Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those who recorded the Cards vs Skins game...Funny clinton action caught!

RIPST21

So, Heyer has rear view mirrors on his helmet? Plays go ALL OVER THE FIELD UNTIL THE WHISTLE.

Part of being a football player, or for any sport for that matter, is knowing your surroundings. Simply based on where the defense is shifting towards, that alone makes it clear where your QB is and where the ball is.

Do you really think that play was going to move left? Campbell was about to hit the ground when the ball was thrown and the hit was made.

Dude... I called that when it HAPPENED. I saw the guy (Dockett) tackle Portis by the head, and then they were jawing, and then when he was knocked on his "A" the next play, I already knew what was up!

JB

I saw that too and figured something was up. But I didn't see CP doing the jig though. Priceless, and a kick in the teeth to ****ell claiming disunity between CP and his blockers.

We could have easily lost this game, and all of you, at least those with a bit of common sense, would be going nuts over this had we done so.

More Portis antics, adding Heyer to the mix. They both made poor decisions here. I understand the concept of keeping your ego afloat on the field, but not at the price of yardage, or in this case, 6 points. Do your talking with your play, not this kind of bull****.

Frankly, the penalty was legitimate. This hit was no different from roughing a passer or a kicker - and don't tell me that just because they're a lineman, they should expect to be hit at all times regardless of where the ball may be or how far along the play is.

My only hope is those two learn. Zorn needs to get on top of this sort of activity immediately. And you all, well most of you, need to grow up.

I kind of agree with you, but man, way to sound stuck up.

Portis is a leader for this team, and his antics encouraged Heyer to commit the penalty.

Yeah, he really knows what he's doing. Let me know when you feel the same way after we lose because of a similar penalty.

I imagine he'd be pissed off at the refs still, as most of us are. The fault is with them, not our guys. Heyer approaches Dockett, but moves to his front and side before hitting Dockett to avoid the block in the back call. It's a legitimate block, but because it happened right as JC threw the ball, I can see how the refs might have believed the hit came after the play. If it went down the way you are trying to claim, the call would have been unsportsmanlike conduct. In either case though, and according to the official rule which has already been posted in the other thread specifically about the penalty on this play, the TD should have still counted. Be mad at the refs. I thought people would have been pleased that CP is getting along with at least one OL. Priorities I guess.

Wow after watching that you could see Portis REALLY wanted to get Dockett's attention. After watching that, seems they must have planned it out in advance. If the league sees the same thing we saw, there is sure to be a fine for that. Not that Dockett didn't deserve it, but I still would've rather had the TD.

That's over thinking it a bit.

Portis and Dockett had started exchanging words and Dockett, rather than actually trying to help his team sack the QB, was too busy looking at CP and got decked by Heyer.

Good play by Heyer, nothing more. BS call.

ok, after watching the video, my take is this. Portis runs up the middle and gets a nice hit/block on Dockett...then he must be smack talking, which draws Docketts attention, then BOOM, Heyer nails him. I don't think it was planned, funny **** though. ****ed up call.

if the cards had done this to one of ours, would we be singing the same song?

no way jose!

it was a clean hit. but totally unessasary. was it funny, hell yeah!

what go's around, comes around.

but, this is football. a mans game. if you cant take the fire. well, you know what to do. but that go's for everyone on the feild. no exceptions, well. eexcept QB's. but thas another story alltogether.

sbb

Right on

Portis said today on JT's show how dirty Arizona was playing. Bringing that "extra stuff" that professionals shouldn't need to bring.

Was it a stupid play? Yeah, but you do stupid **** sometimes in defense of your boy. That's team right there. Offensive linemen should be all about defending their RB and QB. Good to see Stephon with a bit of a mean streak.

Nothing wrong with a clean hit from the side when a guy is not looking. It's part of the game.

Four years ago there would have been nothing wrong with the hit, but in 2005 they changed the rules to make "blindside hits on unsuspecting players" illegal. Here is a cut and paste from an article about the rule change:

The first rule deals with the elimination of "crack back" or blindside hits on unsuspecting players. You may remember Warren Sapp's blindside block on Packers left tackle Chad Clifton in 2002. That hit was legal then, but is considered illegal now. Sapp's hit was considered unnecessary. Clifton was nowhere near the play and in the open field. That block ended his season and jeopardized his career, starting this year, those types of open field, blindside hits will fall under the unnecessary-roughness rule and be given a 15 yard penalty.

Source: http://media.www.wcuquad.com/media/storage/paper676/news/2005/04/05/Athletics/Nfl-To.Change.Rules-913674.shtml

Four years ago there would have been nothing wrong with the hit, but in 2005 they changed the rules to make "blindside hits on unsuspecting players" illegal. Here is a cut and paste from an article about the rule change:

The first rule deals with the elimination of "crack back" or blindside hits on unsuspecting players. You may remember Warren Sapp's blindside block on Packers left tackle Chad Clifton in 2002. That hit was legal then, but is considered illegal now. Sapp's hit was considered unnecessary. Clifton was nowhere near the play and in the open field. That block ended his season and jeopardized his career, starting this year, those types of open field, blindside hits will fall under the unnecessary-roughness rule and be given a 15 yard penalty.

Source: http://media.www.wcuquad.com/media/storage/paper676/news/2005/04/05/Athletics/Nfl-To.Change.Rules-913674.shtml

Again!....it was NOT a blindside hit!

Archived