Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Should Really Appreciate Jason Campbell And His Play So Far...

Califan007 The Constipated

correlation does not prove causation. just because campbell was out and the team won doesn't mean that campbell being out CAUSED the team to win... EDIT SOLID DETAILED POST

:applause:

Excellent post. I know you're not exactly new, but welcome to the board nonetheless. I'll be looking for your comments and thoughts in the future my friend.

I have never seen so many starting QBs benched so quicky into the season...lots of QBs regressing this year, or not improving on mediocre play, or hurt...or any combination of the three. Teams like the Broncos, Packers, Bills and--yes--the Redskins should appreciate that their QBs are actually improving and leading their teams to wins. Which of course is what made me think of starting this thread lol :)...

W's don't matter it is the effort that counts right? The fact is that the team wins more games when JC sits than when he plays. Regardless of the other factors, those are facts. The disparity is even more glaring against the division and against teams finishing above .500.

If you don't think that 1-6 division record when he plays versus an 8-4 record when he doesn't, does not reflect on him, then I am not the one taking a simple-minded approach. Same for the 1-5 stretch versus the 4-0 stretch last year.

Your QB evaluation skills are unmatched in this forum. Good job spotting the up-and-comers.

Your QB evaluation skills are unmatched in this forum. Good job spotting the up-and-comers.

Says the man who claimed DeSean Jackson is not an NFL caliber player.

I absolutely give JC credit for what he did last week and have done so in other threads. It was his best game ever. Bottom line is I am a Skins fan and if any of you think that I am not ecstatic right now, you are seriously mistaken. I have said for the past 4 years we are a QB away from the SB. Might be time to start booking rooms in Tampa.

Says the man who claimed DeSean Jackson is not an NFL caliber player.

I absolutely give JC credit for what he did last week and have done so in other threads. It was his best game ever. Bottom line is I am a Skins fan and if any of you think that I am not ecstatic right now, you are seriously mistaken. I have said for the past 4 years we are a QB away from the SB. Might be time to start booking rooms in Tampa.

Nobody cares that you're ecstatic right now...we DO care, though, that you're way too negative towards JC than is or was necessary. We all felt that we were possibly a QB away from the Super Bowl for the last 3 years...that's why many of us were so encourages when we saw REAL progress in JC's game. Too many posters such as yourself, though, felt it necessary to roll your eyes and ridicule the idea that there was anything there WORTH praising, and hung onto your simplistic "he's 1-6 against the NFC East! He has a losing record!" mantra like it was a life preserver.

Again, I've seen more class coming from Cowboys fans after Sunday's game than I've seen from some Skins fans after JC's excellent performances these last three weeks...yet they were so damn eager to bellow out their pessimism after ONE GAME against the Giants. That last part isn't aimed at you individually SoCal as much as it's a general statement aimed at the board in general...

The post-Giants game negativity was the culmination of a series of games, it was not a single game criticism. JC performance against the Cardinals was no different than some of the games he had last year like Detroit. Against the Saints, he did orchestrate a 4th quarter comeback, but was otherwise the same as before. His big flaw was not getting it done against the division or against better teams. He played a nearly flawless game on the road in Dallas. I give all the credit in the world for his performance, based on past play, I did not think he had in him. For those of you claiming you knew he could do it, you were basing it on hope.

Now, he can go out and lay an egg this weekend against the Eagles, but he has earned the job for the foreseeable future because you can point to the Dallas game as a time where he put it all together against a good division rival and hope he moves forward from here.

Too many posters such as yourself, though, felt it necessary to roll your eyes and ridicule the idea that there was anything there WORTH praising, and hung onto your simplistic "he's 1-6 against the NFC East! He has a losing record!" mantra like it was a life preserver.

Again, I've seen more class coming from Cowboys fans after Sunday's game than I've seen from some Skins fans after JC's excellent performances these last three weeks...yet they were so damn eager to bellow out their pessimism after ONE GAME against the Giants. That last part isn't aimed at you individually SoCal as much as it's a general statement aimed at the board in general...

AMEN

J Cam is the man...

ive seen this the entire time he has been under center...finally he is given the opportunity to be elite

Especially after week one with the line breaking down and recievers not open...people put way too much burden on JC, who by the way...played mistake free football

Going into this game, ill admit...i was a tiny bit worried about JC facing a 3-4 Defense

Its really a tribute to Jim Zorn trusting JC and putting the team on his shoulders

The post-Giants game negativity was the culmination of a series of games, it was not a single game criticism. JC performance against the Cardinals was no different than some of the games he had last year like Detroit. Against the Saints, he did orchestrate a 4th quarter comeback, but was otherwise the same as before. His big flaw was not getting it done against the division or against better teams. He played a nearly flawless game on the road in Dallas. I give all the credit in the world for his performance, based on past play, I did not think he had in him. For those of you claiming you knew he could do it, you were basing it on hope.

Now, he can go out and lay an egg this weekend against the Eagles, but he has earned the job for the foreseeable future because you can point to the Dallas game as a time where he put it all together against a good division rival and hope he moves forward from here.

