Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

During Free Agency, how much will Hall cost us and other things...?

SkinsAllDay34

You're not making sense, perhaps you should join a local debate club so that you could formulate a coherent argument? What does CP's TD total have to do with Jason Candle's endzone-phobia? Do you realize that at his present pace it will take him around 30 games to throw 20 TDs?

No your not making your ready to start CB because of CAMPBELL'S 9TD'S and if it does take CAMPBELL 30 games who cares as long as we are winning Here is a idea spell check works:read:

No your not making your ready to start CB cause CAMPBELL 9TD'S and if it CAMPBELL 30 games who cares as long as we are winning Here is a idea spell check works:read:

We're winning? Did you watch the MNF and Dallas games? We scored 16pts and ONE touchdown 2 home games. With that kind of firepower we should consider punting on 1st down and hoping for a pick 6 or fumble return TD.

We're winning? Did you watch the MNF and Dallas games? We scored 16pts and ONE touchdown 2 home games. With that kind of firepower we should consider punting on 1st down and hoping for a pick 6 or fumble return TD.

Ok if you have the address to redskin park go there tomorrow fill out an application for off. coordinator oh the spot is filled ;)

We need to start rebuilding the depth on both lines. This year we have to draft at least 2 lineman capable of starting very soon. The Hall pickup may work out well for us because it could keep us from drafting another corner in the next few years. We do need another young linebacker to step in for Washington next year. Blades will never be an every down LB. I like him, he is smart and flies around, just not suited to be a every down LB, but a valuable reserve. Kendall is actually the best OL we have right now. Samuels obviously is, but he is playing hurt. We should keep Kendall for another year or two and draft a OT high next year and hope Rinehart could step in for us at RG soon. Randy is not the same player he was, Jansen definitely isn't and Rabach seems to get overpowered every week. There is a reason we focus on the left side so much. Hopefully these young WR's dedicate themselves to getting better and help us next year, they have too as we cannot afford spending high draft picks there again so soon.

We need to start rebuilding the depth on both lines. This year we have to draft at least 2 lineman capable of starting very soon. The Hall pickup may work out well for us because it could keep us from drafting another corner in the next few years. We do need another young linebacker to step in for Washington next year. Blades will never be an every down LB. I like him, he is smart and flies around, just not suited to be a every down LB, but a valuable reserve. Kendall is actually the best OL we have right now. Samuels obviously is, but he is playing hurt. We should keep Kendall for another year or two and draft a OT high next year and hope Rinehart could step in for us at RG soon. Randy is not the same player he was, Jansen definitely isn't and Rabach seems to get overpowered every week. There is a reason we focus on the left side so much. Hopefully these young WR's dedicate themselves to getting better and help us next year, they have too as we cannot afford spending high draft picks there again so soon.

I think Blades has the chance to be the Antonio Pierce of this team except Blades was drafted. The lines on both sides definatly need addresed if Hall is cheap enough keep him. I wouldnt try for to much in FA though unless its a Gap stop for a season or to on any position.

I would love to get Haynesworth, but it is not going to happen. We absolutely do need a stud DT however. The priority though is the offensive line. Hall is no Springs by a longshot, but it does seem logical to conclude that if he plays well Hall could be signed to a long-term deal with Springs departing. I'm not sure how I feel about that personally. Springs is the more talented by a wide margin IMO. He is oft injured, but make no mistake, Springs will receive plenty of attention on the market.

I was just wondering, he had that 7 year 70 million dollar deal with Oakland and that was obviously too much. IF he plays well for us down the stretch, we should resign him and begin the Hall and Rogers duo at corner.

BUT how much do you think it will cost us?

Because there is Albert Haynesworth out there that could help our D line, but it depends how much Hall is gonna get, along with who we let go. I doubt we will have the money to get Hall and Haynesworth, but the redskins have always cleared cap room in the past.

Should we let Kendall go and allow Rhinehart to start next year at guard? Should we let either, Golston or Montgomery go and go after Haynesworth?

