Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Obama and Friends: Judge Not?

hokie4redskins

I'm not from from IL and didn't vote for him. I could give a rats ass who wins a Senate seat for a state that I don't reside in. I could care less who he associates with, who his friends are, if his feet stink or if he doesn't believe in Jesus. I could care less!

I do care that he's running for POTUS and will be the CIC of the military in which I serve. I think if America elects him it will be a huge mistake and we'll continue on a downward spiral. I hope if he wins I'm wrong but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm right on this.

I know I've brought it up before on this board was told since I couldn't produce transcripts from the Tom Joyner show from years ago that he didn't say or act the way I said he did but the guy is chamelon and will say or do or act however or whatever it takes to win. He's shady and will destroy this country. It's an opinion and has nothing do with race, religion, party affilliation or anything else. It has to do with my gut and the uneasy feeling I get when I see and hear him talk. I'm not inspired at all.

What happened on Tom Joyner? I've listened to that show for years.

I'm not from from IL and didn't vote for him. I could give a rats ass who wins a Senate seat for a state that I don't reside in. I could care less who he associates with, who his friends are, if his feet stink or if he doesn't believe in Jesus. I could care less!

I do care that he's running for POTUS and will be the CIC of the military in which I serve. I think if America elects him it will be a huge mistake and we'll continue on a downward spiral. I hope if he wins I'm wrong but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm right on this.

I know I've brought it up before on this board was told since I couldn't produce transcripts from the Tom Joyner show from years ago that he didn't say or act the way I said he did but the guy is chamelon and will say or do or act however or whatever it takes to win. He's shady and will destroy this country. It's an opinion and has nothing do with race, religion, party affilliation or anything else. It has to do with my gut and the uneasy feeling I get when I see and hear him talk. I'm not inspired at all.

I'm sorry you feel that way but certainly hope you are wrong if he does win.

I don't know what you're referring to about the Tom Joyner show but I'm sure if it was something that terrible it would have come out in some form or another already.

I'm sorry you feel that way but certainly hope you are wrong if he does win.

I don't know what you're referring to about the Tom Joyner show but I'm sure if it was something that terrible it would have come out in some form or another already.

It's not what he said as much as how he said it. Let me rehash this one more time but again, without the transcript all you have is my word for it.

When Obama won his Senate seat I watched his speech afterward and was truly inspired by his words. I even recorded it and showed it to my wife. My exact words were "this is the guy, this guy can break down the barrier between races and the ones in our gov't". I too was inspired by his words.

A week or so later while driving to work I heard him on the Tom Joyner show and gone was the eloquence that impressed me. What I heard was words spoken in a way that maybe Rev Wright would speak them. What I heard when asked about race in America was this. "We've got a long way to go in America. THOSE people down there in the South have monuments of people who killed my people." I said to myself, what? Those people? Who are those people? Is he stereotyping an entire geographic reigion of America? Or at least all THOSE white people down there in the South.

He didn't say this while running for POTUS but he has a knack for generalizations doesn't he? "Those People clinging to god and guns". He doesn't come out and say it but you can feel it in his words. I think he privately or at least around like minded people believes in the words of Rev Wright. I have a feeling that his intentions aren't to unite but divide and make it about race. I feel he has an axe to grind and all of America while swooning to his pretty words can't see it. I get this picture of lemmings following him over a cliff.

I can't put my finger on it or point to any one thing specifically but it's right there under the surface I can just can't put a finger on it.

I think America is so sick of Bush and so enamored by his words that they are ignoring what's right in front of them. It's like people are putting him on a pedestal and hoping that he's going to be the saviour of us all. He ain't the messiah and it dangerous for people to hold him in such high regard.

I feel like were just waiting for it to all blow up in our faces.

It's not what he said as much as how he said it. Let me rehash this one more time but again, without the transcript all you have is my word for it.

When Obama won his Senate seat I watched his speech afterward and was truly inspired by his words. I even recorded it and showed it to my wife. My exact words were "this is the guy, this guy can break down the barrier between races and the ones in our gov't". I too was inspired by his words.

A week or so later while driving to work I heard him on the Tom Joyner show and gone was the eloquence that impressed me. What I heard was words spoken in a way that maybe Rev Wright would speak them. What I heard when asked about race in America was this. "We've got a long way to go in America. THOSE people down there in the South have monuments of people who killed my people." I said to myself, what? Those people? Who are those people? Is he stereotyping an entire geographic reigion of America? Or at least all THOSE white people down there in the South.

He didn't say this while running for POTUS but he has a knack for generalizations doesn't he? "Those People clinging to god and guns". He doesn't come out and say it but you can feel it in his words. I think he privately or at least around like minded people believes in the words of Rev Wright. I have a feeling that his intentions aren't to unite but divide and make it about race. I feel he has an axe to grind and all of America while swooning to his pretty words can't see it. I get this picture of lemmings following him over a cliff.

