Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Funny work stories

Skinned

I had to share this one since I am still laughing about it....

I manage IT for my company's Washington and Philadelphia offices and one of my users had an issue with his blackberry. I told him I would need the device to troubleshoot and that I needed his password.

So he says, T as in teabag 3881. The guy is a pretty straight-laced dude and I literally did a doubletake. Who on earth would ever say T as in teabag?? That's the equivalent of saying A as in anal :wtf:

Please feel free to share work funnies of your own...

This one time at my old work place, one of my bosses was a TOTAL douche and kept moving my desk. So, I was pissed about that; but then one day, he had the AUDACITY to steal my stapler. So, I said "That's the last straw" and I burnt the building to rubble. It's all good, though. I made my way to Mexico and I've been having a pretty cool time there, though they keep putting salt in my margaritas when I asked for no salt, NO SALT!

When I am back home for breaks I work in the kitchen at the local hospital. One night I was working with Amy and Timmy and we were ****ing around, I was washing dinner trays and sprayed down Timmy with our dish hose, absolutely soaked him.

So he comes back with a pitcher of water and a pitcher of cranberry juice, so I take off running. He throws the water on the floor in front of me so I slip and hit the ground and he dumps the pitcher of cranberry juice on me before I slam into the wall, pretty clever.

When I am back home for breaks I work in the kitchen at the local hospital. One night I was working with Amy and Timmy and we were ****ing around, I was washing dinner trays and sprayed down Timmy with our dish hose, absolutely soaked him.

So he comes back with a pitcher of water and a pitcher of cranberry juice, so I take off running. He throws the water on the floor in front of me so I slip and hit the ground and he dumps the pitcher of cranberry juice on me before I slam into the wall, pretty clever.

lol....I have no idea if you are being serious :silly:

I lifeguarded over the summer and my boss was pretty uptight about people goofing around on the job and things, so we would sneak around with water guns when we knew he wasn't going to be at work certain days.

And then for grand finale the last day me and another lifeguard were working for the summer, we figured what the hell its our last day anyways, and so we broke pretty much every rule our uptight boss had and pulled out all the hoses and soaked all the camp kids that were there and soaked all the fellow lifeguards and it turned out our boss was having a "secret/professional" relationship with one of the camp counselors, so we convinced her to throw him into the pool when he was checking chemicals and then we soaked him down later in the day with the hoses and all of us lifeguards were throwing each other in and rough housing until clock out.....just a tough day on the job:cool:

Maybe he likes a cup o tea in the morning? :whoknows:

sicko... :D

The actual explanation was that his password was t-e-a-3-8-8-1. But when he said T for teabag, he didn't actually explain that. Once he emailed me the password, I understood, but still wrong, just wrong :doh:

I work in a recruiting office for SAIC Northrop Grumman and other government integrators and we often play pranks on each other. Some of them are desk pranks, phone pranks but the best one was the remote farting machine. One of my co-workers was pranking the new guy and did so by putting a motion censor fart machine. It would work when people walked by it. So the poor new guys sits down and people are walking by and you hear a nice fart sound. Ahh great times.

I work in a recruiting office for SAIC Northrop Grumman and other government integrators and we often play pranks on each other. Some of them are desk pranks, phone pranks but the best one was the remote farting machine. One of my co-workers was pranking the new guy and did so by putting a motion censor fart machine. It would work when people walked by it. So the poor new guys sits down and people are walking by and you hear a nice fart sound. Ahh great times.

Nice...never seen one of those :D

That is hilarious!

Hmmm... lets see...

Back in my youth I worked at Pizza Hut. It was the weekend and my buddies were waiting for me up the road. They already got someone to buy us some beer (I know, I know, underage drinking is bad.) so it was gonna be a good time. :cheers: :chug:

I had to finish mopping the floors before I could leave. So I get the back room mopped. Check. Go to the break room, clock out, change. Ready to rock and roll. Can't wait for that cold beer. :cheers: :applause: :pint:

Go running out of the joint since I was late. Exit over to the right, so I turn right. However, whoever mopped the damn floors didn't put a wet floor sign up.

