Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santonio Holmes busted for pot.

DTN Redskin

So stupid that people still get in trouble for pot, its just pot....who doesnt smoke it? :whoknows:

Really, if it wasnt for pot this world would be so much better, the economy would be doing great and everything would be great. Crap my dealer needs to hurry up and re-up, been dry for two weeks.

Drugs really make no sense at all. How can so many people make such bad decisions?

You could argue that Holmes can afford to sacrifice a certain amount of money and reputation because he has so much relative to the average term.

It's the people who have a HELL OF A LOT to lose by their actions with very little money and a very high opportunity cost to their decisions that make you scratch your head. Like if you have a family and you make 50K a year and you get fired due to a substance violation.

THAT is nuts and people do it. Hell, people cheer for cults of personality and usher in governments that will steal their money, destroy their liberty and take the lives of millions. People are not coldly rational and many feel they will escape the consequences of their actions.

While it may be stupid for someone in his situation to be caught with weed, I would prefer that the NFL take a different position on this.

I would like to see due process and a possible suspension AFTER the said player has gone through the court system.

If the NFL wants to be the no tolerent league than "innocent untill proven guilty" should come into play somewhere.

Every situation is not cut and dry.

Any word on when Holmes is supposed to meet with the Commish. I've looked all over the net, and nobody's indicating a timeframe. Is it supposed to be today, tomorrow? :whoknows:

I know were obviously going to gameplan as if he is gonna play, but it could seriously affect pittsburghs gameplan if he's not in (ie...see last week -vs- the giants).

Hail!

:logo:

Archived