Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cowboys get penalized for Pacman?

DWinzit

It is unprecedented but he did say he was going to start holding teams accountable for the players they sign. I personnally don't think this infraction would warrant any team fine or loss of draft picks. I beleive the answer would be a resounding yes had he started a brawl in another gentlemens club. I guess we will have to wait and see.

If this happened to anyone else, it may not even make a headline. He was not even in a police report. However, because he is standing on a wet tissue, thinner than thin ice, anything he does is a problem.

With that said, the team won't be penalized for this. It wasn't that big of deal

Signing a player under so much scrutiny, with such history, that required reinstatement in order to honor the agreement and needing 4 body guards; means the Cowboys went way out of their way to hire someone who rest of the league did'nt want any more regrdless of his on field talent.

I don't see it happening. Wouldn't Goodell be just as guilty for reinstating him? I don't think the infraction warrants extra penalties against the team.

Besides, isn't being without one of your starting corners for at least four games a penalty to the team?

Hey, I'm always for taking away as much as possible from Dallas, but I can't see the justification in this case. As it was already said, Goodell himself had to basically sign-off (and reinstate the man) on this deal. Suspension or permanent ban would the most you could expect here.

Hey, I'm always for taking away as much as possible from Dallas, but I can't see the justification in this case. As it was already said, Goodell himself had to basically sign-off (and reinstate the man) on this deal. Suspension or permanent ban would the most you could expect here.

Yeah, those are my thoughts as well...Goodell letting Pac Man play again would make him punishing the Cowboys for signing him a bit hypocritical.

If this had resulted in an arrest or an obvious law being broken, then maaaaybe....

If this happened to anyone else, it may not even make a headline. He was not even in a police report. However, because he is standing on a wet tissue, thinner than thin ice, anything he does is a problem.

With that said, the team won't be penalized for this. It wasn't that big of deal

If I do it, you're right, it isn't a big deal.

But I'm not on parole.

This isn't a big deal merely because he's a high-profile athlete (though that's also part of it). It's a big deal because he is in violation of parole. Or at least, he might be.

I can't imagine that Pacman, given his history, is not going to get into further trouble over the next four weeks. He's never learned from consequences in the past and right now he's out of football for four weeks. He's got a lot of free time on his hands...

Goodell is supposed to hold teams accountable for certain actions. The beyond questionable move of signing Pacman should fall into play here, right? Fine....taking away draft pick(s)?:whoknows:

They are being penalized...they are starting Brad Johnson. Perhaps Jason Garret will suit up as number three. He is younger than Brad isn't he?

Are the cowboys down three cornerbacks and a punter, wish we could play them again very soon

The only way the Cowboys get into trouble is if Godell feels the Cowboys handled this incident wrong.

The Cowboys were going to take no action against Jones themselves, and there was definitely an effort by Dallas to sweep this whole thing under the rug as quickly as possible.

In fact, Dallas wasn't exactly truthful at first with what actually happened that night (I don't remember them mentioning Jones was intoxicated).

If Godell feels the Cowboys were dishonest about this in an effort to salvage their secondary, he may take some action.

But I would think nothing more than a fine, not something drastic like taking away draft picks.

Archived