I can't put my finger on it or point to any one thing specifically but it's right there under the surface I can just can't put a finger on it.

I think America is so sick of Bush and so enamored by his words that they are ignoring what's right in front of them. It's like people are putting him on a pedestal and hoping that he's going to be the saviour of us all. He ain't the messiah and it dangerous for people to hold him in such high regard.

Ok. I didn't hear it. It must have been before I started listening to the show, or I just wasn't listening that particular day. Thanks for the recap.

I find it interesting that there is no recount of this event anywhere on the internet as far as I can tell. You would think this kind of thing would have come out a long time ago.

I find it interesting that there is no recount of this event anywhere on the internet as far as I can tell. You would think this kind of thing would have come out a long time ago.

Why would it come out? At the time he was a guy who was just elected Senator saying things the intended audience probably agreed with. Doesn't make it right.

I too have searched because I'd love to allow people to hear what I heard. Again, I wasn't looking for a reason to dislike the guy. At the time I was a huge fan of him but it just got under my skin.

Why do these generalizations go unchallenged? It isn't the first time he's done it so why does he get a pass? If McCain started throwing around generalizations about a certain race or demographic it would be HUGE news.

Don't know if this has been said but here goes.

If Obama was your 16 year old son and was hanging out with a kid (Ayers, not only associated with but an apparent "mentor") who you know for a fact was instigating attacks on other kids would want your kid hanging out with him?

If your kid was hanging around with a group of kids who were knowingly doing bad things and breaking laws (ACORN) would you want your kid hanging around them?

Would you want your kid following a kid who runs around school spewing hate (Wright, another apparent mentor until it wasn't politically beneficial to be associated with anymore) toward other students or the "white" principals or teachers?

Of course you wouldn't, if you're a good parent anyway. So you wouldn't want your kids running around with a bad crowd but it's not only okay but ignored when it comes to running the most powerful country in the world. Obama is given a free pass, why?

You honestly think all ties are cut? You don't think that as soon as he's elected he's not right back in bed with this scum? Let me guess, you don't give a **** as long as it's not Bush and his supposed cronie McCain. Spite will get you a long way in life. Vote on brothers! Vote on!

If I viewed these things through your eyes, I'm sure I would feel threatened too.

But I don't.

Obama isn't perfect, but he isn't the crazed monster that people are making him out to be. He's an ambitious guy who climbed his way to the top, and in Chicago, that means becoming acquainted with a ton of people that might have skeletons in their closets. It means joining the most politicially connected church on the South Side. It means being - well - a politician.

If you believe all the worst rumors, exaggerations and insinutions that can be made by political enemies on the Internet, no doubt you will become scared. Scared as hell.

But its silly to do that. I'm a liberal but I don't believe rumors on the Daily Kos. Likewise, yYou can be a conservative and not fall for Jerome Corsi baloney.

People LIE.

If I viewed these things through your eyes, I'm sure I would feel threatened too.

But I don't.

Obama isn't perfect, but he isn't the crazed monster that people are making him out to be. He's an ambitious guy who climbed his way to the top, and in Chicago, that means becoming acquainted with a ton of people that might have skeletons in their closets. It means joining the most politicially connected church on the South Side. It means being - well - a politician.

If you believe all the worst rumors, exaggerations and insinutions that can be made by political enemies on the Internet, no doubt you will become scared. Scared as hell.

But its silly to do that. I'm a liberal but I don't believe rumors on the Daily Kos. Likewise, yYou can be a conservative and not fall for Jerome Corsi baloney.

People LIE.

What have I mentioned that hasn't been proven factual?

On two occassions I've heard him generalize and stereotype, hell I'll just say it white people. Every white person in the south has a monument up of people that killed blacks? Every person clinging to god and guns is bad? How does that not send of an alarm in your head?

My eyes? What are my eyes? Because I'm a skeptic and I'm not enamored by his glitz and glam. I'm not drawn in to false hope by his pretty words? You know I usually respect your opinion but what eyes am I seeing him through?

By more than one source it's been reported that he tried smooth talking the Iraqi PM.

He first swore he'd never denounce Rev Wright until it proved political suicide.

I've heard with my own ears he generalizations of predominantly white people.

ACORN has been getting busted for being shady since 2005, year in and year out. He openly embraced them.

The only thing I'm not too sure about is just how far under the covers he was with Ayers.

Why does he continue to get a free pass from the media and not garner the scrutiny that everyone else gets? Why is it when someone raises the bull**** flag they're liars and just slinging mud? Not a chance any of it's true, right?

Come on Predicto, you're a level headed guy; it doesn't make you wonder just where this guys loyalty lies?

Here is the simple truth. If this were mccain and he had associtions like Obama, you can be darned sure it would be a much larger issue than it is right now.

Obama took money from someone who bombed the pentagon and said that he should have done more. Are you kidding me??