I really think we should try to trade springs for a draft pick, because he cant stay on the field.

Just want your thoughts on these things...

Albert Haynesworth would be an upgrade for ANY team, and I'd love to see him wearing burgundy and gold. But unfortunately, being the player at the top end of his position that he is, the money he'll doubtless command would be too much for us to sacrifice on one man.

As for the money DeAngelo Hall will cost over the long term?

For all the faults of the FO, and there have been MANY through the Snyder era, the one thing they are pretty darn good at is restructuring a bunch of contracts to not only get under the cap every year, but more often than not give us some space to play with, whilst retaining all we need to retain. We'll be fine there, that's one thing I DO have confidence in when it comes to Vinny and co.

Interesting question on Rhinehart. I guess you'd have to ask Buges as to how far along his development is. (Easy answer I know, but not having seen him since pre-season, who knows?). Hopefully, if we FINALY address the lines through the draft, the likes of Fabini won't be here next year. As to one of the current front 5? All relative to whom we draft, and what confidence we have in Heyer and Chad.

With you on Springs btw man, and I think the Hall signing will just hasten that.

Hail.

Springs should be gone and replaced by Hall. THe dead cap hit for releasing Springs is probably not much since it'd be his final season. Hall on the other hand should get one of our standard 5-6 year 30 million deals. He says he wants to stay in Washington, so hopefully he accepts that, similar to what Smoot took. We keep Hall, along with Rogers and Smoot, and whoever else, we should be solid for at least the 2009 season. I expect Matteral Richardson to earn a spot next season.

Next, we must re-sign Rogers and McIntosh, followed by Campbell. I was one to blame Campbell until this season. When given a little time, he shows he has what it takes.

Lots of big contracts looming, but I don't wanna go out of house for now. The reason for the Titans success is the limited amount of free agents they have. I'd rather keep Montgomery and Golston and maybe draft Griffin's replacement with our 1st rounder (or hopefully we can trade it down and still find someone).

As for Marcus, something will need to be done. He saves a good hcunk of money as well if released. He will more than likely restructure and that'd be great for both sides.

I hope negotiations begin early with Carlos, Rocky and Campbell. It sure would be nice to hae them set long before FA begins.

Picking up Hall on the cheap for the rest of the season not only assists our defensive backfield now, it allows the staff to evaluate whether they wish to resign him. We'll have the inside track on him "if" they are so inclined. He'll be big bucks but could solidify one need position without costing any draft picks. Springs will be gone.

The lines need to finally receive more recognition come draft day. Reality is we could use one of everything DE, DT, OT, OG & C. The age of our OL makes Rhinehart the one player I'd really like to see begin to get reps. I could see them using the first pick on an OT while using late picks and FA to address the interior OL. I'd imagine they'd want Kendall back but let him become a FA and hope to sign him to a one year deal if he doesn't get a deal with any one else.

Hall may give us a discount plus I don't think he'll be as sought after as he would've been last season. While Haynesworth is real attractive, he has Dana Stubblefield written all ove him andthat scares me. You can't play Rhinehart until they play him in the regular season, I try to get another season out of Kendall while maybe splitting time with Rhinehart

While Haynesworth is real attractive, he has Dana Stubblefield written all ove him and that scares me.

Come on man - that's insane...

Albert has been a force upon entering the league and is the best player on their line by a wide margin - and that's saying something because their line is stacked. Dana simply rode the shoulders of the incredible Bryant Young for most of his career and got paid handsomely by us for it.

anyone who think we even have a shot at Haynesworth might as well wrapped that Sh*t up and kiss it goodbye. we won't get him for 3 reasons... 1: Tennessee most likely will franchise him, 2: we don't have anything of value to trade for him and 3: he will cost entirely too much for us, i mean think about it..... he maybe a top 5 defensive play and arguably the top DT in the game. you know how much they make? look it up and get back to me. i will be the first here to guarantee that the Washington Redskins will not be signing Haynesworth.

on the other hand, i think hall will resign here for 3 reasons: the main reason is because his family is here and he doesn't wanna move them around. secondly he already expressed extreme interest in getting a deal done before seasons end and he said that Vinny was working with him on that and promised not to franchise tag him. last but not least, seeing as though we are hurting in our secondary (literally) corner probably will be our first or second priority here. is there any better way to fill the void other than Hall? he will probably be cheaper than most on the market and he will have already put in 8 games for us to judge. im guessing they give him a 5 year deal worth between 25 - 35 million he's worth it. that's basically what we gave Springs or a little less.

