Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do we play this way

G-Prime

I'm happy with the win don't get me wrong I think we played well. But every week it seems like we play up and down depending on who we're playing. From week to week we match the team we're against. Stat wise we look dominant, just the scores are never what the stats show.. When are we going to stop playing to the talent of other teams and just be the Redskins and go in and mop the floor with some body.. I swear we could play the Chiefs right now and only win by 3 points..

We'll see what happens against Detroit this week. I wonder the same things at times. Its nice when we play the top tier teams, but baffling when we can't seem to blow anyone away that we should. A win is a win though, and I'll take 'em however I can get 'em.

Personally, I find nothing wrong with it. The Colts did that the year before the super bowl, and they didn't make it past the divisional championship. The Patriots did it last year, and they didn't win the super bowl. Personally, I think it gives the team some sense of urgency when they play a winless team and get beat by them. Now, my tune would be different if we only had one win, but playing like this and winning could be a good sign.

You so double yardage, I say other teams only get half. Meaning...you say our offense doubles the other teams yardage. I say our defense holds the other team to half. Really, it's all just stats, who cares as long as we are playing well enough on both sides of the ball AND WINNING?!

He's talking about almost doubling teams in

yardage and winning by 3 points. He's got a great point and it cost us last week. It's driving me crazy too.

I'm sure like all of you and probably the players and coaches, it would be really nice to have a game in hand come the 4th quarter. I think there are a couple of factors why this isn't happening.

First, the offense is built around the run, not the pass. As GREAT as CP has been, he hasn't broke out any 80 yard runs, etc. With the grind it out type of running game, the game is going to slow down. As far as the passing game, we really only have one deep threat and that is Santana. He's the only guy that can catch a 10 yard slant and take it to the house consistently.

Another reason for a lack of blowouts is our defense and special teams. Our D is rock solid! However, we don't have a very "opportunistic" type of defense. When was the last time, our defense took a pick or a fumble and scored with it. Our D is a bend, don't break type of defense that hasn't had it's share of fumbles or picks going it's way.

Here's to hoping for a big blowout this weekend!

He's talking about almost doubling teams in yardage and winning by 3 points. He's got a great point and it cost us last week. It's driving me crazy too.

My reason? We are still learning the WCO. We are 7 games into it and playing better then any of us expected. Did you really think we'd be 5-2 (...with 6-1 a shoulda-been?).

We will beat Detroit (they are terrible and all we need to do is double Johnson and they have zippy)

I feel that the Browns and Rams have more talent than their records indicate. On the other hand I do not think Detroit has much talent at all outside of Johnson and Sims. So let's see how we do this week. If anything, these close games are teaching Zorn how to manage and win games which is good since he is a first time head coach.

I think it's just an aggregate type of thing that seems to be ampliflied at times...

* An inopportune penalty that stalls a good looking drive (like the Sellers one yesterday)

* Sporadic sloppy play and play-calling

Overall, obviously we're playing very well. CP and the running game is just lights out right now - Jansen had better stay put IMO.

We need to work on the passing game and getting more push/pressure from the defensive line.

The Taylor trade right now looks like a busted move. I really think that's just an honest answer. He deserves credit for playing after such injury woes, but he has not been effective. It seemed like a good move at the time - it just has not worked out very well in hindsight. That may change of course - we'll just have to see.

I'm happy with the win don't get me wrong I think we played well. But every week it seems like we play up and down depending on who we're playing. From week to week we match the team we're against. Stat wise we look dominant, just the scores are never what the stats show.. When are we going to stop playing to the talent of other teams and just be the Redskins and go in and mop the floor with some body.. I swear we could play the Chiefs right now and only win by 3 points..

I think that people are getting ahead of themselves with our record being what it is. We are still a work in progress. The Offense is no where near 100%.

We are not hitting everything. We are still in the learning process with Campbell and Zorn. The running game is a monster but the passing game of the WCO is not all there.

We are so much ahead of schedule in terms of getting it right. We are not blowing people out because we are not a great team yet. We also are learning to play as the favorite. This is new for a lot of the Skins who have always been on teams fighting for their playoff lives by this time of the year instead of looking to win the division.

It is a process. In the NFL more than any other league you have to go out and win the games you are supposed to win and steal a few along the way. We have done that for the most part and we are way ahead of schedule. IMHO

Archived