I slip on the floor head face first into a table and had to be taken to Mary Washington Hospital for stitches. I had to wait about 4 hours before they got to me. I think I got home around 5am. Still parched... :mad:

The water and Cranberry throwing reminds me of my first job. Of course McDonalds.

Me and some dude started to get into a food fight of sorts. Tossing pickles, those lil onions in the 5gallon buckets. Well I decide to up the ante and grab the squirting "Special Sauce" <cough> Thousand Island <cough>. Basically is like a caulk gun. So he goes running from me, like anyone would being threatened by "Special Sauce" in the face.

He is getting away heading out the side door towards the dining area. I get a last chance shot at him, door open.... Got him! Nope, he ducks...

Ok, so he ducks...

Where would the stream of "Special Sauce" go you ask? To a table that has a family of four seated and enjoying their tasty lunch. Probably with a Big Mac in the mix.

Needless to say we both get in some hot water with the manager.

Keep in mind this was around the time when the first Nightmare on Elm Street came out.

Working in the ER one night and things were very slow. Scary, mischievously slow. So the 2 other techs on duty along with a couple of friends and myself decided it was time for some poor bastage to have a joke played on them. We got together and plotted and planned our joke du nightshift. The victim, we decided, would be a relatively new,(but likable), technician who worked on the OB/GYN ward. Good guy Roger. And a friend. Pour devil. With that, we went to work.

We wrapped up Lynn's arm's and head with kling bandages that had betadine poured on them,(when dried, it can look like something like dried blood), while Alex called down to the OB/GYN ward and asked that Roger be sent down to help us in the E.R.,(the charge nurse was included in on the joke). Roger was told,(by me), that we were a bit busy with a couple of minor emergencies and that we needed him to ride with Alex to the base mess to pick up boxed nasties,( an endearing term for the lunches they prepared for the night shift crews around the base). It was policy that 2 technicians be in the Ambulance when it was out at times like this in case a call came in. Roger ****ed and moaned for a moment, and then followed Alex to the ambulance. By coincidence, this is where the bandaged up Lynn was hiding. :) (in the back of course, with window to front seats open). While Alex and Roger went to the ambulance, one of the other techs turned the radio to the ambulance,(which was on a shelf behind the main ER desk),up to nearly maximum volume as the rest of us hurried and huddled around it.

We heard Alex and Roger talking as they got into the ambulance, Alex on the driver's side. He told Roger to fasten his seatbelt, and grudgingly, Roger did. As Alex began to discuss the night's business in the E.R.,Lynn let out a deep, but loud growl that bordered on a roar and reached his bandaged arm through the window to the front and grabbed Roger.

Roger freaked. I mean went absolutely nuts. He let out a scream that was laced with all kinds of colorful expletives while simultaneously trying to dodge the bandaged arms and open the passenger door. Now he did manage to open the door, but the seatbelt kept him in the ambulance while Lynn continued to growl and grab at Roger. Somehow, in the midst of of a panic that we didn't need the radio the hear, Roger got himself free of the seatbelt and then of Lynn.

By this time, we are just in tears laughing around that radio. At that time, Roger comes into the automatic doors that led to the E.R. and all but ran back to the OB/GYN ward. All the while shouting at us how evil we were along with a few well chosen.......alternative names. Ya know he didn't talk to me for about 2-3 days after that. :)

I worked in the shipping dept and warehouse of a small business last summer when school was out for a 2nd income.

I had a lot of interaction with the sales people and was friends with all of them. One of the sales guys had a customer named Rich Simmons.

So one day I printed off a head shot of Richard Simmons (the deal-a-meal guy) signed it, "to my #1 sales guy! love Richard! XOXOXO"

I put it in a UPS envelope and even printed out a UPS label that made it appear that it was sent to this guy in the sales dept.

