Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins vs. Dallas - Playoff Implications

slaga

"If anything, this is a must-win for the Redskins. A loss could cripple their playoff chances.”

“Even if they (Cowboys) lose Sunday, they still have a chance to win five of their last six and maybe get to 10 wins.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3699913

Even though all of Washington’s divisional games are at home and Washington has an easier schedule than Dallas for the rest of the season. I guess it is easier for Dallas to win 5 of their last 6 than it is for Washington to win 4 of their last 6 in order to get to the 10 win season. Does anyone disagree with Clayton besides me?

Now that Tony Homo is back, the Cowboys are back to their old ways huh? Super Bowl bound for sure. No matter that they were 1-2 before he got injured as well, and like EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD has already said many times, their problems go far beyond pinky boy and his butt buddy, loud mouth wide receiver. I totally agree with you.

"If anything, this is a must-win for the Redskins. A loss could cripple their playoff chances.”

“Even if they (Cowboys) lose Sunday, they still have a chance to win five of their last six and maybe get to 10 wins.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3699913

Even though all of Washington’s divisional games are at home and Washington has an easier schedule than Dallas for the rest of the season. I guess it is easier for Dallas to win 5 of their last 6 than it is for Washington to win 4 of their last 6 in order to get to the 10 win season. Does anyone disagree with Clayton besides me?

With the Panthers, Cards, Giants and Bears leading the division it'll be a fight between the Skins, Cowboys, Falcons, Bucs, and maybe the Vikings for just two playoff spots. The Cowboys can't afford to lose another game. (They still have to play the Giants, Eagles on the road, Baltimore, and the Steelers on the Road) If we win Sunday night that's pretty much the end of their season.

our toughest games are at home with the exception of the Ravens and that's almost like a home game.

did anybody see the pack-vikes game last week? Aikman made a very interresting coment.

"If you are not able to defend your home turf against division rivals, then you can't look forward to playing in the playoffs"

This is so true! So to me this is a MUST-WIN game whatsoever!! I don't care if portis plays or not (good teams find a way to win regardless)

HAIL

With the Panthers, Cards, Giants and Bears leading the division it'll be a fight between the Skins, Cowboys, Falcons, Bucs, and maybe the Vikings for just two playoff spots. The Cowboys can't afford to lose another game. (They still have to play the Giants, Eagles on the road, Baltimore, and the Steelers on the Road) If we win Sunday night that's pretty much the end of their season.

our toughest games are at home with the exception of the Ravens and that's almost like a home game.

Agreed. If we win Sunday, Dallas is DONE!!!!!

I said this in a previous post, we have to win this game. With the Giants at the top of the east and arguably the best team in football right now we have to establish ourselves as the next dominate team in the east. In years past a 10-6 record from the east would almost guarantee a wild card spot but now there are so many teams in play we almost have to win out from here. Just my :2cents::2cents:

I said this in a previous post, we have to win this game. With the Giants at the top of the east and arguably the best team in football right now we have to establish ourselves as the next dominate team in the east. In years past a 10-6 record from the east would almost guarantee a wild card spot but now there are so many teams in play we almost have to win out from here. Just my :2cents::2cents:
I agree with everything you say except for the part where in years past 10-6 would almost guarantee a playoff spot. We've been screwed out of a spot with a 10-6 record probably ...umm... I'll say three-four times without checking, since early 80s.

We need 11-5, and even that might not do it.

:dallasuck

I agree with everything you say except for the part where in years past 10-6 would almost guarantee a playoff spot. We've been screwed out of a spot with a 10-6 record probably ...umm... I'll say three-four times without checking, since early 80s.

We need 11-5, and even that might not do it.

:dallasuck

True on that, I was going on the last 4 years or so.

Washington is in pretty good shape with tiebreakers right now. I think Dallas will still be trailing the Skins by virtue of tiebreakers (common opponents) even if Dallas wins Sunday night.

If anything makes the situation dire for Washington, it's the fact that Portis might be on the shelf or at best playing hurt for the next several weeks. After a bit of a break with Seattle, Washington faces the Giants and Baltimore over the next four weeks. Without Portis, going 1-3 over the next 4 games is a real possibility, though not necessarily a lock. Getting Betts back to 100% will improve the Skins' chances for sure.

If Dallas manages to win Sunday night, thay can realistically get to 8-4, though their final four games are as tough as anyone's. The key game for Dallas will likely be @Philly to end the season, which might decide the final wildcard spot, but will definitely impact tiebreakers.

The last 4 weeks have seen the SKINS bandwagon got light fast... Guess when you lose to the rams, squeak by the browns and lions and get smoked by the steelers they can do what they want. I for one think this team is going to make the playoffs and finish with a strong second half. We win 2 of the 3 divisional games at home which in my book would lock up a playoff spot given the rest of our schedule.

And no the girls dont win 5 of 6 to get in. First sign of turmoil and they will buckle. They're best game will be Sunday night, and IT WONT BE ENOUGH! HTTR!

Archived