Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scalpers in the parking lot

MoeRedskins

alright. yeah the normal guys I go to woulda been pissed because they make money but not from completely scamming. The only thing I could tell you that was fake about this ticket was the numbers to the Row/section/seat where just a TAD smaller then the real numbers on a real ticket. I looked at my father season ticked at the game before I went to hand them in at customer service.

Everything on the back letter to letter was the same. Looked like it was ripped right out of a season ticket book (preferations etc)

Since It was dark its hard to tell let alone the people at the GATE couldn't tell.

I bet the real, honest street scalpers would love to catch this guy, because this has the potential of causing them huge problems.

I feel the same way. Although the hustlers on Morgan Blvd. may seem intimidating to the average suburbanite, they have a business and a territory to protect. They have a legit product they're pushing and provide a valuable service for fans like me. The hustlers may not look trusting to many, but I have faith in those dudes.

Most of those guys are in a network, they all know each other's inventory and help one another buy and sell to fans. Those guys would probably love to crack a jaw if they caught someone selling bunk tix on their sidewalk.

i scalp everygame and pay way less then face for the games, and never seen a fake, but this game i came with 90 dollars for upper lever and i could only find very few tickets upper level. the scalpers were trying to buy their own at kick off i never seen that before. i ended up having to walk to a restaurant and watch it at the bar. it was awful. but from what i saw i got lucky and saved money but i was still pretty upset. i wont make the same mistake in two weeks im getting in i cant miss dallas week baby!!

the scalpers were trying to buy their own at kick off i never seen that before. i ended up having to walk to a restaurant and watch it at the bar. it was awful. but from what i saw i got lucky and saved money but i was still pretty upset. i wont make the same mistake in two weeks im getting in i cant miss dallas week baby!!
Wow! That's interesting. I've never heard of that before. I was telling a friend he could probably find tix cheap just before kickoff, but I guess not. (He didn't show up anyway)

add me to the list of people who couldnt get tickets to the game last night after unsuccessfully trying to get tix from scalpers last night.. ive never seen so few scalpers out there than last night, the first time i ever tried to get tix from them.. it seems like there 10 people lookin for tickets for every 1 person selling them.

I was at the game and I had club seats that I wanted to trade to a scalper. I finally found a guy that was willing to trade my tickets for some lowers but when he gave me the tickets they seemed faded and just funny looking overall. The print looked too small and Randle El just didnt look the same compared to my club tickets. Funny thing is because I hesitated on the tickets and kept looking at them the scalper quickly snatched them from my hand and gave my clubs back to me because a couple came up to him and payed him 350 for the lowers. After looking at this thread I am very happy that my gut told me that something was up.

They didn't notice til they got into the stadium and tried to go to their seats that didn't exist. Ticket takers couldn't really tell the difference either, not like they even bother to look at the ticket sometimes.

What section/row were the "seats" in? As I and others have said on this site, scratch the back of the ticket with a coin to see if it is a real ticket. If it is a real ticket, a Redskins logo will appear underneath the coating.

I was always wary of buying from scalpers, but after scoring an upper deck sideline ticket to the Home opener for $30 (vs. $70 face). I am more open to the idea.

Do you still have the ticket? Can you post a pic of it? I am just curious how well it was copied. I bet it is missing the indian head icons on the back.

I bet the real, honest street scalpers would love to catch this guy, because this has the potential of causing them huge problems.

I feel the same way. Although the hustlers on Morgan Blvd. may seem intimidating to the average suburbanite, they have a business and a territory to protect. They have a legit product they're pushing and provide a valuable service for fans like me. The hustlers may not look trusting to many, but I have faith in those dudes.

Most of those guys are in a network, they all know each other's inventory and help one another buy and sell to fans. Those guys would probably love to crack a jaw if they caught someone selling bunk tix on their sidewalk.

I'm sure this is true, but I just don't want to take the chance. I'm not intimidated by the scalpers, I just don't want to get ripped off.

My fear is that now that one guy apparently got away with selling counterfeit tickets, others will try to do the same. Once the pool is tainted, the risk involved with buying scalped tickets goes up.

