Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We could have another top-10 defense.

Recent Vintage

Take out the Reggie Bush punt return and the Saints scored 17 points, and if you take away Randle-El fumble that gave them the ball in the redzone they scored 10. Plus Jason Taylor is playing hurt. Granted they didn't have Colston, but Patten and Meachem aren't bad players. They still shut down Bush and Shockey.

Our special teams almost lost us the game.

Between manhandling the Saints and holding the Champs to 16 points I'm very excited about our defense. Especially when Springs is playing.

Thoughts?

Take out the Reggie Bush punt return and the Saints scored 17 points, and if you take away Randle-El fumble that gave them the ball in the redzone they scored 10. Plus Jason Taylor is playing hurt. Granted they didn't have Colston, but Patten and Meachem aren't bad players. They still shut down Bush and Shockey.

Our special teams almost lost us the game.

Between manhandling the Saints and holding the Champs to 16 points I'm very excited about our defense. Especially when Springs is playing.

Thoughts?

Also, don't forget that we didn't have Marcus Washington... Next week we will see how our defense fares against a good offense.

I'm so glad we picked up Jason Taylor. I have been wanting the guy on the team for years. He is a freaking smart player.

I can recall this once play yesterday where NO did a screen to the left with Bush. Taylor didn't even rush the Qb he went straight to Bush right at the snap. Then they got Bush for a 5 yard loss or something like that. It looked like he knew what the play was before it was even ran. Which was probably the case.

The guy is good and it sucks he had to get hurt.

I second the top-10 D callout.

Yeah our defense has been good thus far and I have no reason to think that will change. Jason Taylor is obviously hurting but he still had a good game. Horton was all over the place. HB Blades did a good job in relief of Marcus. Griffin was getting inside penetration, I saw Golston make a few plays. Very good defensive performance. As long as our offense continues to get better, the Skins are going to be dangerous.

if we can maintain the same type of consistency on defense when playing on the road, we will be a tough team to beat.

It's a good start getting that first win at home, we need to win at home, and we need to steal a few on the road.

Hopefully we will continue to improve and will not take any steps backwards.

Also, don't forget that we didn't have Marcus Washington... Next week we will see how our defense fares against a good offense.

Yea Marcus was out, but there was no dropoff in the LB play with Blades in for him. Blades wasn't all over the field, but you wouldn't even have noticed Washington was out the way the D played. It was good to see Blades hold his own as Washington's injury issues arise again this season. NO has a good offense as well. I don't know much about the Cards run game. I'm thinking it will be up to the D to get pressure on Warner like we did Brees today. That and a good offensive showing should get us a win.

That's a lot of what-if's, and aside from Randle El's fumble, the events on special teams has no bearing on our defensive ranking since it usually refers to rankings by yardage.

Meanwhile, I think you're underestimating the loss of their #1 receiver. Remember when we had David Patten? If we lost Moss that year, would our offense still have been good?

I'm still not sold on the run defense just not yet. The Saints aren't a good running team with Bush as the featured back. If the Skins can stop the run consistently from week to week on 1st downs then I'll be sold. I'm still kinda iffy. None the less they played well against the Saints. I'm glad Horton played. I felt in preseason that he should start. He's just better than Doughty period.

P.S.

Hopefully they'll up Horton's attributes on Madden.

Its not the reciever that makes the offense. Take mcnabb out of philly what do you have? Campbell has a better game, we score points. where were the saints before brees. They have one of the best offenses in the nfl then without one player.

Different subject:

I said before the refs control games to keep certain teams winning. Shannahan is on the hot seat this year. he doesn't win he's looking for a job. He will probley go to the hall of fame. The refs had the choice to waite two minutes to get the replay working, chose to not waite gave the bll to denver at the chargers twenty. Then after odvious cutler fumble blow the whistle. It has happened before, and the refs chose to make the right decision for the correct outcome, this time they picked the outcome. I other example i always drop is two years ago in the playoffs. Redskins vs seahawks. hasselbeks run into the endzone and daniels being held. Now everytime you see that play in advertisements the picture is always croped and you see daniels fall behind him because the tackle let go. homgrem the seattle coach was on the hot seat that year. he will go into the hall of fame.

Archived