Hall's price will be decided over the next 6 games, for everyone. We will have the inside track if we sign him before free-agency starts, but if he hits FA he's up for grabs. If Hall plays well over the next 3-4 games, negotiations should begin.

As far as the draft, I would think RT would be the 1st need. Jansen needs to be replaced, and Heyer must not be the answer. We could use a stud RT to anchor the right side of the line.

I would dump SS and sign Hall for less than Springs was going to get

Exactly. Everyone knows Shawn Springs won't be back, so instead of springs we get a 24 year old DeAngelo Hall who doesn't stay injuried. Sounds good to me. I also think If we go after Albert Hanyesworth money will not be an issue. In this case I think we will release C. Grifffin and keep Monte and Golston.

I'm from Tennessee and the truth is Haynesworth has only been great this year, and most here think its because its a contract year. His BIG problem has been quiting for whole games and "faking injuries to not only practice but not play as well. Haynesworth is a quiter when things are not going well and he would quit now if not for it being a contract year. Haynesworth was shocked last year when Tennessee would not sign him to a big long contract. Local radio said it was because he was lazy and often hurt or even pretending to be hurt in some trainers minds.

Take it for what its worth. If he wants to play he's really good, getting him motivated is not so easy. He is looking for a big long term contract with lots of guaranteed money and when he gets it he will quit. Thats why the Titans did not sign him this year, they told Haynesworth as much too. Mark my words, Haynesworth will break the bank and sink some team into mediocrity for years to come.

I'm from Tennessee and the truth is Haynesworth has only been great this year, and most here think its because its a contract year. His BIG problem has been quiting for whole games and "faking injuries to not only practice but not play as well. Haynesworth is a quiter when things are not going well and he would quit now if not for it being a contract year. Haynesworth was shocked last year when Tennessee would not sign him to a big long contract. Local radio said it was because he was lazy and often hurt or even pretending to be hurt in some trainers minds.

Take it for what its worth. If he wants to play he's really good, getting him motivated is not so easy. He is looking for a big long term contract with lots of guaranteed money and when he gets it he will quit. Thats why the Titans did not sign him this year, they told Haynesworth as much too. Mark my words, Haynesworth will break the bank and sink some team into mediocrity for years to come.

Thats why we should stay away from him, we've been through this with Dana Bubblefield and Fat Daddy Wilkerson.

Haynesworth is going to cost a fortune, I wouldn't give it to him. He can't be franchised again and he'll hit a serious payday.

Our defense isn't bad, we are holding teams to reasonable numbers every week, if not better. All we need to do is consistently score 24-28 points a game and we'd probably go 14-2.

If Hall plays well, I'd like to sign him, I think he'd be cheaper than his previous contract.

I'm looking to offload Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, Jon Jansen (depending on his cap hit because of that extension), I've also never been too much of a Jason Taylor fan. Erasmus James also has a $1 million cap hit next year, not worth it.

I'd re-sign Campbell, Golston, Montgomery, maybe Kendall if it can be a short contract.

Draft a SLB and both lines.

Yeah I have visions of Stubbifield part two when it comes to this guy.

I thought this is the final year in Springs contract which is probably why he is picking games for his return that won't make him look bad when wooing potential suitors for his new 2009 contract.

Right now I am praying that Julius Peppers has to sign a Franchise contract for one year so we can honor the final year of Taylor's contract.

Archived