When I go to the games (on average about two games per season) I bring friends or family members, and we tailgate, cook food, and have a good time. If we ended up getting counterfeit tickets onsite, the day would be ruined and I'd have some explaining to do, because I'm the one who organizes the trips to the games.

Since I only go to a couple games per year, I need to have that security of having the tickets and parking pass in hand, otherwise our whole tailgating schedule could get thrown off, and worst case scenario, we could wind up getting counterfeit tickets. I've heard of counterfeit ticket problems at other stadiums/arenas, and I'm just not willing to chance it.

My fear is that now that one guy apparently got away with selling counterfeit tickets, others will try to do the same.
No, I really don't think so. The scalpers are not as stupid as you think. They know that counterfeit tix will put an end to their business. This is one rogue scumbag.
Once the pool is tainted, the risk involved with buying scalped tickets goes up.
Exactly. And poof, there goes their market. That's why the real scalpers would like to find this guy.

alright. yeah the normal guys I go to woulda been pissed because they make money but not from completely scamming. The only thing I could tell you that was fake about this ticket was the numbers to the Row/section/seat where just a TAD smaller then the real numbers on a real ticket. I looked at my father season ticked at the game before I went to hand them in at customer service.

Everything on the back letter to letter was the same. Looked like it was ripped right out of a season ticket book (preferations etc)

Since It was dark its hard to tell let alone the people at the GATE couldn't tell.

The tickets might actually be constructed froma a blank sheet from the printers that were somehow stolen from the factory....posting a picture probably will not show too much then.

I still think this was in isolated incident due to the extremely high demand for this one game. For most Sunday afternoon games (other than Dallas) there are so many extra tickets floating around there is really no need to sell fake tix when uppers are going for $20 a seat.

I can see not wanting to take the risk or have the extra worries if it's going to hinder one's gameday experience.

Fortunately, most of my friends I buy for don't care where they sit. If they end up behind the endzone in the upper level for $20 they're happy. If I find them a pair of sideline lowers or clubs for $50 a seat they're stoked.

No, I really don't think so. The scalpers are not as stupid as you think. They know that counterfeit tix will put an end to their business. This is one rogue scumbag.

I guess what I mean is there could be more rogue scumbags who come along, as opposed to existing scalpers doing this. And if more rogue scumbags do come along, the legit scalpers will be screwed, because more and more people just wouldn't want to chance it.

I have no doubt that the legit scalpers don't want counterfeiting taking place, because it only hurts them. I'm just saying, what would stop more rogue scumbags from coming along.

I guess what I mean is there could be more rogue scumbags who come along, as opposed to existing scalpers doing this. And if more rogue scumbags do come along, the legit scalpers will be screwed, because more and more people just wouldn't want to chance it.

I think it would be tough for the rogue conterfeit scalper to become a mainstay on hustlers row w/out getting noticed.

Monday night may have have been exception b/c of the shear mass of crowds at FedEx and the darkness of the night provided cover. A non regular ticket seller would get noticed more easily in the light of day in a normal size crowd on Morgan Blvd. I don't mean noticed by us, but by the hustlers themselves.

Usually when a non hustler (I.E. white suburbanite game patron) holds up tix for sale along hustler's row on Morgan Blvd. the slingers immediately swarm the subject to see what they have and it it's worth buying from the game patron.

I think you'd get noticed pretty quickly if you were trying sell large quantities of tickets and you weren't a member of their crew.

I'd sure hate to face those guys if they knew I was selling bunk tix on their turf.

What section/row were the "seats" in? As I and others have said on this site, scratch the back of the ticket with a coin to see if it is a real ticket. If it is a real ticket, a Redskins logo will appear underneath the coating.

My day is not wasted afterall.... I have learned something new.

you could hand the people at the gate a post it note and most would let you in.

You musta not read what I said earlier. They stopped me and my girlfriend asked the "head" ticket lady standing in the back (not ripping tickets) and she stared at the thing and said everythings fine go ahead.

You musta not read what I said earlier. They stopped me and my girlfriend asked the "head" ticket lady standing in the back (not ripping tickets) and she stared at the thing and said everythings fine go ahead.

That sucks. Shouldn't have bought them from a scalper though. Nothing but trouble can come from that.......

Archived