Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Obama and Friends: Judge Not?

hokie4redskins

So what you're asking is for us (Obama supporters) to agree with you. :) And if we don't we are "drinking" the Obama Kool-Aid.

I'm not saying you have to agree with anything, just acknowledge what's right in front of you. I'm a firm believer that anything in excess is bad for you so sip the koolaid and quit guzzling it. ;)

Assuming you are correct...We can still place Value on these associations and compare

An Unrepentant Domestic Terrorist carries a lot of weight

So does a Racist Minister

Which terrorist?

The one Obama knows, or the one Palin's husband follows?

You aren't going to find any one of them better than any other one when it comes to who they've associated with.

it's 2008. The world has been F'd for a while now, and no matter what, if you're a viable enough politician to be a candidate for the presidency, you've got associations and skeletons in your past with people who aren't so savory. You simply cannot swim in the cesspool that is politics and world diplomacy without getting something on you.

And it's going to be that way for the rest of your life.

So while one guy's contacts leave you worried and weighing their potential dangers, the other guy's contacts and associations are just as scary.

And left or right or in the middle, it's US who are caught between it. As they so wonderfully put it on South Park, we're always given the choice between a giant douche and a **** sandwich.

While you may think the **** sandwich is a better choice, don't tell yourself that it tastes better, because it doesn't.

Just hold your nose and swallow it like the rest of us. :D

~Bang

Which terrorist?

You aren't going to find any one of them better than any other one......

Which one is worse?

“Guilty as hell, free as a bird. America is a great country”, he [Ayers] said.” August 2001, Chicago Magazine [article: No Regrets].

http://forthardknox.com/2008/10/06/bill-ayers-the-wonderful-marxist-murder-co-conspirator/

Go to link to see Ayers standing on the American Flag

Cool picture for you "Blame America Firsters"........ not saying you are Bang

Which terrorist?

You aren't going to find any one of them better than any other one when it comes to who they've associated with.

it's 2008. The world has been F'd for a while now, and no matter what, if you're a viable enough politician to be a candidate for the presidency, you've got associations and skeletons in your past with people who aren't so savory. You simply cannot swim in the cesspool that is politics and world diplomacy without getting something on you.

And it's going to be that way for the rest of your life.

So while one guy's contacts leave you worried and weighing their potential dangers, the other guy's contacts and associations are just as scary.

And left or right or in the middle, it's US who are caught between it. As they so wonderfully put it on South Park, we're always given the choice between a giant douche and a **** sandwich.

While you may think the **** sandwich is a better choice, don't tell yourself that it tastes better, because it doesn't.

Just hold your nose and swallow it like the rest of us. :D

~Bang

I'm not putting McCain on a pedestal though Bang. They're all dirty but people need to call it what it is and quit acting like he's the messiah. That's all I'm saying. He's a duck by god!

**** kool-aid. i want some purple drink!!

You should be able to appreciate this Mike.

Two weeks ago we had to prefer charges on a kid for Court Martial. He's accused of trying to procure and sell "purple drank" or "sizzurp". My Commander is reading over the charges and was like "do I really have to say purple drank and sizzurp"? The JA told him he did in fact have to say it because that's what was in the charges. Hearing this full bird say this had me in tears. Of course when the time came it was all business but it was freaking riot up to that point. Being a First Sgt is going to be fun. :)

Two weeks ago we had to prefer charges on a kid for Court Martial. He's accused of trying to procure and sell "purple drank" or "sizzurp". My Commander is reading over the charges and was like "do I really have to say purple drank and sizzurp"? The JA told him he did in fact have to say it because that's what was in the charges. Hearing this full bird say this had me in tears. Of course when the time came it was all business but it was freaking riot up to that point. Being a First Sgt is going to be fun. :)

sippin on sizurp!! hahahahah..i dont think i could have been in that room.

I'm not putting McCain on a pedestal though Bang. They're all dirty but people need to call it what it is and quit acting like he's the messiah. That's all I'm saying. He's a duck by god!

On this we'll agree.

I hope they're wrong, simply because the country does need help, but I sincerely expect the usual disappointment.

Gawd, I sound like MSF.

Fetch my flail woman! Daddy's gone a-votin'!

~Bang

Bang - I applaud your comments (likely because I reached the same conclusions). Others in here are still playing the "but who is worse" game.

That's exactly the game that the Democrat and Republican parties want us all to play.

As long as we lurch from one to another, voting for the lesser or two evils, or drinking the coolaid in blind hope, they have us in their power. Governing us instead of the way the Constitution laid out for it to be (us governing them).

I will continue to say it. If all candidates are flawed, and the best we can do is "vote for the lesser of two evils", or for a candidate representing a faded (in practice) party ideology, then it behooves us as rational creatures to explore the 3rd party candidates who exactly match the same criteria.

Good stuffs. :laugh: You're gonna be a great First Sgt.

BTW, brother, if it might help lighten your outlook a bit, and utlooks on all sides, to remind ourselves of something common sense should confirm: both sides, just as in Bush vs Gore, have huge number of AMERICANS who are bright, ethical, experienced, freedom-loving, patriotic, wonderful hard-working folk who find solid reasons to support their candidate. Sure, there are plenty of less quality-laden folks :D who follow any side for less admirable reasons.

