Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO's slow decline is going to be fun to watch.

Westbrook36

Actually tr1, and I don't know how much of this is true.. but it's been stated by himself and several other people that TO is actually faster this year than he's ever been.

Everyone and anyone that has seen TO run this year will say the same thing. I am not sure about him being faster then ever, however he sure as heck still is one of the fastest WR's in the NFL TODAY!

Age catches up with everyone eventually. As much as I try to remain pessimistic, I'm really starting to believe T.O. is on the decline. He really doesn't seem as explosive as he once was. Just watch how hard he had to run last week to beat the Bengals' secondary for a TD. And teams have been containing him with man-to-man coverage. Last year, T.O. would have made them pay for that.

I'm shocked by his inability to shake press coverage off the line. Springs seems to have provided a blueprint. Garrett needs to have him moving around before the snap to counter this....

I'm shocked by his inability to shake press coverage off the line. Springs seems to have provided a blueprint. Garrett needs to have him moving around before the snap to counter this....

We are going to see a couple of things:

1. What kind of coach Garrett is. Johnson does not have an arm left. He is very similar to Brunell. He cannot go deep anymore. There will be a lot more 8-9 man fronts, blitzes etc.
  2. TO. If they go 1-2, and he does not get the catches -- not targets -- catches. You're going to see him make a scene at the very least.
  3. The intestinal fortitude of this team. Every team faces adversity throughout the season. What are the Cowboys made of. In the past, they have not responded well. Honestly, this is a reflection of Wade Phillips.

It is going to be an interesting three weeks. They could be 5-4 coming into what would be a must win in Washington, with Brad Johnson at QB.

We are going to see a couple of things:

1. What kind of coach Garrett is. Johnson does not have an arm left. He is very similar to Brunell. He cannot go deep anymore. There will be a lot more 8-9 man fronts, blitzes etc.
  2. TO. If they go 1-2, and he does not get the catches -- not targets -- catches. You're going to see him make a scene at the very least.
  3. The intestinal fortitude of this team. Every team faces adversity throughout the season. What are the Cowboys made of. In the past, they have not responded well. Honestly, this is a reflection of Wade Phillips.

It is going to be an interesting three weeks. They could be 5-4 coming into what would be a must win in Washington, with Brad Johnson at QB.

Romo sits to pee should be back for the Redskins game.

without Romo sits to pee? But he made Romo sits to pee what he is, and what is Romo sits to pee again?...an average QB.....at best......:rolleyes:

I think Romo sits to pee has been lucky, and his luck would probably continue without Owens even though at a slower rate. The first thing that Dallas should do is get rid of the center. There have been cases where snaps have been over Romos head or they've been way off. That would cut down on some of the supposed Romo sits to pee mistakes.

Dude you are an absolute clown. Let's not pretend we could ever be friends shall we. Let's be realistic an honest here first. Perhaps we can share a convo or two here and there but you and I know we can never be friends.

You have a lot of pent up anger. Is everything ok?

All signs that he's not slowing down.

He is not the 04 TO so that says he is slowing down.

See the problem is I know you dog. I know you well. You actually called for T.O. falling off 2-3 years ago when you NOW claim he WAS explosive. You are an eagle fan. By nature you are bitter. You've been smacked around in the NFCE and are bringing up the rear right now. You have a bone to pick with T.O. for obvious reasons. You wanna call me for being real... YOU keep it real because you're not fooling anyone here.

Please post any link from 2-3 years ago where I said TO was falling off. Why do you have to make things up to try to make a point? I know it is not happy time in Puke-land but please try to stay intellectionally honest with the rest of us.

I'm all for being realistic. To be honest, I'm actually amazed that T.O. is STILL as explosive as he is? One would expect him to naturally decline but I haven't seen it yet. Did you see his catch and run vs. Cincinnati last week? Seriously.. he looked like a 23 year old stud on that play. Are defenses are finding ways to take him away? Sure.. Is Romo sits to pee always finding him when he's open? Of course not.. no QB is perfect.. If he's declining he simply wouldn't command the attention that he receives from defenses week in and week out. I'll be the first to admit when he doesn't have "it" anymore.. I just haven't seen it yet.

So you think TO, right now, is as good as he has ever been? Talk about delusional. ols

To hasn't lost anything but his mind. He's still fast, but I think the physical play wears him down because he's lost the explosivness off the line. Jerry Rice was never fast to begin with and slowed down even more when he reached his late 30's, but he never lost his explosiveness and ability to get off the line. That's why Rice was able to play at a high level past 35. TO needs to get off the line to be successful and as DonCherry said, they need to put him in motion more if they want him to be the TO of old.

He looked fast as ever when he chased Felix Jones down the field to make a block a few weeks ago.

TOblocking-thumb-250x257.jpg

Straight Line speed doesn't go away first. The ability to get in and out of cuts is the first to go when you get older. That is the bread and butter for a NFL receiver. TO simply can't get off the line anymore. Why do you think that is?

The explosion/implosion is coming soon. You can just feel it in the air.

If it doesn't happen during the week, the Tampa game will do it. They'll completely shut him down.

I'll say it again, if I'm Snyder, I'm paying guys to go in and ask the prodding questions that will hasten his demise.

This is gonna be fun to watch. Everyone knows it's coming, even the Cowboy organization itself. They know it's just a matter of when, not if :).

That said as great of physical shape he is in his mental state seems the opposite.

I always believed it would be T.O.'s fragile ego that would finish him before his physical tools relented.

I have a bottle of pills in my cabinate he can borrow.:silly::silly::silly::silly:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived