Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about a key play

skns4life

Hopefully this is considered "thread worthy"...

But on the 3rd and 1 play right before our converted 4th and 1 play, (the play with 1:10 left)

th_RedskinsFinalDrive.jpg

how come Asante Samuel wasn't called for defensive holding or pass interference when the play was clearly a pass and James Thrash was clearly past the 5 yard bump cushion?! I know its pointless to think of "what if's" considering its Wednesday and we won the game... but I'm just curious because these ref's f'd us big time in this game!

I know we're 4-1 but all our wins have been nail biters when they really shouldn't have been. In the game against the Cards, the ref's took away D. Thomas' TD which would have closed the game out. Against the Cowboys, they took away 2 TD's on back to back plays where both calls were iffy. Against the Eagles, the refs gave them a PR TD in which the penalty was so blatantly clear, and then blew ARE down where it wasn't clear ten seconds after he got up and when they realized only one player was chasing after him!

I know I know, we won all those games and I'm extremely happy. But all this just goes to show that we indeed have a better team than everyone thinks because our margins of victory should be bigger which shows more dominance, and many of our players would have better stats if these ref's hadn't blown these calls!

HTTR!!!:point2sky

Yeah Im not sure how they didnt call illegal contact on that. Maybe because the ball was thrown out of bounds? Not sure. The punt return TD penalty has my mind blown though. How do you get Khary Campbell blocking in the back on that play?

I think I speak for the ENTIRE LEAGUE when I say that the officiating this year has been horrid. I mean, its to the point where these refs are seriously costing teams games.

clearly a bad "no call" but what can you do? This year has been a bad year of officiating all over the league. Tennessee should not be 5 - 0 because that was the WORST roughing the passer call i've ever seen....

Even in our game against Dallas there was clearly a facemask on a punt return that wasnt called... it's just been a horrible year and i hope the NFL can get things like that straightened out.

On another note, go to Redskins.com and watch the game highlights and listen to the Philly announcer during the eagles td punt return. Their announcer sounds exactly like Officer Barbrady from South Park! Sounds like a total tard. Especially the 'ITS AGAINST THE REDSKINS!!" Check it out some time.

It should have been called holding at least. The uncatchable doesn't really apply here since the receiver never had the opportunity to even be thrown to. Maybe if Jason would have thrown it down field and not so high the refs would have been forced to call it... but that would have been dangerous and I think he did the right thing

clearly a bad "no call" but what can you do? This year has been a bad year of officiating all over the league. Tennessee should not be 5 - 0 because that was the WORST roughing the passer call i've ever seen....

Even in our game against Dallas there was clearly a facemask on a punt return that wasnt called... it's just been a horrible year and i hope the NFL can get things like that straightened out.

Not to mention San Diego's very legitimate complaint about Cutler's fumble. Talk about a call costing a team the game.

I'm an old guy, an old Redskin fan. I have seen this kind of officiating before. Those calls will continue to go against the Redskins until the Zebras realize that this is a smart, concise, well executed offense and defense for the calls to fall our way, as it finally did, on several occasions, in 1990. Officials out of position would have to attribute to the miss calls is my guess. I wonder if it is a call which can be overturned via a "red flag"? Maybe, once the "whistle is blown" the play, for safety's sake, is dead and cannot be overturned. In some cases, possibly, the guys upstairs did not see the miss call, either. Its a puzzlement. But, despite all that...it was a damn fine win.

Archived