good quarterback has a good offensive line in front of him. Brady. Manning. Little Manning. Warner. Romo sits to pee. These guys have time to throw. We saw what happened to Brady in the Super Bowl. We saw what happened to Manning the beginning of this year. We saw what happened to Romo sits to pee when the Cardinals were getting pressure all game. Quarterbacks need time to find the open receiver. It's the way it is. Campbell has shown he can make the right reads and get the ball where it needs to be as long as he as time in the pocket.

Not sure if anyone posted this because I'll admit I didn't read all 11 pages, but:

First 5 games:

TD - 6

INT - 0

Sacked - 8

Next 5 games:

TD - 3

INT - 3

Sacked - 18

Campbell showed what he can do when he has good protection. He will continue to show that when he has good protection. And someone's going to come back at this post with "Oh, so now he needs a great O-line to be able to produce? Shouldn't he be able to overcome that if he's so great!!??"

No. Every good quarterback has a good offensive line in front of him. Brady. Manning. Little Manning. Warner. Romo sits to pee. These guys have time to throw. We saw what happened to Brady in the Super Bowl. We saw what happened to Manning the beginning of this year. We saw what happened to Romo sits to pee when the Cardinals were getting pressure all game. Quarterbacks need time to find the open receiver. It's the way it is. Campbell has shown he can make the right reads and get the ball where it needs to be as long as he as time in the pocket.

this man speaks the truth and provides concrete FACTS AND EVIDENCE to support his claims

This says it all. Close thread.

Regardless of who is in the game at QB, if you find yourself continually making excuses for the QB, odds are the QB doesn't have it.

I don't want to hear excuses about how many coordinators he has had either.

4 years into his NFL experience and Zorn has to teach him not to stare down his primary receiver. Zorn has to teach him how to look for his second or third option. Thats pathetic.

JC may someday be a good qb, maybe not. He hasn't shown anything special to me to make me want to give him top $$$$ on a new contract. That said, adequate QB's are hard to find. Trent Green, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels all started this year, and are all Redskins throwaways. Not that they are good or anything.

Actually this post says it all:

(Might I add, that since you agree that JC isn't locking on a receiver, that that isn't an issue anymore? Lots of people say it is, but you, a Campbell basher, agree with us Campbell supporters in saying that he does not have tunnel vision anymore. :applause: )

First 5 games:

TD - 6

INT - 0

Sacked - 8

Next 5 games:

TD - 3

INT - 3

Sacked - 18

No one ever said it was all up to one person, but the fact of the matter is that JC's not getting it done.

Look, either the JC apologist or the JC critics are gonna be proven wrong on this issue. For the record I really hope it's us JC critics, but I don't believe we will.

That right there sounds like a contradictory sentence.

All QB's at this level can hit there targets if given time DUH!

JC does not anticipate, he does not make throws before receivers come open, he does not put balls on the back shoulder so a receiver can make a play, he does not read defenses very well, he does not allow in a 1 on 1 matchup for his target to make a play, he does not process information quickly, if he did he would throw it away or take off and get what he could and not take many of these sacks.

JC does not anticipate, he does not make throws before receivers come open, he does not put balls on the back shoulder so a receiver can make a play, he does not read defenses very well, he does not allow in a 1 on 1 matchup for his target to make a play, he does not process information quickly, if he did he would throw it away or take off and get what he could and not take many of these sacks.

You are making claims that cannot be verified via facts, nor proven with evidence. In fact, most people that actually watch game film and commentate upon various players and teams tend to find the exact opposite of what you've said. Can you provide at least circumstantial evidence to back up your claim(s)?

Dude, do you watch the games?

Have you actually listened to a post game press conference?

The Jim Zorn Show?

Look it, i'm trying to help you get informed.

You should listen to some of the post game press conferences or watch the Jim Zorn show where coach Zorn breaks down the game.

Zorn actually praises JC for the exact things you claim JC can't do.

Look for a threads called the:icon6.gifThe Jim Zorn Show

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20825398&hl=en

Watch the Post Game Pressers @

http://www.redskins.com/gen/index.jsp

zornpresser02.jpg

9 TD passes is NOT fantastic with our running game. Tyler Thigpen who by all accounts is not going to Hawaii anytime soon has 10 and he started half the games JC did this year with a horrible oline and a defense that couldn't stop anyone if they had their OC's headset.

Tyler Thigpen is ranked 26th to JC's 11th.

He has a completion rate of 53.5 to JC's 64.5

He has a PR of 76.3 to JC's 90.3.

Kansas City W/L record is 1-9. BTW, the win came in week 3 when Thigpen wasn't qb.

Oh wait, My bad. He has one more touchdown than Jason in less time. Of course, he's the better quarterback. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me.

If you have not shown that you have "IT" by now, why oh why should we believe you ever will have "IT"?

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR JC.

:2cents:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:applause::applause::applause::applause::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Dude, do you watch the games?

Have you actually listened to a post game press conference?

The Jim Zorn Show?

Look it, i'm trying to help you get informed.

You should listen to some of the post game press conferences or watch the Jim Zorn show where coach Zorn breaks down the game.

Zorn actually praises JC for the exact things you claim JC can't do.

Look for a threads called the:icon6.gifThe Jim Zorn Show

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20825398&hl=en

Watch the Post Game Pressers @

http://www.redskins.com/gen/index.jsp

zornpresser02.jpg

Do I watch the games????????

That's what I do for a living....I have a degree in Sports Management-GM and Scouting.

I have access to game film so I study all 32 teams, my conclusions are drawn from what I see during game and on film, I don't care what Zorn says in his presser. Do you think he would come out and say the things I just pointed out in front of the media???? That would totally destroy what little confidence JC has at this point.

Do I watch the games????????

That's what I do for a living....I have a degree in Sports Management-GM and Scouting.

I have access to game film so I study all 32 teams, my conclusions are drawn from what I see during game and on film, I don't care what Zorn says in his presser. Do you think he would come out and say the things I just pointed out in front of the media???? That would totally destroy what little confidence JC has at this point.

Why is it that the vast majority of people who verifiably do this for a living disagree with you then? Not exactly saying you aren't who you claim to be, but all you give is your word when guys like Ron Jaworski, Brian Billick, John Madden (not to mention a very openly critical coach in Jim Zorn), etc. tend to make the opposite claims.

If JC needs a pro bowl oline, Randy Moss at wide receiver AND an all pro running back just to be adequate then he is not a very good QB. Name me an NFL starter who can't put up decent numbers under those circumstances.
And the worst part is he has a ProBowl RB and WR in Portis and Moss. JC has shown he can be an awesome QB, he's just not there yet.

Archived