Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

During Free Agency, how much will Hall cost us and other things...?

SkinsAllDay34

Should we let Kendall go and allow Rhinehart to start next year at guard?

I'm late to this thread but Rhinehart is listed on the roster as a Tackle...either way OL must be addresed in the offseason.

BTW, Kendall is playing at a high level IMO. It's the RT spot and Center where we are getting eaten up by pass rushers. The issue with Kendall though is how much longer he can do this.

Ok, I'd say get rid of Springs if he isn't trying to restructure his contract SUBSTANTIALLY, preferrably trade him for a draft pick but I don't think teams gonna want him like that..give Hall a deal (cheaper than Oakland) if he plays well by season end..cut down Erasmus James contract - too much money for someone who isn't even activated half the time..we may just have to part ways with Marcus Washington and pick up another ILB

No way are we going to get Haynesworth, sounds good but he is too much in demand and we can't pay him plus I don't see Tenn parting ways with him..now if Tank is in the market i'd say go after him..i wanted the Skins to pick him up when he was available b4 the cowboys snatched him up..and we run a 4-3?? yea he should excel in this system...for the draft I wanted one of those top corners but with DHall here thats no longer a priority to me now its primarily jus working on that OL/DL and then get the next best thing in later rounds

I would love to get Haynesworth, but it is not going to happen. We absolutely do need a stud DT however. The priority though is the offensive line. Hall is no Springs by a longshot, but it does seem logical to conclude that if he plays well Hall could be signed to a long-term deal with Springs departing. I'm not sure how I feel about that personally. Springs is the more talented by a wide margin IMO. He is oft injured, but make no mistake, Springs will receive plenty of attention on the market.

Springs is our best CB when he is healthy. But we have proven that we can beat Dallas and Philly without him. If he wants to stay here in a rotational role and sign for an "appropriate, veteran contract extension" ... then I welcome him back. I don't see that happening though.

He may go somewhere else, and he may get a decent signing bonus (more than we would offer), but he will not play a full season, he will miss at least 4 games, you can bank on that.

He's not really sold into being a part of "this team" ... he's proven that he is looking out for himself. I can't blame him and don't blame him, considering the past organizational efforts to trade him and reduce his salary. He has played well for us, but he surely seems to be looking to play for a team that "wants to pay him" ... what he thinks he's worth. We know what he is worth in this defense, and we also know that he will not play a full season. I see no reason to give a player money who's oft injured calves and hammy's dictate when he plays. I get the impression that he doesn't play unless he feels 100% healthy, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

The bottom line is that he is NOT on the field enough, and having depth on paper does us no good anymore.

OL and DL is the way to go in the draft and FA. Fletcher, Rocky and Blades are adequate at LB, and the secondary is pretty solid with Rogers, Smoot and DHall.

I think we are even ok on the ends, everything works hand in hand so there are plenty of concerns all around, but you plug the middle with at least one huge DT who can blow up two OL'man, and you seal the middle of the field from the opposing RB's and allow the DE's to get to the QB, or make the tackle. But I wont go any further into that specific topic.

if I had my pick it would be OL/DL, OL/DL, LB, RB ... hell, take a shot on more than one of these positions and hopefully one will work out. These are my thoughts of the areas we need to build depth at.

Come on man - that's insane...

Albert has been a force upon entering the league and is the best player on their line by a wide margin - and that's saying something because their line is stacked. Dana simply rode the shoulders of the incredible Bryant Young for most of his career and got paid handsomely by us for it.

* 3x Pro Bowl selection (1994, 1995, 1997)

* 4x All-Pro selection (1994, 1995, 1996, 1997)

* 1993 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

* 1997 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

Yeah those are the stats and awards for someone riding someone else's talent..... what a joke.

He was bust because he got paid. Haynesworth has not shown himself to be a stand up guy. Haynesworth is great but he has not done as much as you are giving him credit for....

* All-Pro selection (2007)

* Pro Bowl selection (2007)

Shawn Springs needs to go. His I am all good working out by myself in AZ is not cutting it anymore, not that it ever did.

He cannot stay health and he will not play hurt. This makes him a liability..... That sucking sound you hear is not his play on the field but the cap space going to his contract. He will be cut.......

* 3x Pro Bowl selection (1994, 1995, 1997)

* 4x All-Pro selection (1994, 1995, 1996, 1997)

* 1993 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

* 1997 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

Yeah those are the stats and awards for someone riding someone else's talent..... what a joke.

