Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers is a poor DB ...

mi6

WHO'S on "grass" again? :doh:.

Love on Carlos by all means, but comparing him to a proven vet in Springs?..... let's not get silly now.

Hail.

Since when is Carlos not proven? Last year he was a shutdown corner too and received criticism before he got injured. And since when is Carlos a rookie? Hands down his cover skills are better than Springs but will never get the recognition from people like you who can't take your eyes of Springs jock. His run stopping ability is better as well and if he keeps playing like so for the coming years.....springs couldn't hold up his jock while your still staring at it. Like I said before, Springs gets all the recognition because 'he can make picks'. I can name a few 1 on 1 coverage where springs got absolutely BURNED. I can name less with Rogers in the same time span. I am by no means saying Springs is a scrub.....because he is a pro bowl caliber CB.....just saying at this current time EVEN LAST season....no one can touch Carlos. We have one of the best #1, #2 corners in the NFL if one can stay on the field longer than 6 games a season.

Since when is Carlos not proven? Last year he was a shutdown corner too and received criticism before he got injured. And since when is Carlos a rookie? Hands down his cover skills are better than Springs but will never get the recognition from people like you who can't take your eyes of Springs jock. His run stopping ability is better as well and if he keeps playing like so for the coming years.....springs couldn't hold up his jock while your still staring at it. Like I said before, Springs gets all the recognition because 'he can make picks'. I can name a few 1 on 1 coverage where springs got absolutely BURNED. I can name less with Rogers in the same time span. I am by no means saying Springs is a scrub.....because he is a pro bowl caliber CB.....just saying at this current time EVEN LAST season....no one can touch Carlos. We have one of the best #1, #2 corners in the NFL if one can stay on the field longer than 6 games a season.

Wasn't aware i was fixiated on Springs "jock", but ty for knowing me better than i know my self. :doh:

I'm going round in circles on this today. I never said Carlos was a rookie, amongst other mistakes, so to help with my views, i'm pulling what i put on a thread currently on page two on Carlos. Oh, if you wanted to go there, there's WAY more examples of Rogers getting burned these past 4 years than Springs, outside this current 4 game streak.

Oh, this is purely my opinion on what we've seen to date from Carlos. Nothing personal. Try bare that in mind before you rant back.

I've been both misunderstood today through not separating Rogers general career performance from the one in yesterdays game, and then through people just jumping on a negative.

SIX99's above point was kinda' what I was trying to elude to, if not in that way. The inconsistency's of Carlos since he came into the league.

No ones arguing that the last 3 or 4 games he's really stepped up his game against top opposition, and if he continues to maintain that high standard, he's moire than justified a place in the starting 11.

But overall, in 4 years in this league, he's FAR from justified being a first round pick, with the same continued mistakes coming back to haunt us season after season. As poor as the offense has been in that time, how many STONEWALL pick six's has he dropped that would of helped out a bunch? Now, I'm not saying every corner should have great hands to be classed as elite, but if the ball hits you RIGHT in the darn HANDS time after time you should be able to at least hold on to the darn ball. He's always hit hard, that's never been in question, But too many times he's either played too soft on the coverage, (maybe the Coach' doing admittedly); or just blown his coverage entirely, which IS his doing. That said, kudos to him of late for his coverage of some top guys. No one can argue that. But until he doe's it CONSISTANTLY over an extended period, I'm gona' have my doubts on him.

We shouldn't be having this debate over a 4yr Vet. who was a 1st round pick. He should of GOTTEN it TOTALLY by now.

I sincerely hope he now has and my doubts are misguided. But for me, for now still anyways, he's an average Conner currently playing ABOVE himself during this stretch, who's limitations may well cost us in a crucial game down the line.

No doubt this will get jumped on too for being outside current opinion, but that's my :2cents:.

Hail.

He's playing well. He's a great tackler and his coverage skills have always been good. My only gripe is that he can't catch and he jogs/walks when it looks like the play is going away from him.
Those are my two beefs with him also.

Other than those two things, I actually think that Rogers is on his way to maybe being called one of the NFL's few, shut down CB's.

Fascinating thread.

I've got a few bookmarked that'll show up at the end of the season demonstrating surefire (read ****sure) prognostication with regards to Campbell and Portis.

It' still early but at this juncture it appears that the total sum of all the chicken farms in Delaware should start raising crow for the feast.

Hate bring this up, but our defense is held back because of he limited coverage skills Carlos has. He keeps getting beat on most passes thrown his way. He gives up a BIG cushion... and, keeps getting picked on.

Argh! Time to put someone better in.:doh:

Sooooo.....are you STILL thinking this?? I sure hope not! Carlos has REALLY stepped it up this year!

Didn't you hear. He's a poor DB. Clearly our weak link on defense.

:rolleyes:

:laugh: the OP is a senseless moron that obviously knows nothing about football, Rogers is definately our #1 cb with mr. i wont play with an owie missing games left and right. worse thread ever!!!

Carlos is lucky Braylon Edwards dropped a couple balls and Anderson under threw him because there were times he could have been beat during the game and especially on the last drive.

It wasn't luck Edwards had wondering eyes and in some cases alligator arms due to the physical play.

Coulda woulda's only matter in fiction.

Archived