Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are McCain events becoming lynching pep rallies?

Cooked Crack

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have never seen someone's middle named used by so many other people when said person doesn't use it himself. Seriously, you don't call him John Sydney (snicker) McCain, why add Hussein???? That seems like pandering to me.

Why do you care? If you feel the need, use McCain's middle name... I'm sure he's not worried about it..

Are you afraid of "muslims" too...

He's the one igniting this junk.Find me a McCain rally before this week were people were calling for Obama to killed. They know exactly what they are doing.

I disagree.

I guarantee there were people on both sides who felt this way against the opposing candidates long before this.

I'm an Obama supporter, yes, but I'm not willing to make myself look like an ass like those who continue to play the race card.

Why do you care? If you feel the need, use McCain's middle name?

Are you afraid of "muslims" too...

I think its an obvious ploy and a played out corny one as well... not to mention below the level of intelligence of some posters using the tactic. If it wasn't for the fact that his middle name was Hussein I GUARANTEE 95% of America wouldn't even know what it is let alone use it to make 'suggestions'.

That's over the top although I do think the McCain campaign has taken a turn for the worse.

I do think right wing paranoia has a dark history in this country going back to Joe McCarthy. Loosely throwing around terms like "terrorist" and "commie" the way Palin and McCain's brother do (respectively) is not good for the country. In fact it's not even good for their campaign despite the fact that they've been told it is. It's inciteful, it foments people's anger and misguides it towards the wrong people for a perceived political gain.

I think its an obvious ploy and a played out corny one as well... not to mention below the level of intelligence of some posters using the tactic. If it wasn't for the fact that his middle name was Hussein I GUARANTEE 95% of America wouldn't even know what it is let alone use it to make 'suggestions'.

So to you, his middle name is something he should be ashamed of?

It's a rhetorical question (i.e. a declaration) and you know it.

You're probably right... but its a technicality that would get him off in court and, I think, out of NNT. But, then again, I ain't a mod... just a guy avoiding finishing my paper that is due in the morning. :cool:

So by catering to people you disagree with, he's organizing lynching parties and a "daily race monger?"

This is why I get so pissed off about race issues surrounding this election. You use BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S very own words, assign them to the McCain campaign, and basically call him a hate monger -- BASED ON BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S WORDS!!!!

Idiocy..

Barack was predicting what would happen and it seems like he was pretty good at it. Again he's been catering to his base all this time and I never felt this way. It's just now he's catering to the extremes of his base and it's taking a turn into very ugly territory. These people are feeling extremely comfortable at his rallies. I keep saying this but show me one death threat before this week.

So Obama's own words, "They're going to tell you he has a funny name. They're going to tell you he doesn't look like the other presidents on the dollar bill...Oh, and did I mention he's black?" make McCain a racist?

Very, very weak.

You said DAILY McCain uses race mongering. Cite one example, or stop being the ACTUAL race baiter.

This is disgusting.

Good job!!!

If he's going to race-bait with lies in order to piss me off, then I'm going to respond in kind by *gasp* using a man's name.

This thread is horse****, based on horse****, posted by.......a confused ESer.

You're probably right... but its a technicality that would get him off in court and, I think, out of NNT. But, then again, I ain't a mod... just a guy avoiding finishing my paper that is due in the morning. :cool:

Well, the mods will decide. I just reported his thread.

Now get back to that paper. :silly:

If he's going to race-bait with lies in order to piss me off, then I'm going to respond in kind by *gasp* using a man's name.

This thread is horse****, based on horse****, posted by.......a confused ESer.

That's fine (and I agree), just don't act like you're above these ****ty ass tactics the next time you get called on it. 'He did it first' ain't going to cut it.

Barack was predicting what would happen and it seems like he was pretty good at it. Again he's been catering to his base all this time and I never felt this way. It's just now he's catering to the extremes of his base and it's taking a turn into very ugly territory. These people are feeling extremely comfortable at his rallies. I keep saying this but show me one death threat before this week.

I'm not going to ask you a fourth time.

You fail. And YOU further the race issues in this country by posting unsupported LIES and pinning them on people arbitrarily.

You said three times that McCain is race baiting and that he personally made those comments. The onus is on you to support your lies or shut up. Period.

I haven't made any bull**** claims in this thread. When I do, call me on it. Until then, it's up to you to tell the truth or apologize, IMO.

Don't think I even came close to suggesting that. You know what I am saying and I ain't playing this game with you any more...

You are missing the point.... Do you really think that anyone is swayed by his middle name?

The people on the right were not going to vote for him anyway. The people on the left "should" be celebrating Obama's diversity rather than being so afraid someone might think he's a muslim....:2cents:

This is the second time you've tried to advance this lie.

Post the quote from McCain from a reputable source, or STFU.

Where did he say Obama is ethnic?

Obama's a liar on this issue, and so are you.

BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — For the second time in three days, a rally for the Republican presidential ticket invoked Democrat Barack Obama's middle name, Hussein, in an attempt to add to doubts about his background, faith and campaign.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5glI7UtjQLctRJGUYNpAuFHulunKgD93MGO581

I'm glad McCain doesn't codone it but I find it hard to believe that this happening twice in one week is really a coincidence.

That's fine (and I agree), just don't act like you're above these ****ty ass tactics the next time you get called on it. 'He did it first' ain't going to cut it.

Oh, except all the cheering Obama supporters in the "Obama's Ads Going Negative" threads.

Cry me a river.

But as you pointed out, I'm not intelligent anyway. What do you expect?

BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — For the second time in three days, a rally for the Republican presidential ticket invoked Democrat Barack Obama's middle name, Hussein, in an attempt to add to doubts about his background, faith and campaign.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5glI7UtjQLctRJGUYNpAuFHulunKgD93MGO581

I'm glad McCain doesn't codone it but I find it hard to believe that this happening twice in one week is really a coincidence.

Why doesn't Obama have his middle name changed if he's so ashamed of it?

You are missing the point.... Do you really think that anyone is swayed by his middle name?

The people on the right were not going to vote for him anyway. The people on the left "should" be celebrating Obama's diversity rather than being so afraid someone might think he's a muslim....:2cents:

h_h admited that he was 'race baiting' in kind.

Oh, except all the cheering Obama supporters in the "Obama's Ads Going Negative" threads.

Cry me a river.

But as you pointed out, I'm not intelligent anyway. What do you expect?

Huh? You misread my post - I said the tactic was below your intelligence. In other words, I think you're smarter than this BS.

Archived