Usually, when we can't see that, it's because we aren't trying hard enough, which is fine. We may demand someone force-feed us a rebuttal to some insistence on our part that "you'd have to be a fool to like "x", as well as demanding a rebuttal of any number of very firm feelings (key word) we have based on who/what we view as "the way it is" on any number of matters.

When in truth, many people have asked and answered in their own way all such questions that all sides are throwing at each other about who they back with more than just dismissal or blind allegiance. We don't have to agree, or even get close. But it can be mood-lightenting to step back and "get this."

The frustration that over half the country gets it wrong every four years is a part of life. :silly:

But it's how effectively we employ our own critical thinking skills, challenge our own statements/assumptions/conclusions/beliefs (especially broad sweeping generalizations about other individuals or groups) and regulate our own emotional reactivity that affects our perceptions, which influences our mood and becomes the basis for our positions and our whole worldview.

There is a lot of genuine ugly and stupid on both sides, I'm not trying to pretend otherwise. And society is reflected in the tailgate, too, of course, within its own unique fliters.

So send $375 for my whole series of "Understanding Your Inner Genius and Outer Goofus and Learning to Accept Your Fellow Goofi" on DVD :D

On this we'll agree.

I hope they're wrong, simply because the country does need help, but I sincerely expect the usual disappointment.

Gawd, I sound like MSF.

Fetch my flail woman! Daddy's gone a-votin'!

~Bang

I think I just peed myself. :notworthy

I hope I'm wrong too, I really do. I'm really torn right now. I don't want more of the same but for the most part the same people are still in Washington no matter who the POTUS is. I for one have never and never will place the blame for the state of our Nation on one mans shoulders.

I want a change but not for the sake of change. I want a change for the better but I don't know that either candidate running for POTUS can give us that change. I honestly don't know who gives us the best chance at success over the next 4 years. I dunno

Good stuffs. :laugh: You're gonna be a great First Sgt.

BTW, brother, if it might help lighten your outlook a bit, and utlooks on all sides, to remind ourselves of something common sense should confirm: both sides, just as in Bush vs Gore, have huge number of AMERICANS who are bright, ethical, experienced, freedom-loving, patriotic, wonderful hard-working folk who find solid reasons to support their candidate. Sure, there are plenty of less quality-laden folks :D who follow any side for less admirable reasons.

Usually, when we can't see that, it's because we aren't trying hard enough, which is fine. We may demand someone force-feed us a rebuttal to some insistence on our part that "you'd have to be a fool to like "x", as well as demanding a rebuttal of any number of very firm feelings (key word) we have based on who/what we view as "the way it is" on any number of matters.

When in truth, many people have asked and answered in their own way all such questions that all sides are throwing at each other about who they back with more than just dismissal or blind allegiance. We don't have to agree, or even get close. But it can be mood-lightenting to step back and "get this."

The frustration that over half the country gets it wrong every four years is a part of life. :silly:

But it's how effectively we employ our own critical thinking skills, challenge our own statements/assumptions/conclusions/beliefs (especially broad sweeping generalizations about other individuals or groups) and regulate our own emotional reactivity that affects our perceptions, which influences our mood and becomes the basis for our positions and our whole worldview.

There is a lot of genuine ugly and stupid on both sides, I'm not trying to pretend otherwise. And society is reflected in the tailgate, too, of course, within its own unique fliters.

So send $375 for my whole series of "Understanding Your Inner Genius and Outer Goofus and Learning to Accept Your Fellow Goofi" on DVD :D

I know where you're coming from Jumbo but it just irritates me to see people swooning all over Obama like he's Elvis Presley or the Beatles. I think it's irresponsible for so many people to put so much hope and faith into a man, just a man by the way, that most know nothing about except for the words that come out of his mouth. I feel that most are setting themselves up for a serious let down. Has he done enough as a politician to garner such praise and admiration?

I admit I'm not an expert on either candidate but I know when something doesn't seem right and there's just something shady about the man. I've never claimed to be the smartest guy or a political saavy person. I like to think I bring a working man's POV into the conversation. I think leadership and experience trumps brain power 9 out of 10 times. There's some extremely smart people here on ES and I try my best to learn something from the board whenever I can.

I've never intended to question someones intelligence or lack there of because of their allegiance to a candidate. I just question the ease they shrug off obvious associations with people that are anything but good people. I've said it time and time again, you sleep with dogs and you're gonna get fleas. In my mind this should raise a red flag with people, key word, my mind.

By the way, you mind if I write you in for POTUS. ;)

Well it shows both how disciplined they are, and how slow they are to adjust.

I think they had this planned since the Convention to start talking about Ayers and Rev. Wright in October. But they didn't expect the stock market crash, and they did not have a plan B. So now they're stuck with this strategy of talking about these trivial things when there are much more serious issues that America wants to hear about.

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Actually, I think the GOP hoped they wouldn't HAVE to bring up William Ayers to win this thing. It should be obvious to anyone that having these associations would foil a Republican candidate and should have foiled Obama in the primaries.

People don't care? People don't have values if they don't care. This guy's organization put a bomb in a judge's house where a 9 year old boy was sleeping... And he says "we didn't do enough"... If Obama had any scruples of his own, he wouldn't have spent 5 minutes in this guys presence...

Archived