Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If there is ONE THING I miss about G. Williams defense...

NoCalMike

It's the fact that he found ways to put pressure on the QB from other positions besides the D-line.

Look, in a perfect world with the perfect team, our D-line would be getting a sack or rushing the QB every single play.

The Fact is that most teams are not going to have a D-line capable of this.

From 2004-2007 G. Williams did recognize this and would use our Linebackers a lot, and it worked, and we still managed to stop the run, and clamp down on the pass.

Now, if you are asking if I would prefer Williams, NO. I don't mind Blache, but as far as being creative about blitzing and utilizing more defenders in getting to the QB, I think I prefer Williams.

Our Defense has always had problems clamping down at the end of a game and stopping a team from rallying. Whether it's GW or Blache, it's the same thing. Good enough Defense to keep you in a game but can't really rely on it to make stops late. Always give up big plays.

Yawn, revisionist history.

He is rushing 4 so there are more players down field to increase the possibility for turnovers.

The defense today Setup the offense for 7 easy points which were given back on Kendalls freak fumble return for a TD and held the Rams offense today to 12 points including forcing 3 and outs after two turnovers.

I actually thought today was our best game as of getting pressure on the QB.

In a sense, that's a bad thing. We got two sacks, but the overall pressure just wasn't there. Bulger had a lot of time to make most of his throws, and that's behind one of the league's worst offensive lines.

Archived