Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Exposing Redskin Haters

GIBBY!

This week is great because it will once and for all expose who in the media is a redskin hater. Once we see all the week 5 picks we will know who is just an outright hater. We have looked solid for 3 weeks and just beat Dallas in their house. Skins beat Dallas and Dallas beat Philly. It's simple math skins > pukes > iggles therefore skins > iggles. If you don't pick the Skins in Philly your going against logic and an outright hater, there I said it.

-GIBBY!

This week is great because it will once and for all expose who in the media is a redskin hater. Once we see all the week 5 picks we will know who is just an outright hater. We have looked solid for 3 weeks and just beat Dallas in their house. Skins beat Dallas and Dallas beat Philly. It's simple math skins > pukes > iggles therefore skins > iggles. If you don't pick the Skins in Philly your going against logic and an outright hater, there I said it.

-GIBBY!

Relax Gibby.

The Eagles opened up as 4 point favorites at home to the Redskins.

A ton of $$ immediately poured in for the Eagles, so it was taken off the board.

Now, the Eagles are 5.5 point favorites at home to the Redskins.

The Eagles are 2-2, playing at home after a Road Loss to the Bears. The Eagles cannot afford to lose this game and go 2-3. Meanwhile, the Redskins are coming off a Road Division win over a Cowboys team who assumed they could win playing at 25%.

The Motivation here is clearly with the Eagles.

I wouldnt jump to that conclusion. Its the NFL, anything can happen on any given sunday. The Eagles will be a very tough game. To see who really is a hater, just watch sports center or listen to the radio and see who showed us love (Dilfer, Berman, Keyshawn, Chris Carter, Czaben, Doc) and who didnt (Tom Jackson, Polin, Simmons, etc.)

I wouldnt jump to that conclusion. Its the NFL, anything can happen on any given sunday. The Eagles will be a very tough game. To see who really is a hater, just watch sports center or listen to the radio and see who showed us love (Dilfer, Berman, Keyshawn, Chris Carter, Czaben, Doc) and who didnt (Tom Jackson, Polin, Simmons, etc.)

Remember last season? The Patriots, Cowboys and Packers were given all the love and all other teams were ignored.

The Giants were completly ignored until there was 0.00 seconds left in the Superbowl.

In the eyes of the average NFL Fan, the Redskins are an average team who got off to a good start. They are due for a big loss. The Eagles are due for a big win.

This is the way people think. Not everyone is a Redskin fan.

So because we went on the road and beat the best team in the NFL, should we now be favored to win EVERY road game? C'mon.

The only way I would call someone a "hater" this week is if they picked the Eagles and said the Redskins didn't belong on the same field or something like that.

-GIBBY!

Well we have to go up there and beat them, this is a NFCE game and its NOT gong to be easy. Who cares what the media thinks? I'd rather they made us underdogs, we do better that way.

First of all, picking games using lines (and especially setting the lines) has NOTHING to do with the better team. It has everything to do with betting and the public's perception of who to bet on/against (see above post regarding lines set and reset).

IMHO, folks are only really 'haters' if they still say things like "The cowboys lost the game, the Skins didn't win it" or "They will be blown out in Philly".

Lastly, I'm more than happy for every 'expert' to pick against the Skins. Makes the wins just a little bit better.

And, for this thread, just some: :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Well we have to go up there and beat them, this is a NFCE game and its NOT gong to be easy. Who cares what the media thinks? I'd rather they made us underdogs, we do better that way.

This reminds me of the 2005 season. The Redskins started off 4-2. They slaughtered the 49ers 52-17. The next week, they they go on the road to play the Giants. The Giants are favored by only 1.5 points.

Remember that score???...

Giants 36

Redskins 0.

This reminds me of the 2005 season. The Redskins started off 4-2. They slaughtered the 49ers 52-17. The next week, they they go on the road to play the Giants. The Giants are favored by only 1.5 points.

Remember that score???...

Giants 36

Redskins 0.

I believe that was the game right after Wellington Mara died. That's a TON of extra motivation for the giants.

Whenever I troll on other NFL boards, it's always a lock that the first page of any team's forum will have at least one thread about supposed media hate for that specific team.

Go to Cowboyszone this week and everybody is whining about ESPN's supposed hate for the Cowboys.

The media is made up by the people, for the people. Why would the national media be biased in general?

The media responds to what the people want. This is why the Cowboys tend to lead the national headlines over a team like Jacksonville, regardless off the time of year or significance of the story.

Why is any media figure who picks against the Redskins immediately labeled a hater?

Isn't there a single sports reporter or other media person in the ENTIRE WORLD who likes the Redskins? C'mon, there has to be ONE out there somewhere. It's a big country. IT's JUST NOT FAIR. :cry:

Bill Simmons?

Colin Cowherd?

Chris Berman?

Troy Aikman?

Jason LaCanfora?

Tom Jackson?

Lenny Pasquerelli?

Brian Mitchell?

John Riggins?

Andy Pollin?

Steve Czaban?

Smokin Al Koken?

John Thompson?

Joe the Fan?

Peter King?

Dr. Z?

Chris Carter?

:cry:

:rolleyes: Did I miss anybody?

(Really, let it go people.)

-GIBBY!

File this under "if you don't agree with me, then you are a terrorist!"

-GIBBY!

you're skins > pukes > iggles therefore skins > iggles logic is the worst kind used by sports fans. it means absolutely nothing and is awful way to look at matchups. Each is week in this league is different and anything can happen, especially in the NFC east on the road. everyone needs stop swallowing their homer pills and look at this season one game at a time. three weeks ago half the people who want to proclaim us frontrunners for the NFC east and the NFC as a whole, were the same people saying we wouldn't win more than 4 games and calling for the heads of JC and JZ, etc.

Archived