Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tailgating at a HS football game

Geoff_K

I dropped my son off at the local HS football game (he is a freshman and chose not to play football this year).

As I circled out of the parking lot I noticed a group of adults with tables and such set up to tailgate and all i could think was, LOL ... I called a couple friends to see what they thought and while they all agreed I am crazy, they thought the others were crazier.

Do you tailgate at high school football games ?

My friends and I, junior and senior year, used to tailgate at our high school football games... at least the big rivalry ones. We were not joined by adults, however. lol. We'd all hangout though and eat. All the more red-neck guys brought the deer they hunted and cooked venison burgers. haha. It was a good time.

We would tailgate for State Championships too, up at Raven's Stadium... two year in a row. I'm even pretty sure that when I was really young, Mark the Homer took me to my (future) highschool's State Championship game up at UMD and we tailgated there.

Really... any excuse to tailgate... I'll take it. Call me crazy, I can take it.

Indiana loves their high school sports, or at least historically has. Especially basketball. Football's not as big, but it's still big in places.

My grandfather used to follow high school basketball for the whole state through the newspapers. He knew all the top players by name just like it was a college league.

Actually we had a high school her in Massachusetts (Lincoln-Sudbury High) where due to alcohol consumption by minors at the game last weekend (9/12) ALL STUDENTS were required to have a parent with them in order to attend this weekend's game (9/19). So I guess that at least in that area they tailgate to some degree or another.

Archived