Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the injuries to our secondary and Portis concern you?

IbleedBnG83

With the Browns coming off a big win, they are headed in the right direction with a two game win streak. The Redskins are coming off a tough loss at home and I have no doubt that will only fuel the team to come out Sunday much more sound and disciplined.

However, the injuries to Springs, Smoot, Rogders, Horton, and Portis has me worried. The Browns are getting Winslow back, and with Stallworth and Edwards, the Redskins have their work cut out for them. The Browns got the RT back and their offensive line played lights out against the Giants. If we can't apply decent pressure, which our D-line hasn't been doing a good job of consistently, our weakened secondary will be exposed. Rodgers seems like he will be fine and play, but with Smoot almost certainly out, and Springs limited, I'm not sure how I like the idea of Rodgers, Torrence, and Tryon. Horton has been getting better with each game but now has an ankle injury. We are really going to need him playing close to the line to disrupt up the running game and come in on blitz's to add pressure.

It seems Portis should play just fine, but there is no telling how his injury will affect him during the game. I'm not quite comfortable with Alexander and Cartwright carrying the load themselves, God forbid Portis has to come out.

Overall, I think the Redskins can beat the Browns if fully healthy. But these injuries have me much more worried. 4-3 in the NFC East is not where I want the 'Skins to be at.

This time of the year nobody is 100% so I am not worried. They will all play on Sunday and be effective.

Smoot was listed as doubtful already. Springs reagrivated his calf and Rodgers and Horton just maybe hampered a bit. I think the injuries could really bite us this game...

Smoot was listed as doubtful already. Springs reagrivated his calf and Rodgers and Horton just maybe hampered a bit. I think the injuries could really bite us this game...

Smoot is probably the only one that won't play. Zorn listed all of them as "nagging injuries."

Like someone else said no one's 100 percent almost halfway into the season.

And it's "Rogers," not "Rodgers."

If Torrence is in the game, we are in trouble. Just look at how he got turned around by a ROOKIE!!!

I'm worried about this secondary when under full health. Why we didn't draft a good corner is beyond me. I guess we kept thinking that Springs won't be injured like he always is. I love the guy, but we really need to get younger and more talented at corner.

If Torrence is in the game, we are in trouble. Just look at how he got turned around by a ROOKIE!!!

I'm so over people bashing Torrence. That was a good adjustment by Avery. Torrence had good coverage. And so what if it was a rookie. He was the first WR drafted this year for a reason...

Yes, we should be concerned about the subs playing for the starters who are injured. After Springs and Smoot we are razor thin. We will need a good pass rush and maybe have to drop the linebackers back even more than we would routinely do. We need offense, defense and special teams to play much better than they did last week.

I'm worried about this secondary when under full health. Why we didn't draft a good corner is beyond me. I guess we kept thinking that Springs won't be injured like he always is. I love the guy, but we really need to get younger and more talented at corner.

get over leigh torrence, honestly, there was nothing he could have done on that play. would you rather have tryon in there? one mistake by torrence has blinded many to the fact that he has actually played pretty well so far this season.

I posted it in another thread. We need to keep the ball on the ground and out of the Browns hands. CP needs to carry as much as he can. SA needs some touches and might as well get Rock some too. Time of possession needs to be something like 35-40 minutes. Hopefully that would take the burden off our dinged up defense.

the injuries are worrisome so its time to do what we havent been doing. we need to get to derek anderson and get him early and hard. rough him up a little bit and make him worried. come on Andre and JT get it done!

Precisely. If we can get to Anderson early and often, he will struggle. His track record speaks for itself.

he didn't get turned around...sheesh.

Let me state this for you as slow and calm as I can

THE....BALL....WAS....UNDERTHROWN!

Torrence did a pretty good job in the Arizona game. I think we'll be fine.

Archived