Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com Power Rankings = Redskins #2

#98QBKiller

Didn't see it posted yet...all I can say is Hip Hip Hoooraaayyyy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/10/08/week.6/index.html?eref=T1

redskins_45.gifLast Week: 3

Washington Redskins (4-1)

Ta daaaa, and up and over we go, over the unbeaten Titans, who won Sunday, into the silver medal spot. They beat a finesse team, the Cowboys, and they out-toughed the hardnosed Eagles. Jim Zorn's got them flying around like maniacs...and don't forget, he's doing it with assistants who already were in place when he got the job.

We're mentioned in the Titans paragraph too:

Tennessee Titans (5-0)

Yes, I am aware of the fact that they came up with the win and dropped a spot. I think even rabid, or at least mildly aroused, Titans fans will agree that Washington's victory over the Iggles was a firmer achievement than Tennessee's victory over Baltimore. You won't agree? Well, I 'm very sorry but this is my game, my rules.

we've won a few games...wake me up in nov. not being pessemistic, but each game is its own. we've won nothing yet...i like being the underdog.

I like being the underdog too, but you said we haven't earned the praise. How does beating two tough division teams, on the road, back-to-back weekends not = earning the praise?

you cannot undo a decade's + worth of calamity with a few wins on the road.

we've been impressive for a few weeks...played tough...played not to lose and have been extremely resieliant.

all i'm saying is there's a track record for our foes...and a track record for us. if you follow the recent trends, well, we're a step away from a land mine against st louis.

i love the respect we're getting. i think we're playing okay...we're winning while still learning the offense. i'm just not ready to place the nfc banner at fedex just yet.

another question...if we really don't believe what the pundits say about us...are dallas and philly really that good? obviously, it's hard to go in and win against a div rival...but really, are they as good as adverstised?

I'm not used to all the attention....I do crack a smile when I hear everyone gushing over us, but I'm not very comfortable with it. We have been underachievers that over acheive for several seasons now. I'd like to think that we are coming full circle and the foundation that Gibbs 2.0 laid down is starting to support us. I have in the past found that type of thinking dangerous. I get pumped up only to come crashing down. I'm one of the guys that has said that Z is going to be a very good coach for us. I also thought that at some point this season Colt would be the starter, so what do I know. What I know is that winning these games has been great and scary.

On second thought...you know what, **** it. We're playing great and I'm gonna ****ing enjoy it. I have not felt this good about a skins team since the last time we won it all. HAIL to the SKINS and ****the RAMS, BROWNS, LIONS, STEELERS, COWBOYS, SEAHAWKS, GIANTS, RAVENS, BENGALS, EAGLES, and 49ERS!!! Get ready cause we're coming....now that feels better!

another question...if we really don't believe what the pundits say about us...are dallas and philly really that good? obviously, it's hard to go in and win against a div rival...but really, are they as good as adverstised?

I think they were initially overrated, especially Philly. There's no denying that Dallas has a good team offensively but can their defense really stop anyone?

For the most part, divison games are tough no matter the team or record. That's why you would see a team like the Texans giving Indy a scare in previous seasons when Indy was a SB team and the Texans were coming off of the #1 draft pick.

winning 2 games in the toughest division in football aka NFC East on the road in a row with a total of winning 4 games in a row overall does earn us a top 3 spot.

Jim Zorn in 4 games has turned the past decade of crap around. believe it.

-Norv Turner is not our coach anymore.

-with 50 seconds left before half... we are no longer taking a knee. we attack to score points.

-Jason Campbell > Mark Brunell, Brad Johnson, Gus Frerotte and the rest of em...

-Clinton Portis carries the rock

-we can come back after momentum swings or point deficits IN THE TOUGHEST PLACES (Dallas 3rd quarter TD to tie it at 17) (Phili goin up by 14pts in the 4th) past Redskin teams would have crumbled... not this team. not Jason Campbell, not Clinton Portis, not Tanaman, not Fletch, not Landry, not Springs, not Rogers... not ZORN. not this team. this team has been through it all. There are no STARS on this team. The rising star passed away. (RIP ST) We will win the games we are expected to win, and we'll beat the teams no one thinks we will... we already beat 4 teams we weren't supposed to beat already.

i still take the nfc east against the field for my $...still think philly and dal may be overrated. to say nothing of the fact that i really think the nyg are tremendously underrated, though it seams they are finally getting some due.

anyways, and i'm sure folks are probably confused about my "nfc east is the best, but dallass and philly are overrated, and obtw, nyg are underrated,"...this is what happens when brady goes down...peyton's colts aren't performing...yet...and well, the nfc sucks...well...you guessed it...outside of the nfc east. :)

Guest Roger_Haggins

im not used to all the attention, but hey it feels hella good. i just can't wait til we play the giants again.

we've won a few games...wake me up in nov. not being pessemistic, but each game is its own. we've won nothing yet...i like being the underdog.

Power rankings are not about seasonal expectations.

They are supposed to be a baromoter of how teams are doing in the moment.

Which is why one is released every week.

All this ranking says is that as of right now, THIS WEEK, the Redskins are the second best team in the league, as far as how good they are playing.

Hopefully, it will continue. :)

Archived