Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scalpers in the parking lot

MoeRedskins

I was wondering if this happened to anybody else? My group went with two guys who didn't have tickets and were just going to get them from a scalper in the parking lot before the game. Well, they paid a pretty penny for a pair of lower level tickets, but they turned out to be counterfiets. They couldn't tell the difference because it was a night game and all, and could see the tickets very well. When we meet up with them after the game, they said the ticket office had like 10 sets of people waiting with the same tickets. Apperently a bunch of people got ripped off by some scum bag. Did this happen to anybody else? If not, be careful out there cause you never are sure what those *******s in the parking lot are selling.

Wow, I haven't heard of that at FedEx before. That sucks. How were they noticed to be counterfeit so fast though since Fedex rips tickets rather than scan them?

They didn't notice til they got into the stadium and tried to go to their seats that didn't exist. Ticket takers couldn't really tell the difference either, not like they even bother to look at the ticket sometimes.

Thats why I don't buy tickets from scalpers!!!Razor Gator has some good tix...

Even buying them from Stubhub or Razorgator is risky. Granted these websites might get you a refund for your money but your still gonna get kicked out the game and feel like an idiot.............

Even buying them from Stubhub or Razorgator is risky. Granted these websites might get you a refund for your money but your still gonna get kicked out the game and feel like an idiot.............

StubHub has 100% insurance. They have a table by the stadium with tickets to give to people who had problems with their orders or if their tickets are fake.

Buying scalped tickets is the dumbest thing you can do. Its not like you are gonna get "The hook up" and you are buying them from some shady dude on the street corner that looks like he needs to sell these tickets to feed his family. Maybe in the eighties before the internet was born, but buying scalped tickets these days is like using a rotary phone instead of a touch tone phone.... there is just no reason to do it.

Yeah, see I'd never buy tickets to a Skins game from scalpers, especially to a big game like Monday Night Football. You're really rolling the dice. I wouldn't even bother rolling up at FedEx without tickets in hand.

Thing is, if you get ripped off by a scalper, there's really nothing the Skins can do to help you. It's not like they made a mistake and thus have to fix it.

StubHub has 100% insurance. They have a table by the stadium with tickets to give to people who had problems with their orders or if their tickets are fake.

What happens when the counterfeit tickets aren't discovered until the 2nd quarter and then after spending 30 minutes talking to the police the Stubhub "table" is closed?

What happens when the counterfeit tickets aren't discovered until the 2nd quarter and then after spending 30 minutes talking to the police the Stubhub "table" is closed?

I was under the impression these fake tickets were bought from people in the parking lot, not from StubHub?

I was under the impression these fake tickets were bought from people in the parking lot, not from StubHub?

It can happen from both. When you buy tickets from Stubhub the sell sends them to the buyer. All Stubhub does is provide a FedEx label for shipping. Stubhub never sees the tickets.............

Man that sucks. I wonder where the seats were that didn't exist? And why did the scumbag decide to choose as seat that didn't exist instead of a real seat? I think this might be the first blatant counterfeit ticket operations at Fedex. True?

Yeah, but 100% insurance doesn't mean you'll get inside. Once last year I bought Loge tix a few days before the game. When the tickets arrived, they were Club tix in the corner. I did not buy club tix and I did not want club tix, and after two days of ****ing around with them, they told me they couldn't get me loge tickets for the price I paid. My choice was to either accept the club tix in the corner or accept a refund. This was on a Saturday with kickoff one day away. I chose the latter.

It can happen from both. When you buy tickets from Stubhub the sell sends them to the buyer. All Stubhub does is provide a FedEx label for shipping. Stubhub never sees the tickets.............

Which is why they set up the table to help those who got screwed. The only reason I know about this is because it happened to a friend of mine for the Saints game. The seller accidentally forgot to send the tickets priority like he was supposed to so they didn't come in time. My friend walked right up with the printout of his order and they gave him tix.

If fakes are being sold on Stubhub, they should have the person's name and information that the money is going to so having police prosecute them shouldn't be too hard.

If fakes are being sold on Stubhub, they should have the person's name and information that the money is going to so having police prosecute them shouldn't be too hard.

I've never heard of fakes being sold on stubhub, just wrong tix, wrong sections, bad mailing procedures, etc.

Man that sucks. I wonder where the seats were that didn't exist? And why did the scumbag decide to choose as seat that didn't exist instead of a real seat? I think this might be the first blatant counterfeit ticket operations at Fedex. True?

Apparently my buddy's seats were the two on the end, if the row extended two more seats.

Ok lets set this straight. Ive bought tickets from scalpers MANY MANY of times prolly 8+ Games and NEVER got a fake ticket nor ever seen one.

Last night I also purchased 2 fake tickets and Was let into the stadium they looked so real that I was let into the stadium. And it wasnt one of those tear the bottom and keep rolling. They stopped me got one the managers to check it out and still let me in.

Section 140 row 18 or so. About 5-10 people had the same tickets.

Im not saying oh yeah this is bull. I got ripped but I got to see the game and thats the chance you take but hell Ive never seen this before. I had a great time with my girlfriend so im not yapping. Also I had no choice it was a last min way to go the game and i wanted to see it so I went.

EDIT: I took em to the Redskins office area. Theres nothing they can do about this.BTW

why would you buy from scalpers? you pay such a premium and take a huge risk.

Cause I was lazy and didnt get em off the internet? im not going to hide it but seriously Ive bought great seats from scalpers. I know will not do this anymore and use the internet. Lessened learned

Ok lets set this straight. Ive bought tickets from scalpers MANY MANY of times prolly 8+ Games and NEVER got a fake ticket nor ever seen one.

Last night I also purchased 2 fake tickets and Was let into the stadium they looked so real that I was let into the stadium. And it wasnt one of those tear the bottom and keep rolling. They stopped me got one the managers to check it out and still let me in.

Section 140 row 18 or so. About 5-10 people had the same tickets.

Im not saying oh yeah this is bull. I got ripped but I got to see the game and thats the chance you take but hell Ive never seen this before. I had a great time with my girlfriend so im not yapping. Also I had no choice it was a last min way to go the game and i wanted to see it so I went.

EDIT: I took em to the Redskins office area. Theres nothing they can do about this.BTW

Do you still have the ticket? Can you post a pic of it? I am just curious how well it was copied. I bet it is missing the indian head icons on the back.

I bet the real, honest street scalpers would love to catch this guy, because this has the potential of causing them huge problems.

That sucks for the victims.

Do we know for sure that all of those seats were purchased in the lots?

This sounds like an isolated incident because of the hype for this one game.

Can't say it's going to stop me from buying in the lots for future games.

The thousands of dollars saved over the years far outweighs the risk of the occasional rip-off, which has yet to happen to me.

Archived