I think that association alone trumps any kind of lobbiest ties McCain might have.

Here is the simple truth. If this were mccain and he had associtions like Obama, you can be darned sure it would be a much larger issue than it is right now.

Obama took money from someone who bombed the pentagon and said that he should have done more. Are you kidding me??

I think that association alone trumps any kind of lobbiest ties McCain might have.

Stop it! How dare you insinuate that Obama is getting preferential treatement by the media and continually given a free pass. Accountability? That's nonsense. His friends, mentors and associates have nothing to do with his stance on issues. He's a standup guy who is above influence.

Didn't you hear? He recently took a dump that smelled like roses and there's this funny shaped star that's started appearing in the sky since recieving the nod for candidacy. ;)

Stop it! How dare you insinuate that Obama is getting preferential treatement by the media and continually given a free pass. Accountability? That's nonsense. His friends, mentors and associates have nothing to do with his stance on issues. He's a standup guy who is above influence.

Didn't you hear? He recently took a dump that smelled like roses and there's this funny shaped star that's started appearing in the sky since recieving the nod for candidacy. ;)

:allhail:

....2 - The association between Ayers and Obama couldn't be more flimsy. Same board.....
Ayers approved of Obama....

One unsettled question is how Mr. Obama, a former community organizer fresh out of law school, could vault to the top of a new foundation? In response to my questions, the Obama campaign issued a statement saying that Mr. Ayers had nothing to do with Obama's "recruitment" to the board. The statement says Deborah Leff and Patricia Albjerg Graham (presidents of other foundations) recruited him. Yet the archives show that, along with Ms. Leff and Ms. Graham, Mr. Ayers was one of a working group of five who assembled the initial board in 1994. Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122212856075765367.html

Ayers approved of Obama....

One unsettled question is how Mr. Obama, a former community organizer fresh out of law school, could vault to the top of a new foundation? In response to my questions, the Obama campaign issued a statement saying that Mr. Ayers had nothing to do with Obama's "recruitment" to the board. The statement says Deborah Leff and Patricia Albjerg Graham (presidents of other foundations) recruited him. Yet the archives show that, along with Ms. Leff and Ms. Graham, Mr. Ayers was one of a working group of five who assembled the initial board in 1994. Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122212856075765367.html

And I bet the KKK approves of John McCain.

If the KKK were to endorse McCain, would that make him a white supremest?

Obviously not.

.....If the KKK were to endorse McCain, would that make him a white supremest?

Obviously not.

You miss the point

People want to say "OH...they just sat on a board together"

Nope

Ayers picked Obama and Obama accepted

Maybe the question isn't......what does Obama see in Ayers

Maybe the question IS..........WHAT DOES AN UNREPENTANT DOMESTIC TERRORIST SEE IN OBAMA?!?!

You miss the point

People want to say "OH...they just sat on a board together"

Nope

Ayers picked Obama

Maybe the question isn't......what does Obama see in Ayers?

Maybe the question IS..........WHAT DOES AN UNREPENTANT DOMESTIC TERRORIST SEE IN OBAMA?!?!

The real question is.

What are you going to do when Obama wins?

I also think the most ironic thing about this that rarely gets mentioned is this:

Obama is HALF WHITE and was raised by the WHITE half of his family. I find it hard to believe that Wright is this huge racist against whites and/or that Obama would share these views. What you're basically asking me to do is believe that Obama doesn't care that this Reverend is hateful of an entire side of his family - the people that raised him. I don't buy it.

And Hitler was a jew...

As far as white folks in that congregation, there are self-hating people of all stripes all over the world that do things that don't really make much sense. Just because you see white folks sitting in those pews doesn't mean that Wright isn't racist. He is. If you think otherwise, you're deluding yourself.

Yes, absolutely positively.

Time to say goodbye to this thread, it's turning into a "my dad would beat up your dad" arguement.

Well, we can at least talk about what our dads did ...

I know you highly value military service, and Gore's service, while not particularly noteworthy, was more significant than Bush's. He volunteered for the army, went through basic training, and served in Vietnam in an Engineering Brigade.

He vocally supported the first Iraq War in '91, and was pretty influential in getting other Democrats to vote for it.

I don't know if a Gore administration would have been dramatically better in all aspects, but he certainly would have prosecuted the War on Terror aggressively, and I think we would be much further along with alternative energy. It's just hard to imagine everything turning out as badly as it has for Bush.

I think the best candidate for the past eight years would really have been John McCain, who would have gone into Afghanistan with large numbers and would not have stopped until the job was done. He would not have invaded Iraq until he could get the troop numbers he would have wanted. McCain would have been more careful about torture and civil liberties issues than anyone. He did eventually influence the administration to support the surge and to back off a little bit on torture, but now in 2008, we have new problems, and McCain is the wrong President to clean up Bush's mess.

It's funny how history seems to place people in the wrong place at the wrong times...

Archived