Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts after watching NFL Replay.

DTN Redskin

1) I would not trade away Clinton Portis for ANY other back in the nfl right now. Thomlinson, Peterson, LJ none of them are the complete package like CP. He looks awesome this year and is running mad. Keep running your mouth Brian Mitchell. CP is a leader and beast.

2) Jason Campbell is coming around very nicely. He is getting rid of the ball much quicker and looks dramatically more accurate. He is even looking better under pressure and making good decisions.

3) Moss is a stud and when healthy is irreplaceable. Those trades for Moss and Portis sure are looking pretty now.

4) Secondary is very stout and wtf was Reed Doughty doing on the field in the pukes last drive? He was abused. Seriously as good as Blache has been this season this was assinine. I know Moore has to be better at least in coverage.

We gotta a helluva team this season and Synderrato hired the right dude. Thoughts???

CP is the man plain and simple...I loved Chump Bailey when he was here but comparing the two's seasons so far...I say CP is gettin the better end even with only one 100 yd game out of four so far....Chump so far? His D is getting run over and got supremely embarassed by an average at best KC Chief team that was 0-3.

What I liked best was our ability to kill the clock in the 4th quarter running the ball

Run run run run right down their throats, getting a first time each time we carried it

Zorn was able to kill the clock and burn the Cowgirls timeouts

I still felt we should have scored on that last drive rather then just run the ball. If the cowpukes had caught that onside kick it would not have been a pretty ending.

I saw that too!

Hell him and Lavaar surprised the hell out of me with the praise.

Some people wanted Mitchell's head. He tells it like it is, no doubt about that.

If we play well, he's going praise us. If we underachieve, he's going to drill us. Some people just can't take his logic.

I still felt we should have scored on that last drive rather then just run the ball. If the cowpukes had caught that onside kick it would not have been a pretty ending.

I would have liked to have also. And I am sure Zorn was thinking the same thing

Considering how well we were running the ball though, there wasn't any reason to risk it there

Take the FG, get the 2 score lead, and make Dallas try and score twice with no timeouts left in 3:30

I agree with 1-3.

On 4 however, Blache and Zorn both said that with Springs and Smoot sidelined, they had to bring in extra safeties (Torrence was the only CB besides Rogers, Tryon was inactive) on the big passing downs. So late in the game, while Doughty was certainly in there, you saw him playing the middle. Rogers and Torrence were on their guys, and Landry and Horton were deep. While Moore has potential, he doesn't have the experience Reed does. While Reed allowed some catches, he did finish most of his tackles. A completely blown coverage from Moore, or a missed tackle cuz he's out of place, would have been dealy late in the game. That's my take on why he was in late anyway.

He did a great job on Ware. Hell even Cooley blocked well. This team is really playing their ass off for Zorn. The team overall is very fundamentally sound which is amazing under a first year coach.

Zorn is a smart guy, i remember watching a tv special about him and one of the first things he did as head coach was change the time on the clocks so it was uniform. apparently there was up to a 10 minute difference on clocks throughout the park.

I know that seems little, but that attention to detail sure does seem to affect his gameplanning and how prepared the team is.

Zorn is a smart guy, i remember watching a tv special about him and one of the first things he did as head coach was change the time on the clocks so it was uniform. apparently there was up to a 10 minute difference on clocks throughout the park.

I know that seems little, but that attention to detail sure does seem to affect his gameplanning and how prepared the team is.

These are the little things that we will remember fondly of Zorn if he's successful. You may not remember about Gibbs among the first things he did was put a ramp in over the stairs leading to the field because he was worried about his players in their cleats getting hurt on the way to the field. But, Gibbs was only so-so in his second go-around so we don't remember those tidbits with the awe we remember some in the first incarnation :).

4) Secondary is very stout and wtf was Reed Doughty doing on the field in the pukes last drive? He was abused. Seriously as good as Blache has been this season this was assinine. I know Moore has to be better at least in coverage.

Blache had like 6-7 DB's on the field during that last drive. I would have preferred to see Dallas not score, but at least the D mostly succeeded in making Dallas take more time off the clock.

Archived