Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL TV Map for Week 8

royallypwned

It's that time again. For the first time this season, the Boys and Skins play at the same time...when they don't play each other of course. So, unfortunately for you Skins fans outside of the VA/DC or Michigan areas, that's not a good thing. Most of the country will *gasp* get the Boys-Bucs game, while the other games will only be seen in local areas.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2008-08-FOX1.html

week8mapbl5.jpg

week8mapcolorjs5.jpg

Wow that sucks for those parts of MD, looks like no game at 1 on fox?

If you get the Washington DC Fox station, you'll be fine. The Map shows the line b/w Washington and Baltimore coverage but fails in noting that Annapolis and many other cities get both stations.

Wow, there are places in Maryland that are actually closer to FedEx Field in Landover (mile wise) than M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore and they are greyed out.

Not that I ever have to worry :D but I am willing to bet that there aren't that many fans of other teams that live so close to their home team (and even closer to Redskins land than Ravens land) and still have to worry about it not being shown on regular TV.

Why the hell doesn't Fox show any game in the New York City area? The Farve Show is on CBS, and they're going to show some stupid infomercials for Cham-Wow instead of ANY football game.

Does anyone know the reason for this? We've got millions and millions of people around here. Can they actually make more money selling infomercials than playing a game? Surely a Fox game would have plenty of viewers just because it's on. The Jets are not that big a deal.

Why the hell doesn't Fox show any game in the New York City area? The Farve Show is on CBS, and they're going to show some stupid infomercials for Cham-Wow instead of ANY football game.

Does anyone know the reason for this? We've got millions and millions of people around here. Can they actually make more money selling infomercials than playing a game? Surely a Fox game would have plenty of viewers just because it's on. The Jets are not that big a deal.

yeah, unfortunately since the Jets play at home on CBS, Fox is blacked out during that same time. If the Jets were playing on the road instead, then New York would not be blacked out on Fox.

If you look, you'll notice that Baltimore and Miami are also blacked out from the early Fox games due to the Ravens and Dolphins having home games on CBS at the same time. The road teams/cities (Oakland, Kansas City, and Buffalo) however, are not blacked out during the early Fox games.

Does that make sense? I know, it sucks.

Thanks, I see how it works now.

I only hope we are close to the day where we can watch any game we want at home, PPV style, but without having to have a certain cable provider and without having to shell out for every single game from every single team.

When it comes to football I HATE living in the New York metropolitan area. First, I have to deal with Giants fans on a daily basis and second, this area is ALWAYS greyed out on the TV distribution map. So...I have to use the online TV guide to see what's airing for that time slot. 9 times out of 10 it says "To Be Determined"!!! Rat Bastids!

Archived