Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

W

Larry

Anybody actually seen this thing?

I can't go see movies because of Mom. And even if I could, this wouldn't be one. (My gut says that if it were from Michael Moore it would have more credibility.)*

But I'm surprised nobody in here is talking about it.

The commercials make it look like a comedy. (Which might work, as long as they don't even attempt to claim to be honest.)

*And I've never seen a single Michael Moore movie, and don't intend to, because he's a liar.

you really think 300 was a biographical movie? its a legend and something passed down. W is still in office.

wow, you must be smoking what youre selling.

300 was based on a graphic novel that was more or less a re-imagined version of historical events.

W is a movie about the life of George W. Bush, based on historical events but also re-imagined to a good degree.

I might check it out a couple years from now. Don't need to be reminded of all the failures right now.

No one saw it. I mean it opened at #9 in the box office. I guess no one cares about a conservative comedy.

You don't need to go to the movies to see conservative comedy. There's been an 8 year show at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.

300 was based on a graphic novel that was more or less a re-imagined version of historical events.

W is a movie about the life of George W. Bush, based on historical events but also re-imagined to a good degree.

so what are you even arguing with me for? you bored?

we basically just said the same thing.

"how well does he know him?"

:doh:

By Oliver Stone

Comes out friday. I'll probably see it this weekend. Its supposed to be very very good.

I still want to see An American Carol. Anyone see that?

Looks like Stone wants to get on the anti-Bush bandwagon before he leaves office.

Would like to see American Carol (looks funny). But I am not going to pay $10 to see it. I will wait to see that when it comes to PPV via Direct TV.

Now the remake of The Day That The Earth Stood Still will look great on the big screen. That comes on on Dec 12.

Now the remake of The Day That The Earth Stood Still will look great on the big screen. That comes on on Dec 12.

I keep wondering why nobody's attempted to make a film of Arthur Clarke's Childhood's End. (IMO, the best book I've ever read.)

Although I console myself by thinking that a) I think it would be tough to do as a film, and B) my opinion of the book is so high that no matter what they did in the movie, I'd be ticked that they didn't do it better.

Oliver Stone has two good movies - Wall Street and Platoon. He hasn't done anything worthwhile since then - 20+ years. I think M. Night Shamayan(sp?) went to the same film school as he did, where they have a course titled "Direct two good movie, then produce crap the rest of your career."

Maybe he can get Charlie Sheen to star in one of his films again and actually produce a good movie. Another strange similiarity with Shamayan; ala Bruce Willis in Unbreakable and Sixth Sense.

so what are you even arguing with me for? you bored?

we basically just said the same thing.

"how well does he know him?"

:doh:

You're somehow angry (okay, you're always angry... but that's irrelevant) because you don't believe Oliver Stone knows GWB well enough to make a movie about him. I'm saying that you don't necessarily have to be well qualified about a subject to make a good movie about it.

A movie is not held to the same standards as a documentary, a movie only has to be entertaining.

my kind?

a blow job?

what the **** are you saying?

Oh, oh, oh... is it my turn yet?

President Clinton in the oval office with Monica Lewinski.

clue-game.jpg

didn't stop you and your kind from getting all worked up about a blow job.

I'm going to see it, and laugh hard. :laugh:

my kind?

a blow job?

what the **** are you saying?

He's a "self-employed", "made it on my own" kind of guy who just happens to hate Republican economic policies. He pretends to have it all, and he brags about it constantly but I think he now wants the handouts. I also take from past posts of his that he was picked on in high school a lot.

Archived