He was bust because he got paid. Haynesworth has not shown himself to be a stand up guy. Haynesworth is great but he has not done as much as you are giving him credit for....

* All-Pro selection (2007)

* Pro Bowl selection (2007)

Hey, I would wager that more folks would agree than not that his level of play did not warrant the press clippings. :2cents:

Springs is our best CB when he is healthy. But we have proven that we can beat Dallas and Philly without him. If he wants to stay here in a rotational role and sign for an "appropriate, veteran contract extension" ... then I welcome him back. I don't see that happening though.

He may go somewhere else, and he may get a decent signing bonus (more than we would offer), but he will not play a full season, he will miss at least 4 games, you can bank on that.

He's not really sold into being a part of "this team" ... he's proven that he is looking out for himself. I can't blame him and don't blame him, considering the past organizational efforts to trade him and reduce his salary. He has played well for us, but he surely seems to be looking to play for a team that "wants to pay him" ... what he thinks he's worth. We know what he is worth in this defense, and we also know that he will not play a full season. I see no reason to give a player money who's oft injured calves and hammy's dictate when he plays. I get the impression that he doesn't play unless he feels 100% healthy, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

The bottom line is that he is NOT on the field enough, and having depth on paper does us no good anymore.

OL and DL is the way to go in the draft and FA. Fletcher, Rocky and Blades are adequate at LB, and the secondary is pretty solid with Rogers, Smoot and DHall.

I think we are even ok on the ends, everything works hand in hand so there are plenty of concerns all around, but you plug the middle with at least one huge DT who can blow up two OL'man, and you seal the middle of the field from the opposing RB's and allow the DE's to get to the QB, or make the tackle. But I wont go any further into that specific topic.

if I had my pick it would be OL/DL, OL/DL, LB, RB ... hell, take a shot on more than one of these positions and hopefully one will work out. These are my thoughts of the areas we need to build depth at.

Good thoughts DE...

Hall will get offered more than 5M/yr -

Good Nickle corners are getting 4-5M+ per year, and whether we like it or not. Hall is a starting caliber corner. Anyone who says otherwise is drinking the "He Sucks" coolaide coming from the Al Davis looney bin, or hasn't seen the bottom half of the leagues defenses play.

I think we might be able to keep him for a ~7M/yr offer, which could have a decent SB and keep his cap numbers in the 3-5M/yr range for the first 2 years of a 5 year deal. This would mean that we would actually save ~3M next year by cutting Springs and signing Hall to the deal above. HOWEVER, toward the back end of the deal, he would be counting 8-10M/yr against the cap. I would be OK with this, because top FA CBs were getting 10M/yr over the past 2 years. In 4-5 years, I'm guessing this will be more like 12-14M/yr, so it will still be below the market value for a FA CB....

Hey, I would wager that more folks would agree than not that his level of play did not warrant the press clippings. :2cents:

People here soured on him as they should have but there is no way the entire NFL got it wrong 4 years in a row......Albert will be the same way. He will get paid and then sit on his big fat ass and go back to stomping on people's unprotected head.

At least Stubblefield was a professional on and off the field.

Hall will get offered more than 5M/yr -

Good Nickle corners are getting 4-5M+ per year, and whether we like it or not. Hall is a starting caliber corner. Anyone who says otherwise is drinking the "He Sucks" coolaide coming from the Al Davis looney bin, or hasn't seen the bottom half of the leagues defenses play.

I think we might be able to keep him for a ~7M/yr offer, which could have a decent SB and keep his cap numbers in the 3-5M/yr range for the first 2 years of a 5 year deal. This would mean that we would actually save ~3M next year by cutting Springs and signing Hall to the deal above. HOWEVER, toward the back end of the deal, he would be counting 8-10M/yr against the cap. I would be OK with this, because top FA CBs were getting 10M/yr over the past 2 years. In 4-5 years, I'm guessing this will be more like 12-14M/yr, so it will still be below the market value for a FA CB....

i see hall taking a pay cut to stay with the redskins and close to home... i see about 7 mil a year

i see hall taking a pay cut to stay with the redskins and close to home... i see about 7 mil a year

I agree with that as long as we make the playoffs and he sees us as a winner. He wants to get back to winning like he did at VT. He has played for money and look what it has gotten him. Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

He will be back.

