Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Westbrook talks Sean Taylor

Bigwayne13

He may play for the Eagles, but B-West is one player i really respect. The defining moment for that was a couple years ago. The Eagles are winning by like 3 points, or something, a little over 2 min to go, and he breaks out into the open field with nobody ahead of him, he gets to the 2 yard line, and lays down, taking time off the clock.

That AMAZED me. Blew me away, most players would go for the TD, for the stats, for the recognition. He sat down to take time off the clock, and win the football game.

B-West, i hate the jersey, but respect the man

Just watched the movie The Express in the theaters and learned about Ernie Davis's story. I was watching and wondering how sick the Cleveland Browns would have been if they had both Ernie Davis and Jim Brown in the same backfield (He died of Leukemia after being drafted by the Brown which already had Jim Brown). I couldn't help but think about ST and LL. The could have been sick tandem for quite some time. And you know what? The Cleveland Browns retired Ernie Davis's #45 even though he never played a down for them. I think Sean should be honored permanently by the Redskins in some fashion. Ring of Honor or something. Miss you Sean!!! R.I.P. #21

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching the movie! I really hope they retire Sean's number. I could not imagine someone else wearing #21. Still can't believe he's gone. :(

I agree.

I was wondering why these people were angry and I couldn't see the logic behind it.

I honestly had to think for a while before I could see how maybe this could be taken in a negative way.

How you described it what was immediately what came to my mind when I first read it.

i second this. I still don't understand what people were so angry about.

To everyone wondering why some were upset about that earlier comment on page 1 of this thread, from my point of reading that post it just seemed in bad taste. Maybe I read it the wrong way maybe I didn't. To me the timing seemed a little off. The thread was celebrating how great of a player Sean is, and he says, "Don't think we would have Horton if Sean was still here," maybe he was just stating the obvious, or maybe he was saying he'd rather have Horton. It was his comment, so you also may be taking it the wrong way. But maybe I did read it wrong, if so, I apologize.

To everyone wondering why some were upset about that earlier comment on page 1 of this thread, from my point of reading that post it just seemed in bad taste. Maybe I read it the wrong way maybe I didn't. To me the timing seemed a little off. The thread was celebrating how great of a player Sean is, and he says, "Don't think we would have Horton if Sean was still here," maybe he was just stating the obvious, or maybe he was saying he'd rather have Horton. It was his comment, so you also may be taking it the wrong way. But maybe I did read it wrong, if so, I apologize.

You just overreacted.

Just watched the movie The Express in the theaters and learned about Ernie Davis's story. I was watching and wondering how sick the Cleveland Browns would have been if they had both Ernie Davis and Jim Brown in the same backfield (He died of Leukemia after being drafted by the Brown which already had Jim Brown). I couldn't help but think about ST and LL. The could have been sick tandem for quite some time. And you know what? The Cleveland Browns retired Ernie Davis's #45 even though he never played a down for them. I think Sean should be honored permanently by the Redskins in some fashion. Ring of Honor or something. Miss you Sean!!! R.I.P. #21

One thing I learned in the new history of the redskins dvd was that we drafted Ernie but he said he'd never play for our "rascist s.o.b. owner" (Fair Enough). Anyways, we traded him to Cleveland for Bobby before Ernie died.

“"I wanted him to play running back or quarterback and score all the touchdowns," said Taylors uncle, Michael Outar. "The coach gave Sean No. 66 and put him on the line. Before the game he said, 'Uncle Michael, what do I do?' I said, 'Hit the guy with the ball.' And that's what he did, over and over."

Archived