Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom and Jerry

Switchgear

Youtube is a treasure trove of great cartoons.

My all time favorite Tom and Jerry, Solid Serenade (the "Is you is or is you ain't my baby" one).

Blue Cat Blues, I love the suicide ending. I never realized how dark some of these cartoons were. Jerry narrating this one and all the wordplay makes it another classic, to me.

Kitty Foiled The gun part in this cracks me up.

Texas Tom Tom smokes twice in this one. My wife laughs about how drinking, smoking and littering are things everyone does in older cartoons.

Post your favorites.

Yes! Tom and Jerry FTW

What's the name of the one where Tom inherits a millionaire's money, but he only gets it if he's nice to Jerry? That one never fails to crack me up.

That's Millionaire Cat, my wife and I were watching that one recently, she noted that it was one of the few where Jerry is the aggressor. Yes, I married a woman that loves cartoons, and every day I'm glad I did.

BigMike, we have a Tom & Jerry DVD set, it has a notice at the beginning that says something to the effect of "These cartoons are racist, but they are a product of their era and to alter them would be to deny history". I think they do have the "updated" Mamie voice, but otherwise they are unaltered.

PiLfan, I love the part in "Missing Mouse" where Jerry is hitting himself with a hammer, thinking he's going to scare Tom. The way they drew Tom during that part, he's so scornful... it never fails to make me laugh. Then later, when Tom realizes he has the REAL white mouse and he instantly turns into an old geezer. Classic.

Another great one I was watching with my son last night, The Flying Sorceress. The witch in that scared the crap out of me when I was little, but at 2 1/2 my son isn't scared by her at all.

I liked the one episode ever where Tom wins...I think Tom's identical cousin who is afraid of mice comes for a visit, and whenever Jerry gets bold because he thinks it's Tom thats afraid of him, Tom shows up and kicks his ass the way Jerry usually does.

I always root for Tom, the poor ****. I hate Jerry.

I can't watch the episodes from later on in the series when they started going cheap on the animation and adding in stupid sound effects. The ones from the 40's and early 50's are some of the greatest cartoons ever made however, I love Tom & Jerry.

Cat Concerto. Enough said.

yes, cat concerto is my favorite one (thats the one where jerry lives in the piano, right?) a very close second (cant think of the name of the episode) is where jerry and his cousin (the little grey mouse) freeze the kitchen floor and they skate around. i know im 36, but i still watch it every now and then.

My all time fav was the episode where Jerry's cowboy uncle keeps breaking his guitar string while singing "froggy went a courtin" Cacacacaca-crambow! (or something along those lines)

He keeps stealing Tom's whiskers for new strings.

classic

Awesome thread topic! Nice break from the same old same old.

Thanks!

That's Pecos Pest, and yeah, another favorite there. The singing parts are actually really good, the way he keeps doing asides and such.

"That's the hard part right there" "There's some yodeling in there somewhar"

The yelling that Tom does when he's hurt is some of the best sound work I've heard. aa-aaa-AH-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ho. Also the noise he makes when his neck gets wrung. It's in Solid Serenade (in the first post) if you don't know what I'm talking about.

It's a shame cartoons just aren't this good anymore. There was a thread a while back where Bang explained why cartoons aren't as good as they used to be. Tom and Jerry, and Looney Toons, that was a large part of my childhood there.

Another good one here, The Zoot Cat. My boy is watching it right now.

The musical themed ones are some of the best.

Cat Concerto

Johann Mouse. This is the one where they live in the house of Johann Strauss, when Strauss leaves Tom learns to play the piano (in about 30 seconds) so that Jerry will keep dancing.

Hollywood Bowl, not quite as good as the other two, but still pretty decent.

Oh, and the ice one:

Mice Follies

The comments on that are pretty funny.

"I mean come on. Jerry was straight hating on Tom. His game was too much for him to take, Jerry will never be that good. Tom's a straight pimp."

That's from Solid Serenade, the very first cartoon I linked to in the thread. The rest of the cartoon is awesome as well, but I can understand just wanting to see the song.

Archived