Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 Weeks In - Portis is NFL MVP

SkinzFan007

If you ask me, I think that there is little argument that Clinton Portis is the front runner for league MVP after 6 weeks of the season.

Breakdown:

-Leads the league in rushing

-Only rb averaging over 100 yards per game

-Second in rushing touchdowns with 6 (1 behind Ronnie Brown)

-2nd in the NFL in yards per carry for rbs over 100 carries

-1st in the NFL among rbs with first down carries

-1st in the NFL with 20+ yard runs

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

Season still has a long way to go but I must say that Clintons play has been exceptional so far and I can't wait to see from here forward.

LOL NO. MVP should come from a team winning his division. Giants ding ding ding. Portis has run the ball well but he does not score much unless its jumbo package. He is not breaking long runs for touchdowns.

give me a player on the giants that would have worthy numbers to give them a shot at MVP...dont say Eli because he isnt having a SPECTACULAR year

give me a player on the giants that would have worthy numbers to give them a shot at MVP...dont say Eli because he isnt having a SPECTACULAR year

I didnt even look at the stats....so Eli is behind Jason Campbell in passing yards and has same amount of TDs and 1 int. So it really cant be him. jacobs hasnt had a good year. It is a balanced attack on top of playing...

HORRIBLE TEAMS (week 1 was a fluke)

LOL NO. MVP should come from a team winning his division. Giants ding ding ding. Portis has run the ball well but he does not score much unless its jumbo package. He is not breaking long runs for touchdowns.

Do you know anything about football? :doh:

Do you know how many of LT's TD's two years ago were from inside the 10?

It's not about how long the runs are it's whether or not you get in. Ask the Eagles...

seriously did you actually use that as a counterargument?

Your a joke, Portis breaks off a 20+ yarder every game it seems like. I guess 100+ yards, 1 TD week in and week out isn't good enough.

But look out for Drew Brees to get the MVP if the Saints make the playoffs, dude is on fire.

I've never understood the thinking that a league MVP has to be on a winning or championship team. He was the most valuable player in the "League" meaning his stats were some of the best. Being MVP of the league has ZERO to do with the wins and losses of a team. Alexander Ovechkin won the MVP in the NHL because he scored the most goals, most points and was top 5 in assists and plus/minus, despite the fact that the Caps lost in the first round. Cal Ripken won the MVP for the Orioles in 1991 depite the team not even sniffing a playoff. The player doesn't need to lead his team to anything. It's based on his statistics, not his teams wins/losses. Cliff Lee will win AL Cy Young with 22 wins. Does he not deserve it because the Indians only won 74 games? Get real with this leading the team to whatever crap. If you are the best, you are the best despite how the team finishes.

You have made more moronic posts these last two days than I can count.

Didn't you guys hear? long runs for TD's are worth more points than regular TD runs.

And you wonder why someone called you a moron in another thread earlier today? When your words leave little to no doubt that you're mentally best suited to be the french fry drop guy at Micky D's, then yes, expect to be called on it. And know that we allow it. One of the principles ES was founded on was calling a dumb-ass a dumb-ass when, again, your words leave little doubt. Breaking long runs for touchdowns is as relevant to being MVP as starting a thread ****ing & moaning about free tickets is relevant to the sky being blue.

Projected stats:

1714 Rushing yards

168 Receiving yards

16 TDs

If he has a few games where he racks up a few touchdowns and keeps on pace with this current rushing trend, he's seriously got a shot. Drew Brees is really the only player right now that I can think of that's having a comparable season.

Archived