Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soldier's Car Vandalized At Dallas University

Fletch_Lives59

Huh?

You are out of your mind. Try and find any factual support for that assertion, anywhere.

predictable,

just because you think you live in gay central doesnt make you the authority on it. i have had my discussion on this and if you care to go back and read it thats fine. but i am not going to back the train up just so you can jump on. :2cents:

predictable,

just because you think you live in gay central doesnt make you the authority on it. i have had my discussion on this and if you care to go back and read it thats fine. but i am not going to back the train up just so you can jump on. :2cents:

What would put the ratio of so called "hate crimes" committed by gays against straights...versus straights against gays at?

1:1?

1:2?

1:4?

1:10?

1:100?

more?

I just can't justify in my mind that black guy A kills white guy B for white guy B's wallet. He does 15 years.

But white guy X kills black guy Z because he thinks he's a no-good n-bomb. He does 25 years.

You are utterly ignoring the fact that if black guy A kills white guy B because he thinks white guy B is a no-good cracker, black guy A gets 25 years.

And if white guy X kills black guy Z because he wants black guy Z's wallet, white guy X does 15 years.

That IS equal treatment based on race.

So 1 gay against straight crime per 1 billion straight against gays crimes are proof enough that their are, in your words, "plenty of gay people who beat up straight people".

oh im sorry. are you under the impression that i want to prove my point to you?

please allow me to clear it up for you. i dont care about what you think honestly. i wasnt speaking to you and your opinion means about as much to me as a finger on my elbow would mean to me.

hope that clears it up. :cheers:

predictable,

You show me the plague of man beating lesbians roaming around our terrorized suburbs. Show me the hordes of gay guys who pile into their cars and look for innocent straight guys to beat up.

I personally know three people who have been gay bashed. Beaten up bad. Homophobes DO pile into cars and come cruising in to gay neighborhoods to beat people up, for NO REASON other than that they are gay. High school kids DO beat up the kids they think are gay. It happens.

I myself have had a car of four guys go by and scream out of the car windows at me: "We're gonna kick your ass, faggot!!!!" because I was out walking my dog and they assumed that I must be gay because of where I was. It was scary as hell.

You can sit there and try to pretend that you think the violence and fear goes both ways, but it really doesn't and you are lying to us or to yourself if you say it does.

And if you want to call me "predictable," well, your knee jerk "woe is me oppressed white guy" act tends to bring out the same reaction in me every time. Sorry about that.

PS: A black man beating a white man for being white is also a hate crime.

Which, if you're going to have hate crime legislation, is the way it should be. But I object to hate crime legislation for a couple of reasons:

To some extent, because it puts a quality judgment on the severity of otherwise identical crimes. It says that it is worse to (for example) murder someone because of their race, than it is to murder them for their wallet, or because he/she cheated on you, or because you genuinely hate the person, or even for no reason at all.

But more so, because it punishes people for their motivation. Motive should absolutely be used to determine whether to convict a suspect. But to use it in the sentencing, to actually punish more severely because of what a person feels/thinks/believes seems wrong to me. In this country, one has the right to be a bigot, so long as one does not infringe upon the rights of others. While abhorrent, being a bigot does not infringe upon the rights of the person one murders, murdering them does. Running around town, being all bigot-y, is not a problem until said bigot actually commits a crime. Then they get punished for the crime. Punishing someone for being a bigot means that the government is saying, "You're not allowed to think that." People should be punished (in a legal sense) for their actions, not their thoughts.

Also, I just said "bigot" way too many times.

You show me the plague of man beating lesbians roaming around our terrorized suburbs. Show me the hordes of gay guys who pile into their cars and look for innocent straight guys to beat up.

I personally know three people who have been gay bashed. Beaten up bad. Homophobes DO pile into cars and come cruising in to gay neighborhoods to beat people up, for NO REASON other than that they are gay. High school kids DO beat up the kids they think are gay. It happens.

