Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lack of Pass Rush... ?

WeBB15

All steeler fans, on their boards and such, have been saying they feel alright about this game, most of them picking steelers to win by a td or more...

but the point they make over and over, is our lack of pass rush(29th in League in Sacks -10), which also plays in to the Redskins being 24th in League in INTs...

This does worry me a little bit, and now that i think about it, is why were consistently in close games. Closing the deal and dominating games always comes back to defense and how aggressive you are....

I feel our D is playing well, thats why this is sort of contradictory...

Should we be worried?

I wouldn't be any more worried than if we were playing a division opponent where all sorts of crazy stuff seems to happen. I'm not predicting anything - its most likely going to be a dog fight and I'm just hoping we can pull out a 'W' and get into the bye week without any serious injuries.

The guy that worries me most if we do not pressure Big Ben is Nate Washington. We cannot let him stand back there and pick and choose. We do get Horton back so I imagine he will come on the blitz more than a few times tonight.

Since the matchup will probably be Torrence on Washington, i am scared out of my mind with this matchup

Thats the thing, Our D seems like it dominates but our Prevent D and when the other team is in No huddle is when all their stats accumulate...

Im wondering when were finally going to catch those tipped balls, or break thru that oline to get some crushing sacks...

I love how were playing, but if we were actually getting INTs, and Sacks... i couldnt imagine how much better we could be..

They're 0-2 against the NFCE and we have fewer sacks than the Eagles and Giants so that's why they're keying on the pass rush. The only two games they lost so far were because they got sacked into oblivion and they think that we have less of a chance to sack them than those teams, but the truth is we could probably win this game with great secondary play if the sacks don't come. They're banking on the pass rush being the only thing about the defense that matters. Not so. Although I also think we get a season high sack count this game.

All steeler fans, on their boards and such, have been saying they feel alright about this game, most of them picking steelers to win by a td or more...

but the point they make over and over, is our lack of pass rush(29th in League in Sacks -10), which also plays in to the Redskins being 24th in League in INTs...

This does worry me a little bit, and now that i think about it, is why were consistently in close games. Closing the deal and dominating games always comes back to defense and how aggressive you are....

I feel our D is playing well, thats why this is sort of contradictory...

Should we be worried?

Ask the Saints, Cards, Dallas and Philly about our defense, wether or not they lack of pass rush is argueable the Wins are not. And those teams we beat all have more potent offesnes then the 25th ranked Steelers.

:cheers:

I hope we blow them out!

HTTR!!

I was about to make a post about this.

Our lack of pass rush is probably my ONLY concern when it comes to the Steelers offense.

Lets face it, while there is NO EXCUSE for having a pass rush as poor as our, lets look at some of the offenses we have beaten with our lack of pass rush....

Arizona

New Orleans

Dallas w/Romo sits to pee (In Dallas)

Philly

All those teams have a much better offense then the Steelers.

I think the bigger key is stopping the Steelers run game because it will put them in 3rd and long situations where our secondary will have a lot more personnel on the field to give our D-line more time.

Remember it's not ALWAYS about the sack, but the pressure. If Rothelisburger is having to scramble and run around, it is going to take accuracy away from this throws. They key is not not let him stand upright and planted.

Somehow the Skins are winning without an apparently strong pass rush, and without takeaways. It's pretty amazing really. It worries me EVERY game. What worries me more though is the offense. They need to start scoring points. Against the Steelers and their statistically strong defense, that MAY be difficult. If they don't, I'm afraid the defensive shortcomings will be more noticeable and more critical.

I would certainly feel more confortable with just a decent pass rush. That would help us to win easily instead of fighting until the last minutes of the games. Look at the Giants, they are just shuting down their opponents with their pass rush (moreover their 2 best ends are missing !).

I was about to make a post about this.

Our lack of pass rush is probably my ONLY concern when it comes to the Steelers offense.

Lets face it, while there is NO EXCUSE for having a pass rush as poor as our, lets look at some of the offenses we have beaten with our lack of pass rush....

Arizona

New Orleans

Dallas w/Romo sits to pee (In Dallas)

Philly

All those teams have a much better offense then the Steelers.

I think the bigger key is stopping the Steelers run game because it will put them in 3rd and long situations where our secondary will have a lot more personnel on the field to give our D-line more time.

Remember it's not ALWAYS about the sack, but the pressure. If Rothelisburger is having to scramble and run around, it is going to take accuracy away from this throws. They key is not not let him stand upright and planted.

I hear ya bro...

its like people aren't happy with a win unless we gets sacks

sacks are cooool man!

:cheers:

Archived