The letter was delievered to him and he opened it during a morning meeting. From what I heard he flipped out because he thought the guy Rich Simmons had actually sent it to him!

Everyone laughed about it for weeks and the picture was displayed in the conference room haha.

Let's see here. I remember one time nailing a guy's toolbags to the sub fascia of a house one time. At the peak of a roof about 25-30 feet off the ground. Can't say that he was happy to discover where his bags ended up. :)

Oh yeah. Got a million of those funnies. That, or get into a scissor and buckle them around a main about 30' in the air.

Failing that, there's the ever-popular "shoot the lunchbox into the slab" with a low-v shotgun, that always gets a laugh when the guy makes a grab for his Playmate and nearly throws his back out when it doesn't move.

But my personal favorite is this ONE-TIME only experience. Back in my younger (read: hard-partying) days, I used to avg about 3-4 hrs of sleep on a GOOD night, usually closed the bars at least 3 nights of every work week. I still showed up the next day, I was just less than enthusiastic about it shall we say.

PCS can probably relate to this -- when you wear bags for a living you can't wear jeans that are even remotely tight, or lots of things get pinched and the jeans can get ripped. Well, in the middle of a really bad hangover day I stepped off a ladder and boom - seat of my jeans blows out. Just a little rip in the seam, guys you've all been there, but I snapped.

I dropped my bags, and proceeded to rip the leg seams of my jeans all the way down, both sides. In about a minute I was wearing denim chaps. Guys who knew me just shrugged it off, just Sean being Sean. Went back to work no problem. There were no women tradespersons on this job, no biggie. Except...

Not less than 30 minutes after my wardrobe malfunction I see a LARGE group of hardhats heading my way. Wearing ties. And blouses. A job-walk by the suits. Well, since I didn't feel like getting fired, and there was nowhere to run, all I could do was grab a 5' drywall butt and sort of stand there, behind it, while they walked into my area and looked around. At one point in this 4-5 minute stretch I even had to kind of shift the butt around @ 60 degrees to keep it between me and them.

Ah, youth -

When I was a 1st mate at oregon inlet there was this guy that would get there earlier than most and sneak on somebody's boat just about every day and take a big splat in their head and not say anything about it. Or flush it. He even became known as the phantom ****er. To this day no one is 100% sure who that was.:evil:

So, I was serving this table, 6 adults and 8 7-11 year old kids.. Apparantly they had just come back from a football game because the girls were still in their cheerleading outfits.. Well the kids got kids cups with lids and about 10 minutes after delivering their drinks, the two girls on the end were out of drink. I went over there and they both held up their cups. That's when I let out the only sentence I have ever regretted saying:

"You guys need more drink?"

"Yes"

"Okay, just take your tops off for me"

At that point, I realized what I had said and had to cover my face to keep from laughing... I meant to say "Okay, just take your lids off for me"

That was the first time I asked 2 8 year olds to take their tops off..

So, I was serving this table, 6 adults and 8 7-11 year old kids.. Apparantly they had just come back from a football game because the girls were still in their cheerleading outfits.. Well the kids got kids cups with lids and about 10 minutes after delivering their drinks, the two girls on the end were out of drink. I went over there and they both held up their cups. That's when I let out the only sentence I have ever regretted saying:

"Yes"

At that point, I realized what I had said and had to cover my face to keep from laughing... I meant to say "Okay, just take your lids off for me"

That's hilarious :rotflmao:

Does this mean there have been other times since :confused:

"Yes"

You sick *******! I bet that got a rise out of the old man.:rotflmao:

Does this mean there have been other times since :confused:

Actually, from now on, I'm going to utter the same phrase when refilling kid's drinks... maybe after enough complaints (that they can't fire me for), they'll learn not to seat me with kids (I always work in the smoking section, so I like to laugh at people who bring kids into my section)

Archived