Hall won't cost us as much as everyone thinks he will and Haynesworth won't leave the Titans especially if they win the Super Bowl. The Titans are going to pay this man so he won't jump but who knows. We need to get rid of some of our dead weight, under performing, always hurt players like Springs, Washington, and Jansen. All of these players have helped this team win when healthy but that is only 4 or 5 games a year the last 2 or 3 years. We need to draft at LB, CB, OL, DL, and RB. The reason I say RB is because Portis is going to start to breakdown in a couple of years especially if he keeps getting punished as much as he has been because lack of performance from his backup, Betts, Cartwright and now Alexander. We need to develop another back that will perfom like Portis. He is the lone constant in the Offense this year and wasn't used as much in this last Dallas game. He may have been hurt but unsure if that was it or it was Zorn's poor play calling. The other ones I mentioned are to add depth and try to find those late round gems like Horton.

Come on man - that's insane...

Albert has been a force upon entering the league and is the best player on their line by a wide margin - and that's saying something because their line is stacked. Dana simply rode the shoulders of the incredible Bryant Young for most of his career and got paid handsomely by us for it.

Hmm Contract year,has a history of questionable character and spiking a cowpoke in the face isn't the only thing.

Yeah I would like to have contract year Hayneworth on the 2009 skins D line followed by Julius Peppers but even Maddenites know it aint gonna happen

Hall won't cost us as much as everyone thinks he will and Haynesworth won't leave the Titans especially if they win the Super Bowl. The Titans are going to pay this man so he won't jump but who knows. We need to get rid of some of our dead weight, under performing, always hurt players like Springs, Washington, and Jansen. All of these players have helped this team win when healthy but that is only 4 or 5 games a year the last 2 or 3 years. We need to draft at LB, CB, OL, DL, and RB. The reason I say RB is because Portis is going to start to breakdown in a couple of years especially if he keeps getting punished as much as he has been because lack of performance from his backup, Betts, Cartwright and now Alexander. We need to develop another back that will perfom like Portis. He is the lone constant in the Offense this year and wasn't used as much in this last Dallas game. He may have been hurt but unsure if that was it or it was Zorn's poor play calling. The other ones I mentioned are to add depth and try to find those late round gems like Horton.

Hall won't cost more than the salary we are paying Springs

build this team through the draft! I think we've made great free agency moves. We got both jason taylor and d. hall for a steal i think. JTaylor hasn't proved his worth yet but, im sure these next 5 games he'll prove his pro bowl status. D. Hall will be a force as soon as we depart w/o Shawn Springs next season. I think we should be good if we pick up quality players through the draft.

We need to DRAFT talent, not pick up Hayneworth. he'd be a bust here, just like JT has been so far. Although he has been hurt so I give him a break. kinda.

Yeah right, no way we dont take a look at Haynesworth. Itz hard as hell to draft a really good DT. And even though I definitely agree with drafting talent, you also have to acquire proven talent from time to time.

Hmm Contract year,has a history of questionable character and spiking a cowpoke in the face isn't the only thing.

Yeah I would like to have contract year Hayneworth on the 2009 skins D line followed by Julius Peppers but even Maddenites know it aint gonna happen

And I understand that and said as much - Albert is not going anywhere. I do question the comparison of Stubblefield and Albert. IMO, there is no comparison to be made. I think a 6'6" 300 plus lb DT with a nasty disposition, capable of collapsing pockets and wreaking havoc in the backfield is exactly what this line needs - just like D. Gardener did for us some years ago.

And I understand that and said as much - Albert is not going anywhere. I do question the comparison of Stubblefield and Albert. IMO, there is no comparison to be made. I think a 6'6" 300 plus lb DT with a nasty disposition, capable of collapsing pockets and wreaking havoc in the backfield is exactly what this line needs - just like D. Gardener did for us some years ago.

He is going to get his pay day and then all bets are off......

Listening to interviews on the OS, we clearly loved Hall in the offseason. I say he's gonna sign & get 5/6 yrs for 30-35m. Assuming a s/b of 8-10m its about 3m to the cap in 2009

I say, do the deal then give Carlos the same one ( or similar ). Both deals hit the cap for about 6m. If we cut Springs, the cap saving on his 09 salary is also 6m. Net impact NIL.

I like Springs, best DB when fit but we gotta look at whats best long term. This might be academic is Springs takes a pay cut to stay and cover both CB & FS roles but I can't see it.....

Archived