Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our corners and 2009 draft

NotInOurHouse

I know people are begging for line help in the draft and I do agree but based on the type of defense blache runs and the propensity of our corners getting injured we NEED to either go corner first round or get the best free agent corner on the market. Theres no reason that Torrence should be put in champ bailey, rashean mathis, nate clements, asante samuel situations. There is a lot OL depth coming up in the draft something like 9 potential blue chip tackles coming up. Some of them will fall we can trade back to acquire more picks and pick up according to what we do in Free Agency. I cant fault torrence because he was put in that situation but underthown ball or not I think a really good cb with ball skill somehow looks back which all the great ones seem to do. Injuries played a big part in him being put in that situation but that brings me back to my point in that ALL of our CB's are injury prone and none of them can catch consistently. We need one really good corner that we can count on game after game and season after season to hold down the fort on one side

If you're talking about the Rams play, then Torrence wasn't in a Champ Bailey/Assante Samuel situation. He was covering the 3rd WR while Springs and Rogers were covering Kennison and Holt.

I agree we need a CB and I'd love to have Malcolm Jenkins but we're better off drafting an RT, C or even a guard.

If we have even a decent season, we'll miss drafting Jenkins and there's a long drop between the talent level of Jenkins and the other CBs in the 2009 draft class.

I think we're better off drafting OL and waiting to draft a stud CB in 2010 that can eventually take Springs' place, Vontae Davis from Ill is a big CB that could replace Springs eventually and he prob won't be available until 2010.

If you're talking about the Rams play, then Torrence wasn't in a Champ Bailey/Assante Samuel situation. He was covering the 3rd WR while Springs and Rogers were covering Kennison and Holt.

I agree we need a CB and I'd love to have Malcolm Jenkins but we're better off drafting an RT, C or even a guard.

If we have even a decent season, we'll miss drafting Jenkins and there's a long drop between the talent level of Jenkins and the other CBs in the 2009 draft class.

I think we're better off drafting OL and waiting to draft a stud CB in 2010 that can eventually take Springs' place, Vontae Davis from Ill is a big CB that could replace Springs eventually and he prob won't be available until 2010.

when I said situation I meant on a island with no help. For whatever reason there must have been help on Kennison and Holt because there was none on Avery.

The 2009 Draft should be all Defensive with the exception of a late Guard/Center. Were still set at Tackle with Jansen/Samuel/Heyer. We have a young stud at Guard C. Rinehardt. We need a center but no one drafts them on the first day.

We absolutely need a CB were old (SS) and fragile(Smoot/SS). I cant see them resigning Springs unless he takes a serious pay cut.

LB is a must. M. Wash is a shell of his former self and constantly injured. Rocky is a beast but the knees scare me. London/Blades are solid at MIC.

DT/DE. We'll have JT and AC. We need a DT that can move the pocket and draw a double period.

We dont have that many picks next year, so we need to address these needs. FAgency could be an option but no big name high price players.....

The 2009 Draft should be all Defensive with the exception of a late Guard/Center. Were still set at Tackle with Jansen/Samuel/Heyer. We have a young stud at Guard C. Rinehardt. We need a center but no one drafts them on the first day.

I'm not sold on Jansen or Heyer at this point. We would be best off spending our first rounder on a stud RT that will be here for the next 10 years or so.

Take BPA, that works always (90% of the time) in first round.

I see it like this, needs:

CB, Smoot and Springs are getting realy old...and Tyron has a loooong way to go, we need to have better CB depth and a futher for Springs.

OLB, Washington doesn't makes me happy at OLB and The Rock his knees are a risk. I don't see realy a all round OLB in the rooster now, Blades is a MLB a runstopper.

DE, Jason T. isn't looking good so let him help develop a good young pass rusher, whit QB's like McNabb, Romo sits to pee and Eli you need to precer the QB.

C, I realy don't like Rabach...but next years draft is deep at O-lineman so no need for reaching (reaching is never good).

I hope the college scouting can find a steal like Horton next year, only then a pass rushing DT.

