Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't blame J. Campbell, blame the offensive line(Merged)

IbleedBnG83

Jason Campbell continued to get up off the ground play after play and keep his composure. The offensive line was horrible. We couldn't get the big play going due to line's play, or get a strong run game going. Campbell was getting a ton of pressure and was sacked 7 times!!!

So before getting ready to say anything negative about Campbell, lets look at the whole picture first.

Jason Campbell continued to get up off the ground play after play and keep his composure. The offensive line was horrible. We couldn't get the big play going due to line's play, or get a strong run game going. Campbell was getting a ton of pressure and was sacked 7 times!!!

So before getting ready to say anything negative about Campbell, lets look at the whole picture first.

Smartest post that I've seen tonight!!:notworthy

The offensive line was miserable, Jason Campbell was indecisive, but Zorn abandoning the run in the first half was inexcusable.

We played into the Steelers pass-rushing hands by only running 13 times. Unforgivable in this type of game, and we paid for it. JC paid for it. Were the yards tough to come by? Yes. But Portis was finding lanes.

Bottom line is when we rush the ball 13 times, and throw it 43 times, we're going to lose. We abandon the rush in the first half, we're going to lose. Period. End of discussion.

The O-line sucked in pass protection as usual. But JC deserves just as much blame.

That one play where he scrambled backwards about 15 yards and then took a sack was ****in rediculous. Also both of his interceptions were passes that should have never been thrown. JC continues to show his lack of good decision making.

He'll be alright though.

Jason needed to pull through for us on this game. But I the terrible blocking by the o-line did not help. I think JC got rattled and started playing scared the rest of the game. He kept second guessing his reads. I lost count with how many times I saw him get ready to throw and stop and then get sacked.

Smartest post that I've seen tonight!!:notworthy

I'll place some blame on the line. But when he had time, he certainly did not execute. I also think a few of those sacks were attributed to him once again holding onto the ball too long something he has done his entire career. Thankfully he has fixed his fumbling problem he had last year.

I just don't see how we can keep defending this guy when he has yet to prove anything in a Redskins uniform. The defense and running game have won us games. Once teams like the Steelers start stacking 8 guys in the box and stopping Clinton we have to rely on JC. I just don't see him leading us down the stretch, he couldn't do it last year (albeit injuries) and we had to have Collins bail us out.

The Steelers D was simply brutal. Credit should go to them more so than criticism for our offense, so I'm not even blaming the O line at all. I completely agree with you about JC. He reminded me of a Timex watch, took a lickin' but kept on tickin'. The man hung in there like a true champ.

NO WAY' date=' this was a game where campbell had to step up. The team needed campbell to carry them in this one and he let the team down.[/quote']

How do you expect a guy that was sacked 7? 8? times to carry a team?

Absolute garbage. We need to find a way to change up the protection schemes or start removing our veterans in favor of young talent (Rinehart, Geisinger, Heyer?).

Offensive line played horrible. This forces Zorn to make weak calls (which he tends to do all the time but did a lot more tonight) and gives campbell no protection. Defense made a few errors that potentially could have been game changing (missed interception). Cough Cough Cough. Main problems- OLine and Zorn

I'll place some blame on the line. But when he had time, he certainly did not execute. I also think a few of those sacks were attributed to him once again holding onto the ball too long something he has done his entire career. Thankfully he has fixed his fumbling problem he had last year.

I just don't see how we can keep defending this guy when he has yet to prove anything in a Redskins uniform. The defense and running game have won us games. Once teams like the Steelers start stacking 8 guys in the box and stopping Clinton we have to rely on JC. I just don't see him leading us down the stretch, he couldn't do it last year (albeit injuries) and we had to have Collins bail us out.

When did he have time?

The O-line sucked in pass protection as usual. But JC deserves just as much blame.

That one play where he scrambled backwards about 15 yards and then took a sack was ****in rediculous. Also both of his interceptions were passes that should have never been thrown. JC continues to show his lack of good decision making.

He'll be alright though.

Both his interceptions were balls that shouldn't have been thrown? Portis was wide open, Campbell made a poor throw. And the last interception I believe was Thrash either falling down or running a poor route...can't remember which. Anyways, I wouldn't blame the decision making.

If you're going to pile it on JC for this game, I can only see 2 legitimate criticisms.

1: He was throwing high all night. Inaccurate tonight.

2: The amount of free blitzers the Steelers were getting has to be at least somewhat on JC, who is responsible for adjusting protections at the line. It seemed like every couple of plays the Steelers would get 1 (and sometimes 2) unblocked blitzers on Campbell. JC has to see that **** presnap and make adjustments (albeit the crowd noise didn't help).

Archived