Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

skinsfan834

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/02/AR2008110200867_2.html?sid=ST2008110301328&s_pos=

I'm sure some of you have heard about this who live in the Montgomery County area. Horrible thing happened to a friend of mine. I'd hardly say we were great friends, because I just started talking and hanging out with him this year. Still it hurts. He was killed unprovoked for no reason, and was taken from life way to early. I don't understand what inspires some person to randomly unload a clip on to a bus of school students, really sad what some of this world has come to. We were friends and hurts when someone is taken away for what seems to be no reason.

R.I.P Tai Lam.

I'm so sorry this happened to your friend. You and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't judge and I do believe in forgiveness of sins, but usually someone this messed up never repents. In that case, they deserve to burn in the hottest part of hell! Completely horrible and senseless action.

Police made an arrest in this case. The suspect is an MS-13 gang member:

Man, 20, Charged In Bus Shooting

By Daniel de Vise and Aaron C. Davis

Washington Post Staff Writers

Montgomery County police said yesterday that they had arrested a 20-year-old Takoma Park man, who is allegedly affiliated with a Latino gang, in the fatal shooting of a 14-year-old honor student on a crowded bus in Silver Spring on Nov. 1.

Police said the alleged shooter, Hector M. Hernandez, was arrested Friday afternoon at a fast food restaurant in Langley Park, in neighboring Prince George's County. Lt. Paul Starks, a Montgomery police spokesman, said Hernandez is an illegal immigrant from El Salvador.

Hernandez was being held at the Montgomery County Detention Center on a first-degree murder charge.

Starks said the investigation could prompt as many as four additional arrests. "There were other people there at the time of the event," he said. "Whether they will be prosecuted or not remains to be seen."

Police said that Hernandez was affiliated with Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, an international gang with a strong presence in the Washington area. Some members are immigrants from El Salvador and other countries in Central America.

The killing is the first in the Maryland suburbs that police have publicly linked to an affiliate of MS-13 in more than a year, although police say gang members have been suspected in other slayings.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/08/AR2008110802432.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Archived