Vontae Davis from Ill is a big CB that could replace Springs eventually and he prob won't be available until 2010.

im pretty sure that davis is going to come out this year and he might be the first corner taken. honestly i would really like to see us draft a stud dt and try to go after nnamdi asomugha in free agency. he is going to cost us but with him and rogers in the same secondary we would be scary.

im pretty sure that davis is going to come out this year and he might be the first corner taken. honestly i would really like to see us draft a stud dt and try to go after nnamdi asomugha in free agency. he is going to cost us but with him and rogers in the same secondary we would be scary.

If you are right, and it gives us a chance to get Malcolm Jenkins, Cerrato should jump on it big time. I'm a big Ohio State fan and know how good Jenkins is and how good he has a chance to be with some more development. Even if you are one of the people who crap on OSU for reasons that are not appropriate to argue about here, you cannot argue with the amount of top-notch NFL talent they have churned out over the years. Jenkins is more than worth a middle to late first rounder. On the other hand, I won't cry if they get smart and draft OL in first round.

If you are right, and it gives us a chance to get Malcolm Jenkins, Cerrato should jump on it big time. I'm a big Ohio State fan and know how good Jenkins is and how good he has a chance to be with some more development. Even if you are one of the people who crap on OSU for reasons that are not appropriate to argue about here, you cannot argue with the amount of top-notch NFL talent they have churned out over the years. Jenkins is more than worth a middle to late first rounder. On the other hand, I won't cry if they get smart and draft OL in first round.

I would take either Jenkins or Davis. We're going to need a big CB similar to Antonio Cromartie to cover the big WRs in this division (Plax, TO, now Roy Williams).

Nnamdi Asomugha would be fine too as long as we can sign him and not have to trade for him and that would free up the draft for an OLB in round 1 and to add some OL depth.

I'm still not against drafting a stud RT in round 1.

Blache said that Moore screwed up that blitz. If he would have blitzed properly, then that play might not have happened. I don't think the blame falls squarely on the shoulder of Torrence. The reciever just made a better play, which sucks.

However, I do agree that we need another corner. I think Springs will be gone and you never know when Smoot and Rogers are going to be injured. Asmougha is a F/A. He would be a nice pick up!

Victor "Macho" Harris will be there in round 2

Also solves our punt return problem. Big, fast, one of the best tackling CBs I have ever seen

I gotta talk up my Hokies :)

We're out a #2, #4, and a #7.....

Unless we pull another trade back (more likely when your #1 is in the mid to low 2nd round) we won't have a shot

I'd try to go after Nnamdi Asomugha, but there is a resonable chance we get outbid for his services. We've been more restrained in FA in recent years, but can probably afford to go for one big name this year....

Try to trade back from round #1 like last year and recoup picks - We need another infusion of youth on the team. In spite of all the press lately, I still like our draft from last year - In the end, I think Thomas, Kelly, Davis, Rinehart, and Horton will all turn out to be solid player. Who knows with Tryon and Moore....

If we got a CB in FA, then we would need to draft OL, DL, and LB as our priorities....If we could trade our #1 for 2 X #2's, then we could draft 2x OL, 2x DL, and LB

Unfortunately the Skins will be short on draft picks next year so again they will not be able to address all areas of need for depth. If I recall correctly we only have two picks in the first four rounds (a first and third). DT, LB and CB are all areas that the Skins should look at. On Offense the Skins need to look at a quality pickup for the OL. Four positions but only two picks. You can make the case for any of those positions deserving the investment of a first or third round pick. But, really it's way to early to be talking about the draft.

we don't need a DT. i think we have sufficient DE depth. we definitely need a CB, we need some more LB depth, and there are quality OL available through the 3rd-4th rd. hopefully we trade down and get two 2nd rounders for a 1st, grab a CB and a LB there, then hit the line with the rest of our picks.

I'm not sold on Jansen or Heyer at this point. We would be best off spending our first rounder on a stud RT that will be here for the next 10 years or so.

I agree but the team has immediate needs. I would love to get a stud RT and move JJ to guard for depth, but we need CB/LB/DT right now.

Archived