blah blah blah

The level you took it to previously was absolutely absurd and downright disrespectful. You basically made hating on JC your MO here. Those of us claiming we knew he could do it were basing it, in part, on hope, and also the visible progression of JC, not to mention him being behind a healthy OL and having his main WR healthy. It's a team game for a reason, but from all your hate on JC it's obvious you didn't know it was a team game, or you purposely ignored it despite the arguments of others. Either way, all your words now won't change your words then. Maybe you should look at this as a lesson, that you don't give up on players, and that you have to look at ALL aspects of the game since it is a team sport. Something tells me though that the second we lose again you'll be back to your antics, eventhough you assert otherwise. And I base that on as little evidence as you did with JC, which is my cherry-picked self-serving perceptions. :silly:

blah blah blah

The level you took it to previously was absolutely absurd and downright disrespectful. You basically made hating on JC your MO here. Those of us claiming we knew he could do it were basing it, in part, on hope, and also the visible progression of JC, not to mention him being behind a healthy OL and having his main WR healthy. It's a team game for a reason, but from all your hate on JC it's obvious you didn't know it was a team game, or you purposely ignored it despite the arguments of others. Either way, all your words now won't change your words then. Maybe you should look at this as a lesson, that you don't give up on players, and that you have to look at ALL aspects of the game since it is a team sport. Something tells me though that the second we lose again you'll be back to your antics, eventhough you assert otherwise. And I base that on as little evidence as you did with JC, which is my cherry-picked self-serving perceptions. :silly:

You are the one that does not understand it s a team sport. I stand by all my previous assessments of JC. Up until last week he never won a big game except for the 1st Philly game last year. He held the team back from winning games. Now, if the investment of additional losses to give him playing time pays off, then it will end up being worth it. Until last week, the investment didn't look like it was going to pay off. But let's not kid ourselves and think that he did not perform poorly as an NFL QB his first 3 years on the team. While all other QB's that started for the Skins performed better during that time.

He may regress to that point again, which I don't think will happen, but he has earned the spot until the end of the year at this point IMO regardless of what happens going forward. If he continues this level of play, then we will have finally solved our QB question that has been there since 1988.

Nobody cares that you're ecstatic right now...we DO care, though, that you're way too negative towards JC than is or was necessary. We all felt that we were possibly a QB away from the Super Bowl for the last 3 years...that's why many of us were so encourages when we saw REAL progress in JC's game. Too many posters such as yourself, though, felt it necessary to roll your eyes and ridicule the idea that there was anything there WORTH praising, and hung onto your simplistic "he's 1-6 against the NFC East! He has a losing record!" mantra like it was a life preserver.

Ill never understand that record argument at such an early stage in a player's career. Early stats and records really dont show much. There were definite negatives to Campbell's play but you saw the wild final judgments that refused to acknowledge that the points people made were almost absolutely flawed.

You are the one that does not understand it s a team sport. I stand by all my previous assessments of JC. Up until last week he never won a big game except for the 1st Philly game last year. He held the team back from winning games. Now, if the investment of additional losses to give him playing time pays off, then it will end up being worth it. Until last week, the investment didn't look like it was going to pay off. But let's not kid ourselves and think that he did not perform poorly as an NFL QB his first 3 years on the team. While all other QB's that started for the Skins performed better during that time.

Right, its a team sport. So while the team won, Jason Campbell lost? Got it.

Right, its a team sport. So while the team won, Jason Campbell lost? Got it.

Absolutely. When nearly all other factors are the same except QB, and the team performs far better in the W/L column, then it is directly a reflection on the QB.

Going into last week, JC vs. division 1-6, all other Skins QB's while JC was on the team 8-4. Entering the year, JC vs. teams that finished above .500, 1-6, all other Skins QB's are well above .500 something like 7-4.

You are the one that does not understand it s a team sport. I stand by all my previous assessments of JC. Up until last week he never won a big game except for the 1st Philly game last year.

You truly have a dizzying intellect.

Here's another gem of yours:

His first Wonderlic score supports that assumption.

Defenses aren't on his reading list either.

SCS, I don't know you but it seems like you're exactly as Cali described: someone like M_SF who is almost hoping for the Skins, or more specifically JC, to fail. Why? Are you THAT certain that we can't win with him at QB? Yes, I've always been a supporter of his. Yes, I was hoping he would succeed, especially after the last 2 preseason games. All in all, though, I'd say it's worked out pretty well for me and more importantly, the team. Yet you act as if you can't wait for the bubble to burst. I don't get it man. Please enlighten me.

Absolutely. When nearly all other factors are the same except QB, and the team performs far better in the W/L column, then it is directly a reflection on the QB.

Going into last week, JC vs. division 1-6, all other Skins QB's while JC was on the team 8-4. Entering the year, JC vs. teams that finished above .500, 1-6, all other Skins QB's are well above .500 something like 7-4.

Again clutching to the record mantra

You can just watch the games and realize that there was a tremendous improvement defensively and from the running attack. Add to that we actually played offense in the 2nd half of games helped. Oh and putting Landry at FS and not having Prielou there. Oh and not having to field a receiving core of Thrash, McCardell, Caldwell, and BLloyd. Oh and

See the point? Todd Collins did 1 thing better than Campbell, he didnt force throws (which we are seeing Campbell learned). But then again, you dont have to force throws when you actually play offense in the time 2nd half prior to the last 2 minutes. And just when Collins had to force throws in the 2nd half came dual INTs. But wait. All Campbell's fault. Its just easier to refuse to look at why the numbers are what they are.

Well guy, that is where you are completely wrong. All other factors weren't the same last year. Moss and Randle El just got healthy as JC went down with the injury. The line actually started blocking for portis and Gibbs/saunders were calling a much better run scheme.

JC did not have any of these advantages. Against the Cowboys the defense gave up four touchdowns to ONE GUY!!!! against the Eagles the defense leaked a 53 yard screen play after jason had taken the team right down the field for the go ahead score the series before.

You have a very selective memory my friend. I can admit to JC's faults but you can never admit to JC's skills.

Ill never understand that record argument at such an early stage in a player's career. Early stats and records really dont show much. There were definite negatives to Campbell's play but you saw the wild final judgments that refused to acknowledge that the points people made were almost absolutely flawed.

Yep, exactly...Thinking that win/loss records this early in a QB's career mean anything is definitely flawed logic.

Archived