Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Should Really Appreciate Jason Campbell And His Play So Far...

Califan007 The Constipated

Ah, you're one of those types who base their argument on the win/loss record, and that alone. "14% against NFC East opponents"..."1-5 down the stretch"...Yeah, I think corrupt3d is right about you.

Thank God the coaches don't use as simple-minded an approach to evaluating JC's progress as you do.

W's don't matter it is the effort that counts right? The fact is that the team wins more games when JC sits than when he plays. Regardless of the other factors, those are facts. The disparity is even more glaring against the division and against teams finishing above .500.

If you don't think that 1-6 division record when he plays versus an 8-4 record when he doesn't, does not reflect on him, then I am not the one taking a simple-minded approach. Same for the 1-5 stretch versus the 4-0 stretch last year.

Yeah, as well as it was JC who missed all those tackles against Brian Westbrook and allowed him to take what was little more than a dump off pass 60 yards for a TD. I remember screaming at the television "Tackle him, Jason!! What's the matter with you?!"...

Don't forget, it was JC who put the voodoo spell on the receivers who dropped all those passes last year, like in the Green Bay game.

Don't forget, it was JC who put the voodoo spell on the receivers who dropped all those passes last year, like in the Green Bay game.

Seriously...you have NO idea how mad I was at Jason Campbell when he caused Santana Moss to fumble and give up the lead.

By the way, anyone else get pissed off when Campbell told Gibbs to call those two time outs in the Buffalo game?

Oh gosh, I forgot about that one. You know, this all reminds me of when I was watching JC play college ball. He went through 3 different offenses his last 3 years. He looked like a deer in the headlights at times, but when Borges came to town, a light switch came on, and Jason became SEC Player Of The Year. Hope it's that way with Zorn.

Now I haven't been to a Redskin game since the 1971 Giants game at RFK, but JC got me interested in them again after years of terrible coaches. JC was such a class act and such a great kid in the community at Auburn. He is no different in DC. How can people talk bad about about someone who has so much devotion to his team and his new community as JC does to the Washington Redskins, their fans, and their community. Why did the players elect him as a captain even though he has less than 25 starts? What does that tell you?

W's don't matter it is the effort that counts right? The fact is that the team wins more games when JC sits than when he plays. Regardless of the other factors, those are facts.

correlation does not prove causation. just because campbell was out and the team won doesn't mean that campbell being out CAUSED the team to win.

there is a thread in the tailgate about how the outcome of the redskins game immediately preceding a presidential election correlated to the outcome of the election, without exception, for something like 15 straight elections! would you then assume that the redskins determine the outcome of the election? of course not.

now, campbell's presence or absence obviously has more to do with the redskins performance than the redskins do with elections, but he alone does not determine whether the skins win or lose. if you don't think that ST's death, Gibbs' playcalling, the decimation of our offensive line by injuries, the mysterious mid-season fumblitis/dropsies epidemic, or the nagging injuries to our only two receiving threats cost us some (or most) of those games you're putting on campbell... well, then you're either crazy or you've got some kind of agenda (simple dislike of campbell? closet cowboys fan? who knows).

it's plain to see that ALL of campbell's measurables (as pointed out by the original poster) have shown improvement. hell, the improvements in his IMMEASURABLES - like the quickness of his release, pocket awareness, making quicker reads, etc. - are obvious to even a casual observer.

in conclusion: Campbell has played like a rookie for his first 20 or so starts. The Redskins lost many of those games due in part to his play. This season, under the tutelage of a renowned expert in QB coaching, he has shown marked improvement in every facet of his game.

Cali why did you only put up 4th quarter stats for the last 2 games instead of the last 3 games? Trying to cherry pick your results?

Did you even watch the Giants game? Which of Clinton Portis' 1st and 2nd down runs did you feel Campbell struggled on? Seems like you are cherry picking your criticism to me.

I am proud to say I have always supported Campbell as our starting QB!

I'm really excited to see the improvements he's made between last season and this season. Of course it's still early, but I am hoping Campbell becomes more and more comfortable in Zorn's system...oh yeah, and that he doesn't get hurt.

SoCal...knows he is impressed, but is trying to front. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle as far as Jason Campbell progress goes. We would like to see progress, and I think that is what will happen. Everyone has always said it takes 3 years to be good in this WCO. As of right now, it seem JC is ahead of that curb. He is our best chance of winning, and our best chance of actually becoming a consistent winner.

