Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas - questionable performance?

chaught76

Hey gang:

What did you all think of Devin Thomas's performance last night?

Me personally, I found it lacking. Not from a "he didn't get enough passes" angle, but from an effort point of view. He didn't seem like he really cared if he was in there, short arming catches, not being physical during and after the catch.

Now maybe the guy was sick or something. I don't know. But if that is how our first 08 draft pick is going to approach things, then I rather have Malcolm Kelly or James Thrash starting in his place. Just throwing it out there.

What did you all think about his game?

Actually, this is the first year that I've been universally disappointed in Randle. In previous years, he seemed all effort even if his numbers weren't great. This year, he seems invisible in the passing and return games. I'm not sure why. Maybe the West Coast is really a bad fit for him.

DT dropped that critical third down pass.

He has gone from "man i want to see what that kid can do" to "that kid better do something to earn playing time". In my doghouse for sure.

CATCH THAT THIRD DOWN BALL DEVIN.

People have to realize that sometimes it takes a few years (not just one) for WR's to make an impact in this league. There are far fewer immediate impact WR's then the ones that take a few years to develop. Want an example, everyone said Roddy White was a bust in Atlanta after his first two years in the league...now he is league leader. You have to give these guys some time before you start kicking them to the curb

I can handle dropping passes. That happens to everyone.

I'm concerned about the confusion regarding he should be on the field (the 12 men in the huddle penalty) and the illegal formation penalty. Those seem to be "not knowing your job" type penalties.

Or...I am overreacting.

Well, I don't know if the confusion had to do with Thomas or with the playcall. The illegal formation penalty was on him, tho.

It was a mixed bag, but that was true of the team's performance in general. At least he got a few passes last night.

I'm concerned about the confusion regarding he should be on the field (the 12 men in the huddle penalty) and the illegal formation penalty. Those seem to be "not knowing your job" type penalties.

Or...I am overreacting.

The dropped pass concerns me because he short-armed the catch. He acted like he was more worried about being hit than catching the ball OR that JC should have thrown him a perfect pass, so he shouldn't have to make some effort.

Either way, the effort wasn't there in my opinion.

Or...I am overreacting.

I don't think you're overreacting at all. That should be basic stuff to someone who's had the playbook for 12 weeks.

Or...I am overreacting.

No I actually agree with you here...Devin is playing very hard, the dropped pass I can live with, but not lining up properly negating a 10+ yd gain, and not knowing what formation groups he's in is inexcusable...

Malcolm Kelly needs to be active for Seattle and we need to play him...

he is a waste of oxygen out there, he lines up wrong, drops passes, gets PI left and right, he is worthless and terrible

"questionable proformance"

his name and the word proformance in the same sentence is an insult to proformances everywhere

Is this some kind of joke I'm not getting?

The dropped pass wasn't a gimme. But he definitely had a good chance at it.

3 catches. More than I expected, including a 1st down conversion on 3rd down.

He was in on a couple of special teams tackles.

More confusion over where to be got us a couple of silly penalties.

If he can eliminate the penalties and get a few routes down pat he will be fine. Until then we're going to have to take the bad with the good.

People have to realize that sometimes it takes a few years (not just one) for WR's to make an impact in this league. There are far fewer immediate impact WR's then the ones that take a few years to develop. Want an example, everyone said Roddy White was a bust in Atlanta after his first two years in the league...now he is league leader. You have to give these guys some time before you start kicking them to the curb

QFT. Somebody said in a post a few weeks ago that Roddy White "came out of nowhere" or words to that effect.

In most cases, WRs take time to develop and that's just the way it is. Thomas, Kelly and Davis likely won't start to pay any significant dividends for another season, perhaps longer. Besides, of the three, IF he can stay healthy, Kelly appears to be the one most likely to play well early.

Well maybe there was a reason he dropped to us in the second round....

He was slated as the top receiver and a sure bet to go first round. We did not even look at him. Kelly is another story. He was scrutinized highly by out FO, and we drafted him (knee problems and all). We need to see what he's going to bring to this offense, and move DT to the slot. ARE is USELESS in the slot.

Archived