Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warhammer Online

SkinsD

I was always an EQ player, never liked WoW. I think Warhammer will take a fair amount of WoW players, or at least I hope.

Everquest **** YEAH

65 Archon LFG!!!

I stopped playing right before the level cap went from 65 to 70, I was a beast ass Cleric, one of the best on my server.

I was always an EQ player, never liked WoW. I think Warhammer will take a fair amount of WoW players, or at least I hope.

They always do - at first.

Most recently, I did Age of Conan for a month. Back to WoW.

I was in EQ for a long time before WoW. I like WoW better - EQ had too much loot camping and just plain stupid rules (stare at a blank spell book page to get mana back - oh that's fun!)

I go all the way back. DAOC, Shadowbane, AO, UO, heck - I was a beta tester for Meridien 59, the first 3d MMO of them all.

It's a good game but it doesn't have anywhere near the polish that WoW has. The details aren't a little rough around the edges.

The good thing is that it is more pvp focused and pvp actually has the deadly feel to it. Run into a crowd, tank or not, dedicated healer or not and you're dead in 10 seconds or less. I like that it forces battles to have front lines instead of random zerging. Melee classes have to sit and wait for an opening because trying to cross the divides between the lines will get you blown up by ranged classes almost instantly.

Also the public quests are fantastic. You walk into certain areas and your in an evolving battle that ends with automatic rolls for loot based on your "contribution" to the battle. Very fun.

I'll be giving it a try and hopefully it's better than AoC proved to be, otherwise I'll join the crowd going back to WoW for expansion. Deathknight looks fun.

They always do - at first.

Most recently, I did Age of Conan for a month. Back to WoW.

I was in EQ for a long time before WoW. I like WoW better - EQ had too much loot camping and just plain stupid rules (stare at a blank spell book page to get mana back - oh that's fun!)

I go all the way back. DAOC, Shadowbane, AO, UO, heck - I was a beta tester for Meridien 59, the first 3d MMO of them all.

Predicto, how long ago did you play EQ?

If you made it past like level 15, all you had to do was sit down to get mana back. Eventually, they got rid of the need too look at the spell book all together. I started playing in 2000 right after Kunark came out.

EQ was a great RPG game, I hate the easy ass EQ2/WoW ways of doing things now, they tell you where everything is and where to go.

There was a lot of loot camping, though, and grinding, it did get boring at times, but I was always in the high end guilds, so we raided every night.

Of course, I was in middle school and played for 10 hours a day.

I don't think any games coming out will be able to de-Throne WoW as the top MMORPG.

It may take a few players, but those players are ALWAYS replace by new younger ones.

I have been playing WoW since the game releashed... and finally called it quits a few months back. But now my lil cousin picked up my account and started playing.

Theres always lots of hype about a new MMORPG that will kill WoW. AKA: Guilds War, Hell Gate, Conan, and Warhammer.

Plus Frozen Throne will be out in a few months and bring back all the old school players guaranteed, with the storyline unfolding.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this now that the game has been out a few weeks

IMHO, it is an awesome game. I'd highly recommend it to any other MMO fans, even to those who have never tried an MMO before, as I think it is an incredible experience.

Anyone else on the Phoenix Throne server?

Good game but it has a long way to go. Right now the classes are far too rigidly defined. Even the "hybrid" classes lose their ability to do much more than heal early on, no matter how they spec. This is an outdated game design IMO that needs to be looked at.

Also the description of the classes is dishonest. Tanks don't do a great deal of damage by speccing into it despite the discription and in fact "great weapons" add very little if any dps in the end game. Hybrids described as "front line healers" can't go near the front line in T3 or T4. Much of the non-traditional dps classes to weak AOE damage that is completely ineffective in the end game and are struggling to find groups.

I could go on... let's just say the game has a strong base but has a great deal of ground to cover in order to compete with WoW (which is releasing their most ambitious expansion soon).

On a positive note, public quests are brilliant, the way pvp is build into the game is wonderful, and the pvp itself is far better than the experience the great WoW provides at the moment.

Waaagh!!!!

One Shaman to rule them all

Long time MMO player here. I started in a game called The Realm and have pretty much played them all since. In EQ I was an Enchanter on Mithaniel Marr server. I still have my WoW account active, but still spending a lot more time in WAR.

• 2 months later...

Archived