Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which (ex) Raiders CB should we sign: Nnamdi Asomugha or Deangelo Hall?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

And where would we of been if Coach Gibbs had this attitude toward #21?

The problem's Hall had in Atlanta were in his last year, when the darn COACH quit on the team, and they had the whole Michael Vick situation over shadowing them. As far as Oakland..... it's the RAIDERS under DAVIS, no more needs saying. Oh, and in BOTH cases, his team mates STILL speak of him in glowing terms. Some "locker room cancer" huh? :doh:

And before anyone takes the start of this post out of context and jumps, I'm in NO way comparing Hall to Sean. Just pointing out that, given the right environment to be in, which he sure would have here, and maturation with age, people can change.

Hail.

I'm still trying to figure out why the word "cancer" is so popular on this board. I'm beginning to think that people find that word fascinating.

His teams were losing we are winning and winning cures everything. He might not even end up coming here but if he dies I have no problem with it because he will be joining an elite defense and a winning team. Which should make him happy.

And I thought you were defending him :silly:.

Just playing, we know what you meant.

His teams were losing we are winning and winning cures everything. He might not even end up coming here but if he dies I have no problem with it because he will be joining an elite defense and a winning team. Which should make him happy.

And I thought you were defending him :silly:.

Just playing.

Sorry about the 3 posts, don't know how that happened.

I thought you couldn't franchise the same player two years in a row?

I think you can. Not sure. We could give Raiders two first rounders, which would be the equivalent of Malcom kelly-Fred Davis and a first rounder (which we would have used to get a CB anyway)

YES!! Get DHall out there..he will help out with the secondary..of course NA is better like the masses have said and we would love to have him but we have to chance waiting until the season is over and then it's not even gurateed if he would want to come here anyway..he's gonna ask for a rack of money, so I say go after Hall..if we can get him for a decent price then why not and I'm not worried about him being demoted from being a former #1 and a pro-bowler..he need to humble himself and understand he took a step back and gotta work his way back up the ladder

I'm still trying to figure out why the word "cancer" is so popular on this board. I'm beginning to think that people find that word fascinating.

It's an easy, flippant way to "go with the flow" and keep yourself on the side of popular opinion. The media alludes to it, so it must be so. :doh:

We had the same flippant, repeated use during the close season and the Chad Johnson, as was then, debate. (Funny how everyone on the Bengals still speaks REAL high of a perceived "locker room cancer" there too huh, like Halls ex team mates do of him.). Far easier to call someone a "cancer" on a team, without actually backing up what their saying with fact.

The ironic, and sad, thing is, people don't appreciate the connotations of throwing the word so freely around. God forbid any of them actually had to deal with that killer.

*Gets down off my soap box.

Hail.

Obviously Asomugha is the better player and we'd like to have his talent more. Unfortunately it doesn't make much sense to invest the kind of money he's going to demand into upgrading a unit which as of yet has played pretty well as is. This guy is going to have teams salivating over him and somebody will offer him WAY more money than we could and should reasonably offer him.

I'm going to vote "no" on Hall as well. Ideally we would sign him for the vet minimum and he would play 3rd or 4th corner. But does anyone really see this guy doing that? He's a former #1 guy and pro-bowler. I would be nervous about burying a guy with his history of clubhouse behavior that low on the depth chart.

I don't think you'd have to worry about him being a disruption on our defense. There are too many vets like Fletch, Griff and Marcus that would put him in his place. And he would have to understand who is in front of him on the depth chart if he signed with us, so he knows the situation.

It's an easy, flippant way to "go with the flow" and keep yourself on the side of popular opinion. The media alludes to it, so it must be so. :doh:

We had the same flippant, repeated use during the close season and the Chad Johnson, as was then, debate. (Funny how everyone on the Bengals still speaks REAL high of a perceived "locker room cancer" there too huh, like Halls ex team mates do of him.). Far easier to call someone a "cancer" on a team, without actually backing up what their saying with fact.

The ironic, and sad, thing is, people don't appreciate the connotations of throwing the word so freely around. God forbid any of them actually had to deal with that killer.

*Gets down off my soap box.

Hail.

Good soap box. He had an altercation with his coach in the field who ultimately quit the team. CP had an altercation with Zorn. Should we call him a "cancer" also? I think the term is overused also and you are right that it's too easy to follow the media's opinion. He'll be on a winning team and a team that has a chance to go to the playoffs. He couldn't say that in Atlanta or Oakland. Makes a big difference.

I don't think you'd have to worry about him being a disruption on our defense. There are too many vets like Fletch, Griff and Marcus that would put him in his place. And he would have to understand who is in front of him on the depth chart if he signed with us, so he knows the situation.

Good soap box. He had an altercation with his coach in the field who ultimately quit the team. CP had an altercation with Zorn. Should we call him a "cancer" also? I think the term is overused also and you are right that it's too easy to follow the media's opinion. He'll be on a winning team and a team that has a chance to go to the playoffs. He couldn't say that in Atlanta or Oakland. Makes a big difference.

Funny thing is, those who follow the media's opinion of players, are the same ones who won't follow what the media says about owners. Obviously, many of people have heard and KNOW, just how Al Davis is, but of course the fans don't want to pay any attention to that. Everybody on NFL Network talks about how bad of an owner Al Davis is, but they still want to believe that Hall is this perceived "cancer". I wish that word was never created...it's annoying now.

The Raiders are going to franchise Asomugha again. He may be the best cb in the NFL.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/06/raiders-will-franchise-asomugha-again/

i was going to post the same thing.

was there nothing saying that the raiders agreed to not franchise him again? i know that happened with a couple others, like briggs and i think charles grant in NO, but didnt the raiders say the same thing?

If it were realistic to get Asomugha (sp?) I would say lets do it asap. But, I don't think the Raiders would let him go (he is one amazing CB) and he would be A LOT of money. However, I do think we need to address CB (lines first imo), not because of Carlos but because of Shawn Springs. Sure Springs is great... when he's on the field. There is a bad pattern developing. Springs in for a game, plays lights out, gets hurt, done for season. It's hard to have him on the team filling the void as a #1 CB because he is great when healthy, therefore we don't address a need at CB, yet he is always hurt and thus not producing.

Who would you sign? Hall is available now, Asomugha will be available as an UFA after the season.

Nnamdi Asomugha:

http://www.nfl.com/players/nnamdiasomugha/profile?id=ASO415291

Deangelo Hall:

http://www.nfl.com/players/deangelohall/profile?id=HAL268837

Although we could have Hall now, my choice would be to wait it out and make a move for Nnamdi Asomugha. This guy is worth paying decent money for and both corners would cost a pretty penny regardless.

Hall is 5-10, 195 and 24 years old. He has a slight speed advantage over Asomugha.

However, Asomugha is 6-2, 210 and 27 years old. He is very fast for his size and is a true shutdown corner, because QBs simply do not throw his direction.

Read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Asomugha

Asomugha's size and physicality makes him much more ideal for our team IMO.

We have to face big WRs like Plaxico Burress/Amani Toomer, TO/Roy Williams twice a year and Asomugha would be very valuable in NFC East games.

Also by picking him up we don't have to worry about gambling a first-round draft pick to find Shawn Springs' (eventual) replacement. Imagine this guy and Carlos covering a teams top two WRs?

Also Asomugha doesn't come with the locker room/off-field baggage that Hall comes with.

To me we should wait it out and make a serious push at grabbing Asomugha, maybe him being our only FA aquisition in the offseason.

What do you guys think?

D. Get DL help with our 1st round pick., which will help with both our run defense and our pass defense.

Archived