Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soldier's Car Vandalized At Dallas University

Fletch_Lives59

Or here is another idea. When somebody commits a crime, we just call it a crime and punish them according to what they did. If there was some kind of "hate speech" or graffitti involved, then that can be used as further evidence of their guilt.

There are perfectly valid reasons for hate crime laws - it's a sad fact and I wish there wasn't a need for them but there are.

I hope for the day in America where they aren't needed but it probably won't happen during my lifetime.

The point of the laws are just as much to deter bigoted behavior as it is to punish those that engage in it.

A) I've never had anyone that was a homosexual call me a slur

B) The whole issue is whether it is violent or not, as far as I know most hate crimes involve violence of some kind

C) I disagree that gay people are "just as prejudiced against straight people" . . . and I tend to believe if a few are it is the result of perceived ills by straight people in their lives

That's my opinion and my example was just to make a point - I think it did but there are plenty that will disagree and that is fine.

well hopefully the sky stays a nice bright blue in your world. butch lesbians HATE men because they have penises and they dont. or they call you "reproducer" like you are beneath them.

The comment about military members being included in a hate crime group would be fine with me.

However, there are perfectly reasonable explainations for why "hate crime" legislation was passed in the first place but obviously that doesn't make sense to you.

Maybe we should include all groups into the hate crime category, after all there was that story about all the gay guys lynching the guy because he was straight . . .

Yeah, sorry. If I'm murdered, I doubt my daughters will care if it's for my wallet or because of my skin color.

But our lovely federal government values people of other skin colors and persuasions more than me. And yes, I will ALWAYS take issue with government-mandated inequality. Always.

well hopefully the sky stays a nice bright blue in your world. butch lesbians HATE men because they have penises and they dont. or they call you "reproducer" like you are beneath them.

Once you find me an example of a butch lesbian beating the **** out of a guy for being a "reproducer" or lynching a guy just for being a man then you may be able to convince me I'm wrong.

Otherwise, I stand by my post.

Once you find me an example of a butch lesbian beating the **** out of a guy for being a "reproducer" or lynching a guy just for being a man then you may be able to convince me I'm wrong.

Otherwise, I stand by my post.

close minded individual. ya know, the next time you jump on one of us and try to call us defensive you need to realize that you are just as close minded. there are plenty of gay people that beat up straight people. maybe you dont live close enough to a gay community to know it.

Yeah, sorry. If I'm murdered, I doubt my daughters will care if it's for my wallet or because of my skin color.

But our lovely federal government values people of other skin colors and persuasions more than me. And yes, I will ALWAYS take issue with government-mandated inequality. Always.

Oh my God.

Seriously, H_H . . . one day it will have to stop.

There may be no class of citizen in the world treated as unfairly as the white man in America. The injustices of this country towards White Christian males like ourselves have made life almost intolerable. If only we received the same treatment as those damned minorities we might one day be able to achieve equality.

:rolleyes:

Give me a ****ing break.

It's hilarious how it even shows up in your signature - although subtley.

close minded individual. ya know, the next time you jump on one of us and try to call us defensive you need to realize that you are just as close minded. there are plenty of gay people that beat up straight people. maybe you dont live close enough to a gay community to know it.

I'm not being defensive . . . and if I'm being close minded I'm glad you have set me straight. I'm simply arguing my point.

I have never read or heard about these many stories of gays beating up straight people due to their sexual preference. I obviously haven't been paying enough attention and will be on the look out for these stories. If you are correct in your statement I will gladly concede the point.

JMU just wants to believe what he wants to believe. he doesnt want the world to be opened up to him so that he can see that everyone has faults.

but just in case...look, gay racists!!

http://www.leaderu.com/marco/special/spc17.html

Thanks for giving me a chance to update my argument before jumping down my throat Mike. :doh:

You have made a valid argument and I would fully expect that if these "gay militants" caused harm to any straight individual and it could be proven that it was at least partly due to their sexual preference I would fully expect them to be charged with a hate crime.

And since I only want to believe what I want to believe I'll say that you made a good argument and you made me have to update my argument.

Maybe you could argue my point instead of attacking me personally. Thanks for bringing Christianity into to it too, even though I made NO reference to that.

Thanks, kindly, for demonstrating EXACTLY the kind of bull**** I'm talking about.

You used to have class. I truly wonder what happened.

I sincerely apologize for offending you so much then. I don't know exactly what was unclassy about my statement other than it drives me absolutely bonkers when people who are very similar to me in religion and skin pigment try to make arguments about discrimination or the government caring more for minorities than us.

I only brought Christianity into the argument to try to make my own statement and wasn't intended to be some jab at you. It's just how I view things.

So I apologize that you took me as being so unclassy and I will look into phrasing my arguments better in the future.

Thanks for giving me a chance to update my argument before jumping down my throat Mike. :doh:

You have made a valid argument and I would fully expect that if these "gay militants" caused harm to any straight individual and it could be proven that it was at least partly due to their sexual preference I would fully expect them to be charged with a hate crime.

And since I only want to believe what I want to believe I'll say that you made a good argument and you made me have to update my argument.

if it didnt happen to me personally (the name calling not the violence) I wouldnt believe it either. But its pretty common place and one of my good friends is a lesbian and a lot of them have been slighted against by straight people and HATE them. and gay men the same way.

sucks but true...:cheers:

I sincerely apologize for offending you so much then. I don't know exactly what was unclassy about my statement other than it drives me absolutely bonkers when people who are very similar to me in religion and skin pigment try to make arguments about discrimination or the government caring more for minorities than us.

So all people of the same race have exactly the same experience?

Interesting.

if it didnt happen to me personally (the name calling not the violence) I wouldnt believe it either. But its pretty common place and one of my good friends is a lesbian and a lot of them have been slighted against by straight people and HATE them. and gay men the same way.

sucks but true...:cheers:

That was part of the point I was trying to make - I think it's more of a reaction instead of initiated out of nowhere by them - but it's wrong just the same.

Either way, I'm happy to reconstruct my argument to include what you've said.

So all people of the same race have exactly the same experience?

Interesting.

Not what I meant at all. However, I think anyone that takes an American History 101 class would be able to at least argue against SOME of your points.

Still, my post was not intended to be taken as personal so I'm sorry it came off that way.

Not what I meant at all. However, I think anyone that takes an American History 101 class would be able to at least argue against SOME of your points.

Still, my post was not intended to be taken as personal so I'm sorry it came off that way.

No problem. The "class" statement on my part shouldn't have been made either. I apologize for that.

I understand history. I do care about history. I'm just of the mind set that current injustices aren't the way to make up for past ones. Two wrongs, ya know?

I just can't justify in my mind that black guy A kills white guy B for white guy B's wallet. He does 15 years.

But white guy X kills black guy Z because he thinks he's a no-good n-bomb. He does 25 years.

To me, a human life is a human life. And if you take one, your punishment for doing so, regardless of who or what the victim is, should be severe and consistent.

If you really think about it, JMU, I'm taking the utter antithesis of a racist position here. I'm calling for equal treatment based on race (not to mention ethnicity, religion, sexual persuason, whatever). Are you?

Archived