Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scalpers in the parking lot

MoeRedskins

Well I guess this settles it... If I buy tickets now, it's going to be "Alright I'm going to buy these 2 tickets, my friend is going to go in and make sure they're legit, I'll stand with you the whole time and when he calls me and says that everything's okay, I'll pay you for both tickets"

It sucks that it's gotten down to this, but it's about the only way to be safe now...

I have gotten some insane deals from scalpers, 400's row 1 on the 43 yard line for last year's eagle's game for $45 each. Went down to Charlotte this year for the CAR and KC game, got 2nd row 45 yard line right behind the Chief's bench for $80 each... Tell me you could find those deals on Stubhub...

I have a funny feeling there's going to be some changes next game. Either huge enforcement of the "no scalping on stadium grounds" rule, or people who have fake tix are going to be shown the door. Just a hunch.

Yeah, it only takes one time and 20 out of 90,000 fans sometimes to cause change... I would be a lot more confident if they used the barcodes... It would make it easier and faster to know... When we were in Carolina, we were so relieved when we saw "pass" on their ticket scanner... Plus if it got denied, we could go back and get our money back... But paying $80 for a face value $100 ticket will sure get your heart racing when you walk up to that gate...

It can happen from both. When you buy tickets from Stubhub the sell sends them to the buyer. All Stubhub does is provide a FedEx label for shipping. Stubhub never sees the tickets.............

Not necessarily. Some sellers on stubhub give you the option to pick your tickets up at the roll call window IN the stadium. If it werent for that, I wouldnt do it.

I live in the Raleigh, NC area, and I have two scalpers, that I call "personal agents". I can get tickets to Carolina Hurricanes hockey games any time I want for no more than face value. Last Saturday one of my guys came up with a lower level four-pack for Sunday's game at less than face, and brought them to me. He also got me tickets to this year's Carolina Panthers and Redskins pre-season game. They were lower level Club for less than half price. I would not hesitate buying anything from them to any event.

But, I have no such contacts at Fedex. I do have a friend who had two legit uppers for this past Monday night, and so I got to see all those putrid towels, and Steeler jerseys.

I kept asking myself, who sold these people their tickets??

Scalping is legal in Tennessee, so it is almost always the same people. They are not doing anything illegal, so they are not in a hurry, and it feels a lot less shady. Most of the time they are standing on a corner, talking to the police. As weird as it sounds, you can ask a cop, and they will point out a reputable ticket reseller.:whoknows:

Archived