SoCal wants his quaterbacks to be perfect, but if you look at this season very few are--even T. Romo sits to pee has 3 picks to go with his 5 ints. On a less talented team, Romo sits to pee would look more like Derek Andersen.

Instead of talking about JC, I am more concerned with CP and if we will start to see a drop off this year. I hope I am wrong. But I would sure like us to pick up a first day RB in next year's draft to go along with another DL.

Baseball and football... I have been keenly interested in "mechanics" for many years. The Jason Campbell experiment, started by Al Saunders and picked up by Jim Zorn, is the most ambitious QB makeover project I've ever seen attempted.

I didn't like what I saw when he came out of college, but Jason looks good to me now. Give credit to his coaches, but let's recognize that only JC's willing attitude gives this project a chance to succeed. I don't know how anyone cannot root for the kid.

Baseball and football... I have been keenly interested in "mechanics" for many years. The Jason Campbell experiment, started by Al Saunders and picked up by Jim Zorn, is the most ambitious QB makeover project I've ever seen attempted.

I didn't like what I saw when he came out of college, but Jason looks good to me now. Give credit to his coaches, but let's recognize that only JC's attitude gives this project a chance to succeed. I don't know how anyone cannot root for the kid.

Completely agree, Oldfan.

Not only has JC been able to successfully learn a whole host offenses over the last eight years, you're right, he has been 100% willing to change his mechanics entirely.

Gone are the days of holding the ball low and winding up like a pitcher to deliver the ball. Here are the days of holding the ball high, making a decision, and BANG, getting the ball out.

He has still been a little behind on some of his throws; i.e. getting the ball out late, instead of as soon as the receiver makes his break. But he's still getting the ball there, and I think that's because of his improved mechanics.

I've been telling friends of mine for two years now that this kid is our first franchise QB since Theismann, and I stand by that 100%. He's certainly making me proud this year.

Cali why did you only put up 4th quarter stats for the last 2 games instead of the last 3 games? Trying to cherry pick your results?

You have been identified as a Jason Campbell hater anyways LOL! why don't you go and cheer for another team and take that CROW with you too that you've been eating lately! :laugh:

GO JC :cheers:

RED06

W's don't matter it is the effort that counts right? The fact is that the team wins more games when JC sits than when he plays. Regardless of the other factors, those are facts. The disparity is even more glaring against the division and against teams finishing above .500.

If you don't think that 1-6 division record when he plays versus an 8-4 record when he doesn't, does not reflect on him, then I am not the one taking a simple-minded approach. Same for the 1-5 stretch versus the 4-0 stretch last year.

You still can't just admit that he's looking good and playing good but rather find something negative to say, regardless of what he's doing. You just don't like JC, never have and never will. But remember all the negative stuff you've wrote about him, that you're not looking to "SUPER SMART" these days. Actually you're sounding more like you really don't know what the hell you're talking about. So keep hating on JC, but just keep all of your "CROW SANDWICHES" frozen a ready to eat because you will eat all of them this season.

YOU HATER! LOL!

RED06

You have been identified as a Jason Campbell hater anyways LOL! why don't you go and cheer for another team and take that CROW with you too that you've been eating lately! :laugh:

GO JC :cheers:

RED06

For the love of God (or whoever you worship) I DO NOT hate JC and never have said that. All I have said so many times that IF he is not able to get the job done then replace him. I am still going to wait until the end of the season to see who is eating them crows (I actually like pigeons so will have to substitute here).

You guys are not only extreme but sometime thick as well (this rude comment only applies to some of you. :))

Moreover, it appears to me that the most critical a fan is of his team and the players is considered a hater and should join another team. Ahhhh....hmmmm I am just going to go extreme here and stay with the Skins if you do or don't mind. ;)

HTTR!!!:D

...The fact is that the team wins more games when JC sits than when he plays. Regardless of the other factors, those are facts...

Which QB on our roster has the greatest chance to win this season?

Regardless of the other QBs, JC is our best chance to win now AND in the future.

Stats from a different ere (i.e. HC, OC and O system) surely aren't valid now? The QB you are praising looks like poop in our new system. He won't even be the backup next season so I'm not sure your argument has any basis in reality as it is now rather than as it is being perceived by some.

Who would look better and have a better chance of winning in our current system than JC?

Archived