Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are McCain events becoming lynching pep rallies?

Cooked Crack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ever since McCain's campaign went 100% negative, I've been uncomfortable with what I'm hearing. Seems like everyday they continue their race and fear mongering. Messages that pretty much account to Obama isn't one of us to a sea of white faces. McCain keeps coming off more and more like a sleaze. Some examples and I know I'm missing quite a few, I expect there to be more if they continue this way.

As seen at recent McCain events, this afternoon's crowd was vocal in their support for McCain and their anger with Senator Obama. At one point one man could be heard yelling, "Off with his head," when McCain spoke about Obama's tax plan. That enthusiasm was even more present during Palin's remarks, and as other observers have reported in the past, today there was a sizeable number of people making their way towards the exit after McCain's running mate left the podium.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/08/1517943.aspx

"And, according to the New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and our U.S. Capitol,'" she continued.

"Boooo!" the crowd repeated.

"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/06/in_fla_palin_goes_for_the_roug.html

McCain was speaking today in New Mexico, doing his usual personal attack on Barack Obama, as the stock market plummeted (you can see the ticker next to McCain on the screen, an apt reminder of what McCain and his fellow Republicans represent), and McCain asked the crowd "who is Barack Obama?" Immediately you hear someone yell "terrorist." McCain pauses, the audience laughs, and McCain continues on, not acknowledging, not chastising, not correcting. Oh, but McCain does say in the next sentence that he's upset about all the "angry barrage of insults."

http://www.americablog.com/2008/10/mccain-does-nothing-as-crowd-member.html

So McCain is a bad person because a few individuals make inflammatory remarks about Obama?

McCain is a bad person cause his campaign right now is all about playing on these fears. How many death threats were made by McCain's crowds last week or any other week before this one? I'm guessing zero(I haven't seen any stories that suggest otherwise). When the terrorist comment was made, McCain obviously heard it but didn't say anything. That comment actually got a big laugh too.

I would suggest you change your thread title, since nothing in the links you provided say that. But, more importantly, your use of the word "lynching" is race baiting and I don't see anywhere where the insults at these rallies had any racial slurs.

I would suggest you change your thread title, since nothing in the links you provided say that. But, more importantly, your use of the word "lynching" is race baiting and I don't see anywhere where the insults at these rallies had any racial slurs.

nor was anyone literally lynched.

The whole Obama isn't one of us, he's got a funny name. Two times this week in their rallies they decided to start saying the Hussein in his name to ignite the crowd.

So Obama's own words, "They're going to tell you he has a funny name. They're going to tell you he doesn't look like the other presidents on the dollar bill...Oh, and did I mention he's black?" make McCain a racist?

Very, very weak.

You said DAILY McCain uses race mongering. Cite one example, or stop being the ACTUAL race baiter.

This is disgusting.

Those quotes you provided prove to me that they're using race big time to demean Obama. And guess what McCain's supporters do? Every time you point that out, you're "playing the race card". I find the statement "playing the race card" to be, well, racist. Any time you say anything about republicans using race to win this election, you're "playing the race card".

Not changing the title. I made that statement two days ago and it seems like everyday it continues. The actions at these rallies make me uncomfortable.

At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/06/AR2008100602935.html

So Obama's own words, "They're going to tell you he has a funny name. They're going to tell you he doesn't look like the other presidents on the dollar bill...Oh, and did I mention he's black?" make McCain a racist?

I said his campaign is race mongering. Never said McCain was racist but that's the crowd he's playing to. His campaign is playing to the Sean Hannity's of the world instead of the American people.

Obama is the only one that is saying that he doesn't look like the presidents on currency and other race baiting comments as elaborated above. McCain hasn't said anything like this.

I think that race is a huge issue in this election, but not coming from McCain's side. Its coming from the left.

Really quite amusing. People yell inflammatory, racist, and threatening stuff at McCain rallies. McCain clearly hears at least some of it and says nothing. Guy on extremeskins exaggerates and says this is happening every day. ES conservatives decide the guy on Extremeskins is disgusting. :doh:

You're going to have idiots on both sides.

Doesn't excuse McCain for running a negative campaign BUT you can't link him to the vulgar junk some of his supporters spew.

We don't want people associating Ayers comments with Obama, right? Then don't be a hypocrite and hit on McCain for things his supporters are saying.

Saying that "Off with his head!" is a death threat is pretty weak, unless the speaker was Henry VIII.

Oh yeah I forgot that's just a term of endearment.

Obama is the only one that is saying that he doesn't look like the presidents on currency and other race baiting comments as elaborated above. McCain hasn't said anything like this..

Let's be serious here what do you think go into people's mind when they start saying Obama "isn't like us" and continue to bring up that he's ethnic. Obama prediction was right.

I said his campaign is race mongering. Never said McCain was racist but that's the crowd he's playing to. His campaign is playing to the Sean Hannity's of the world instead of the American people.

So by catering to people you disagree with, he's organizing lynching parties and a "daily race monger?"

This is why I get so pissed off about race issues surrounding this election. You use BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S very own words, assign them to the McCain campaign, and basically call him a hate monger -- BASED ON BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S WORDS!!!!

Idiocy.

Those quotes you provided prove to me that they're using race big time to demean Obama. And guess what McCain's supporters do? Every time you point that out, you're "playing the race card". I find the statement "playing the race card" to be, well, racist. Any time you say anything about republicans using race to win this election, you're "playing the race card".

The white guy apologizes for asking for supporting facts before damning someone as a racist. (Please note that the supporting facts have STILL not been provided. And that he used OBAMA'S OWN WORDS, as support for his lie.)

Obama successfully pinned HIS words on McCain, and it's a crying shame that some people are so stupid/gullible as to buy it.

His quote was straight from Barack Hussein Obama.

You're going to have idiots on both sides.

Doesn't excuse McCain for running a negative campaign BUT you can't link him to the vulgar junk some of his supporters spew.

We don't want people associating Ayers comments with Obama, right? Then don't be a hypocrite and hit on McCain for things his supporters are saying.

He's the one igniting this junk.Find me a McCain rally before this week were people were calling for Obama to killed. They know exactly what they are doing.

Let's be serious here what do you think go into people's mind when they start saying Obama "isn't like us" and continue to bring up that he's ethnic. Obama prediction was right.

This is the second time you've tried to advance this lie.

Post the quote from McCain from a reputable source, or STFU.

Where did he say Obama is ethnic?

Obama's a liar on this issue, and so are you.

Well, you should, because I'm about to report your post to the mods. Not sure what action they'll take, if any, but it's possible you'll be put into "No New Thread" status. You can't say I didn't warn you.

Meh... he asked a question. He might be 'mongering' with it, but its a question not a declaration.

Archived