Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

During Free Agency, how much will Hall cost us and other things...?

SkinsAllDay34

I was just wondering, he had that 7 year 70 million dollar deal with Oakland and that was obviously too much. IF he plays well for us down the stretch, we should resign him and begin the Hall and Rogers duo at corner.

BUT how much do you think it will cost us?

Because there is Albert Haynesworth out there that could help our D line, but it depends how much Hall is gonna get, along with who we let go. I doubt we will have the money to get Hall and Haynesworth, but the redskins have always cleared cap room in the past.

Should we let Kendall go and allow Rhinehart to start next year at guard? Should we let either, Golston or Montgomery go and go after Haynesworth?

I really think we should try to trade springs for a draft pick, because he cant stay on the field.

Just want your thoughts on these things...

Our defense isn't the problem, there's no need to break the bank on Haynesworth. This is his contract year and there's no guarantee that he won't pull a Bubblefield after taking Danny's ca$h. What we need is a starting center and a guard which can easily be had via FA and draft. If Hall plays well we resign him and still have a good secondary then draft a DT and LB.

The bottom line is this. I badly want Haynesworth, but with extensions for Rogers, McIntosh, and Campbell coming up and with us having to resign Hall, we unfortunately cannot afford that man. I think Tank Johnson would be a good pickup in FA. Yes, he has had off-the-field issues in the past, but he has not been a distraction in the locker room before, he will be cheap, and he has not caused mischief in Big D. Tank simply does not fit Big D's scheme as a NT and would return to being a beast in a 4-3 defense like the one we run, especially if Monty or Golston is the guy getting double-teamed as the nose tackle.

The other major FA signing I want is Angelo Crowell, because he will be cheap (has been on IR for the whole season due to some minor surgery --> mismanagement by the Bills...look up the story), he knows the scheme (he has played under GDub and Gray before), and he is rock solid at SLB. The one weakness he has is that he does not get a lot of sacks or forced fumbles, but he is a local guy from UVA who gets the job done.

On Hall, in regard to signing bonus, I would offer him a 15 mil SB.

The bottom line is this. I badly want Haynesworth, but with extensions for Rogers, McIntosh, and Campbell coming up and with us having to resign Hall, we unfortunately cannot afford that man. I think Tank Johnson would be a good pickup in FA. Yes, he has had off-the-field issues in the past, but he has not been a distraction in the locker room before, he will be cheap, and he has not caused mischief in Big D. Tank simply does not fit Big D's scheme as a NT and would return to being a beast in a 4-3 defense like the one we run, especially if Monty or Golston is the guy getting double-teamed as the nose tackle.

The other major FA signing I want is Angelo Crowell, because he will be cheap (has been on IR for the whole season due to some minor surgery --> mismanagement by the Bills...look up the story), he knows the scheme (he has played under GDub and Gray before), and he is rock solid at SLB. The one weakness he has is that he does not get a lot of sacks or forced fumbles, but he is a local guy from UVA who gets the job done.

On Hall, in regard to signing bonus, I would offer him a 15 mil SB.

Tank Johnson sucks, he's practically stealing Jerruh's $$$ he did nothing this season. Also nobody is gonna give Hall 15m SB he's an average starting CB.

Frist we need to start with JC and a new contract with him, also look at Pete Kendall and Jansen do they have one or two more years in them i think Springs and Washington are done as Skins. And for Hall give him a shorter leash 5 years and 25M with 3 or 4 being the bonus but im a fan what do i know lol

Frist we need to start with JC and a new contract with him, also look at Pete Kendall and Jansen do they have one or two more years in them i think Springs and Washington are done as Skins. And for Hall give him a shorter leash 5 years and 25M with 3 or 4 being the bonus but im a fan what do i know lol

Who in their right would give JC a new contract? He's not gonna start for us next year and I can't think of any decent team that he would start for outside of Lions, Raiders and Chiefs who have combined for I believe 3 or 4 wins this year.

Even coming off a bad year (Oakland) I'd say he'd still will want too much. Even if he agreed to 4 to 5 mil a year (which I doubt) thats still alot of mula. Have to wait and see how he plays these last 6 games, How depressing hearing LAST 6 games left.

I was just wondering, he had that 7 year 70 million dollar deal with Oakland and that was obviously too much. IF he plays well for us down the stretch, we should resign him and begin the Hall and Rogers duo at corner.

BUT how much do you think it will cost us?

Because there is Albert Haynesworth out there that could help our D line, but it depends how much Hall is gonna get, along with who we let go. I doubt we will have the money to get Hall and Haynesworth, but the redskins have always cleared cap room in the past.

Should we let Kendall go and allow Rhinehart to start next year at guard? Should we let either, Golston or Montgomery go and go after Haynesworth?

I really think we should try to trade springs for a draft pick, because he cant stay on the field.

Just want your thoughts on these things...

I truly think they will release Springs if he refuses a major pay cut, and to your other question there's know way anybody would give us a draft pick and pay his contract for that exact reason you mentioned INJURY PRONE all the time. Marcus will be gone also. Just my opinon.

I think Kendall still has more in the tank Does not mean you couldn't rotate him out with Rhienhart. I'm Hoping Kerry Brown comes back from his injury another offensive guard we have on IR, He's 6'5, 310lbs a big boy with a mean streak and constant motor out of ALP state.

Who in their right would give JC a new contract? He's not gonna start for us next year and I can't think of any decent team that he would start for outside of Lions, Raiders and Chiefs who have combined for I believe 3 or 4 wins this year.

:doh: WOW, a Campbell hater, might want to check that, he cant be an average QB with the O Line we have at the moment. He is gonna get a new contract whether you like it or not.

Haynesworth is a true stud but no way we should be involved in the bidding war. Hopefully, he gets franchised in Tenn again and we take him away in the noncapped year, if it happens.

Hall should cost about 3 -5 million per year. Everybody is a little scared of him right now so he won't break the bank.

The peope who are in their right mind.

Seeing your next sentence proves you arent in that group.

If you think that we're gonna extend him you're sadly mistaken my friend, not even Vinny the clown is THAT stupid.

LOL, who do you think is gonna be the QB, Colt...like someone said earlier, stop drinking that Colt Kool aid.

Also you are gonna be disappointed because we are eventually resign him.

9 TDs 3 INTs

With a bad O Line at the moment. When his O line was playing half decent giving him time he had 8 TDs and ZERO INTs.

HTTR

LOL, who do you think is gonna be the QB, Colt...like someone said earlier, stop drinking that Colt Kool aid.

Also you are gonna be disappointed because we are eventually resign him.

9 TDs 3 INTs

With a bad O Line at the moment. When his O line was playing half decent giving him time he had 8 TDs and ZERO INTs.

HTTR

Wow 9TDs!! Incredible!!! Tyler Thigpen has 10 in 5 games with 5 INTs on a team that completely blows. Maybe we should sign him instead? :silly:

yeah CP has 7 TD's and are you ready too cut him too......

You're not making sense, perhaps you should join a local debate club so that you could formulate a coherent argument? What does CP's TD total have to do with Jason Candle's endzone-phobia? Do you realize that at his present pace it will take him around 30 games to throw 20 TDs?

Archived