Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Record for most games w/o an INT?

shhrz

Does anyone what's the record for most games and most attempts without and interception? I dont recall any QB in the past 10 or so years going seven games without one. Is JC close to breaking any kinda records or not even close?

does anyone know the record for most games without an interception but still a lousy passing game?

If you are suggesting our passing offense is stuggling I have no idea what games you are watching and have to question your football IQ.

Campbell is doing EVERYTHING he is being asked to do. Moss, Cooley and ARE give us 3 execellent receiving options and all are having good seasons.

We are not throwing for 300+ yards per game because we dont need to. Before Sunday we were #3 in the NFL in rushing offense and Clinton Portis leads the NFL in rushing yardage. Add to that we have seldom been behind or been in shootouts and thats why you have not seen Campbell put it up 40 times a game.

When he has had to Jason has produced. He brought us from 9 points down versus the Saints in the 4th quarter, brought us from behind to go ahead versus the Rams, threw for 2 scores and a bunch of big plays against Dallas in Dallas, has made some really clutch throws on 3rd and long. He is producing.

I'm really impressed with the way Campbell has developed this year. Maybe I'm just not seeing what you are.

I didn't look it up but the first thought that comes to mind is Bernie Kosar?

You got it HH. This had me curious, so I went researching:

The NFL record for the most consecutive passes attempted without an interception are as follows:

1. Bernie Kosar.

Clevelend Browns. 1990-1991. 308 Passes.

2. Bart Starr.

Green Bay Packers. 1964-1965. 294 Passes.

3. Geoff George.

Indianapolis Colts. 1993. 279 Passes.

Atlanta Falcons. 1994.

No. 3 surprised the heck out of me too.

JC currently stands on 224, stretching back to the Bills game in Week 13 last year when NO-ONES mind's of a burgundy and gold persuasion were on a game of football. Not sure what duration in games the above records

got set over, but Campbell's currently stands at 9.

Incidentally, the last player to pick off a pass from #17 was Larry Tripplett of the Bills, 18 seconds from the end of the 3rd. qtr. in that very same game.

Hail.

You're right. It's Bernie Kosar. The record is 308. Jason now has 224 passes without an interception.

The Skins broke the record for regular season pass attempts, last night, without an interception going back into last season. This includes Campbell, Collins, El and Portis.

If you are suggesting our passing offense is stuggling I have no idea what games you are watching and have to question your football IQ.

Campbell is doing EVERYTHING he is being asked to do. Moss, Cooley and ARE give us 3 execellent receiving options and all are having good seasons.

We are not throwing for 300+ yards per game because we dont need to. Before Sunday we were #3 in the NFL in rushing offense and Clinton Portis leads the NFL in rushing yardage. Add to that we have seldom been behind or been in shootouts and thats why you have not seen Campbell put it up 40 times a game.

quote]

:applause:

The wonders of Fantasy Football. Everyone wants 300 yard games over wins

The stat is very telling with respect to the recent success of the team. There is significant talent on both sides of the ball with a very solid running game. What you need is a quarterback who will not lose the game for you. If you can pass somewhere around 60% (average), not throw interceptions, and not drop the ball, you have a good chance of having a winning record and making the playoffs. For most of last year, that was not the case obviously.

Yes, Campbell is doing most of what is asked of him and he his filling that role quite well. He deserves significant credit for improvement in many areas including decision making, looking across the whole field at multiple receivers, etc. But, one of the few troubling areas is his accuracy down field which still is quite poor. That is reducing the attempts down field. Many of our long pass plays come after the catch. As long as the defense can hold teams to less than 18-20 points, and the running game remains strong, the story plays out well. My one big worry is if teams commit to stop the run on us and force us to throw down field. That could be the scenario where the down field accuracy becomes more of an issue. Until then, I am quite happy with 150+ rushing and 200 passing yards per game.

Archived