Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Taylor

SMU Redskin

How is Jason Taylor doing recovering from his injuries? Obviously he was hurt in the last preseason game and hasn't been in his usual form this year, but is he ever going to be at 100% this season? The D has looked great all year, but if he can step up and start playing like one of the best DE's in the league again, then I think we're going to be in great shape down the stretch

hes been decent at the very best. I would trade him back to the dolphins for that second round pick any day. Another bad trade by our FO. Oh well.

It's funny how I just read a post from you not even 5 minutes ago saying that Denver got the better end of the Portis trade.

:doh:

hes been decent at the very best. I would trade him back to the dolphins for that second round pick any day. Another bad trade by our FO. Oh well.

I wouldnt, its still Jason Taylor. He will have sacks just watch, its just that he hasnt been healthy. But i think from here on out he will finally be back on track

...is he ever going to be at 100% this season?

Only the Redskins medical staff can answer that, but just from watching him play I would say that he has not even been close to 100% this year. I mean he had that hyperextended knee, which I'm guessing is still sore, and that weird calf blood thing, which had to weaken his leg. He hasn't done what we thought he would. I'm hoping that after the bye week he will be fully recuperated and ready to contribute the final 3rd of the season. Because we obviously need his pass rush. So far the trade looks rather fruitless, but he can certainly turn it on.

While his stats have not been there, he still has made big plays at critical moments in the game (all the batted passes he seems to make).

Not only that, but I am absolutely amazed that the guy has been able to play at all this year. I have never seen a guy take a hit like Taylor did to the knee against the Panthers and play the same year.

There is no way he is even close to 100% healthy yet. Maybe him fighting through the injury will help toughen up some of our other players (like Shawn "Dings" Springs) toughen up too. Plus, I'm pretty sure it doesn't hurt to have a future HOF'er on your team to give the younger guys some advice. IMO, the trade has been ok. Not great, but not horrible either. It's been....medium :)

He's doing a lot.

Maybe not stat-wise, but he draws double-teams just because of the name on the back of his Jersey.

He has had a good number of bat-downs at critical points as well.

He will break out soon. Bank it.

I was gonna say the same thing. He never has one person on him, it seems.

Taylor is either still hurt or washed up. I re watched the Cleveland game and he was be bull dozed on the runs and never close on the pass rush. However the one play he lined up on the right side (his normal position when he was with dolphins) he was in the back field and deflected the pass.

Looks much better from the right side

We need more production from him - that's just a must. I admire him for playing with his injuries and I absolutely do think he is trying his best though.

In hindsight - I would have preferred a trade for Marcus Stroud. I think Stroud would have been the wiser choice. Stroud with Griffin in the middle would have done wonders for the line and defense as a whole IMO.

I would not worry about JT because he's not the long term solution. He's going to give us another year or two at best. I would be concerned with A. Carter. With JT drawing some doubles wheres AC? He should be lighting it up this year. He is slightly better statistically then JT.

I would like to see Wilson or James play more. See how they play with JT. We need to put more pressure on the QB without having to rely on the blitz. After all relying on the blitz is what killed the GW system and lead to that one horrible defensive season.

I would not worry about JT because he's not the long term solution. He's going to give us another year or two at best. I would be concerned with A. Carter. With JT drawing some doubles wheres AC? He should be lighting it up this year. He is slightly better statistically then JT.

But if you actually watch the games you see him getting into the backfield, getting solid pressure and blowing up run plays. Stuff the stat sheet doesnt record

If Taylor doesn't get constant pressure and at least one sack against Detroit, we know he is slipping.

I don't think you can assume he's done based off whether or not he gets pressure this week. Don't forget his calf is cut open and his knee can't be 100% yet. His legs and footwork are the reason he can get pressure and sacks. I've been happy with what he has been able to do considering his injuries, and as he gets healthier he will get better.

Taylor is always a threat on a pass rush. He helps our defense put pressure on the QB. That said, he's not strong against the run. If we rotate correctly, a healthy Taylor combined with Evans would be a good 1-2 punch on the one end.

Andre Carter is a beast on the other side :)

Archived