I myself have had a car of four guys go by and scream out of the car windows at me: "We're gonna kick your ass, faggot!!!!" because I was out walking my dog and they assumed that I must be gay because of where I was. It was scary as hell.

You can sit there and try to pretend that you think the violence and fear goes both ways, but it really doesn't and you are lying to us or to yourself if you say it does.

And if you want to call me "predictable," well, your knee jerk "woe is me oppressed white guy" act tends to bring out the same reaction in me every time. Sorry about that.

So in summary, your anecdotal evidence trumps Mike's.

Got it. :)

puh-lease. woe is me? you have me confused there predict-able.

and that sucks that you are so close minded that you cant believe it could work both ways but it does. just because the numbers arent as high enough for you to take notice doesnt mean that i dont see it. when i go with my friend to pick up his wife down in hillcrest and the gay people look at you like you are some outsider in their section of town.

but hey, you are the be all end all of everything right predicto? i mean, that is what you are shooting for, right?

No problem. The "class" statement on my part shouldn't have been made either. I apologize for that.

I understand history. I do care about history. I'm just of the mind set that current injustices aren't the way to make up for past ones. Two wrongs, ya know?

I just can't justify in my mind that black guy A kills white guy B for white guy B's wallet. He does 15 years.

But white guy X kills black guy Z because he thinks he's a no-good n-bomb. He does 25 years.

To me, a human life is a human life. And if you take one, your punishment for doing so, regardless of who or what the victim is, should be severe and consistent.

If you really think about it, JMU, I'm taking the utter antithesis of a racist position here. I'm calling for equal treatment based on race (not to mention ethnicity, religion, sexual persuason, whatever). Are you?

In principle, I agree with you. However, the reality of the situation is that, to this day, minorities see much harsher treatment and punishment from law enforcement entities and society as a whole.

and that sucks that you are so close minded that you cant believe it could work both ways but it does. just because the numbers arent as high enough for you to take notice doesnt mean that i dont see it. when i go with my friend to pick up his wife down in hillcrest and the gay people look at you like you are some outsider in their section of town.

but hey, you are the be all end all of everything right predicto? i mean, that is what you are shooting for, right?

You're off your ****ing rocker. If gays persecute straight people even 1/100th of a percentage point as much as it goes the other way I'd have a heart attack. You're absolutely delusional on this one and to try and pass it off as "Predicto just thinks he's the ****" is lame.

In principle, I agree with you. However, the reality of the situation is that, to this day, minorities see much harsher treatment and punishment from law enforcement entities and society as a whole.

We could debate that ad nauseum.

It's good to know that people who are diametrically opposed on so many issues can agree in principle on such a tough topic though.

:cheers:

You're off your ****ing rocker. If gays persecute straight people even 1/100th of a percentage point as much as it goes the other way I'd have a heart attack. You're absolutely delusional on this one and to try and pass it off as "Predicto just thinks he's the ****" is lame.

youre right, i didnt post a link about gay people being racist did i?

how ****ing funny you must think you with your little joke :cheers:

What percentage of our population identifies themselves as gay?

That might have a LITTLE to do with it.

If we just went by percentages of incidents, I suspect the numbers would be much closer. How much though, I truly don't know.

Oh dear. A gay person looked at you funny. How terrifying for you. I would have to say that is just as bad as what happened to Matthew Shepard. Boo hoo hoo.

I guess you are lying to yourself, little Mike.

Oh dear. A gay person looked at you funny. How terrifying for you. I would have to say that is just as bad as what happened to Matthew Shepard. Boo hoo hoo.

I guess you are lying to yourself, little Mike.

keep talking **** like the little mike predict-able. it makes you look like the knowitall fool you are trying to be. :)

What percentage of our population identifies themselves as gay?

That might have a LITTLE to do with it.

If we just went by percentages of incidents, I suspect the numbers would be much closer. How much though, I truly don't know.

Not knowing for sure, what do you suspect? Do you know of any people beaten up because they were straight? I don't.

Archived