Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is today's game evidence that the offense needs to be more "explosive" ?

NoCalMike

Look, the team is going to have "off-days"

No team plays great 16 games a year.

We are going to have turnovers, they happen.

The problem I have is that our offense is not explosive enough to make up for it.

I hate to compare us to Dallas, but against Cinnci they played bad enough to lose, today through 2.5 quarters against Arizona they could easily be losing by more than one score.

I think the fact that they have a lot of explosion in their offense, is what bails them out of playing overall bad games. Have you ever noticed that no matter how Dallas or Indy or NE(well before this year) bad they play or get down in the game, as a viewer you ALWAYS are worried that they are "one pass" from either winning or getting back into the game?

The Redskins played a bad game today, but if you look at the stats, they still pretty much dominated the game on both ends of the ball.

The problem is that when this team gets down or when they are in a tight game, they don't seem to have the ability to get quick scores and fast.

Maybe they will eventually, I mean I am guilty of forgetting that this is the first year of a new offense, so I am sure there are plenty of plays in the book they are not ready for yet, especially considering Thomas & Kelley are barely getting on the field.

this isnt towards this thread but what a bunch of bi-polar azz people we have on here.

yes we lost. yes we should have beat this team. but....this is the nfl people. go rent any given sunday...thats some real shiet.

there is such a thing as a good loss...i think this is one of those.

Our offense was explosive today but everytime we took 1 step forward we took two steps back. If it wasnt a turnover it was a hodling penalty or something. I hope this game humbles this team. I am in no way jumping off the bandwagon now. I said all week that this was not a gurantee win because this is the nfl people.

I think JC takes Zero chances, thats why he has no Ints.....But thats also why he only has 5 tds in 6 games, Not very good TD numbers after 6 games, hes on pace for 15 tds which is Vince Young like

He takes chances, but when no routes for TDs, thats what happens. Randel El should have gotten in. Many of our routes are built for YAC yards yet again this year.

I was surprised we didn't take more shots down field during the game.

With the way Portis was pounding the ball that should set us up for some deep throws to Moss, and I think if we had gone out with that mentality at the beginning of the game we would have won.

Our offense has the weapons to be explosive but we need to give Campbell more time and he's obviously still learning this offense...as is everyone else.

Sloppy game overall, but we'll learn.

I think JC takes Zero chances, thats why he has no Ints.....But thats also why he only has 5 tds in 6 games, Not very good TD numbers after 6 games, hes on pace for 15 tds which is Vince Young like

its due to bad play calling...todays play calling was nothing like the past 3-3 1/2 games

I was surprised we didn't take more shots down field during the game.

With the way Portis was pounding the ball that should set us up for some deep throws to Moss, and I think if we had gone out with that mentality at the beginning of the game we would have won.

Our offense has the weapons to be explosive but we need to give Campbell more time and he's obviously still learning this offense...as is everyone else.

Sloppy game overall, but we'll learn.

yup, play action definitely would have killed 'em.

I've made this point in several other threads this last week, and I will continue to do so because it's a thought I hope many of us are holding with some sense of fun and positive antcipation/hope.

While we have already enjoyed some pretty fair returns on our new offense, we have yet to see even one of our three big rookie offensive players become a signifciant lead piece, or even important secondary role-player, as a part of it.

Obviously, there is there is the whole yet-to-be-proven-if-they-will-be-good-players thingy :) but you see what I'm saying.

Plus thtre's still the fact that (prior to this game) we have been giddily passing over somewhat--that we are still very early in learning and establishing desired proficiency in this new pass-offense system.

So, hopefully, even if the idea seems flat today, it would seem on paper that we still have much upside to realize. :cheers:

While we have already enjoyed some pretty fair returns on our new offense, we have yet to see even one of our three big rookie offensive players become a signifciant lead piece, or even important secondary role-player, as a part of it.

That actually kind of depresses me, considering James Avery is also a second round rookie.

Archived